Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels TennoGen Skins?

Swazdo-lah fellow Tennos!

For quite some time now i have been asking my self why [DE] hasnt allowed TennoGen developers to make Skins for Sentinels yet, considering that aside our own Warframes, they are the second object that remains on screen most of the time and are some of the oldest pieces of gear in the game? Its so rare to come out any skin for Sentinels and im pretty sure the TennoGen creators could come up with some fascinating concepts to make our floaty companions more attractive!

If Skins for Sentinels are allowed, only doubts are, if [DE] allowed the creation of TennoGen skins for Sentinels, would they require the creators to make skins specific to each sentinel or would they allow the creators more creative freedom so they can use for example the Carrier's Skeleton/Animation to make a Skin that can be used on say, a DethCube?

Would love to see other Tenno's opinions on this!

If DE were to allow Sentinel skins for creation, the easiest thing they could do is probably something similar for Warframe skins. Either only a retexture that keeps the base model the same, or a remodel that keeps the same skeleton intact. However, I don't think it would make sense for them to give artists one Sentinel's skeleton only for it to be used on a completely different ones. If Universal Sentinel TennoGen skins could be a thing, I'd rather they make new skeletons from scratch that could give variety for creativity, such as one that has spread-open 'wings' or even a circular one with simple attachment placements.

It would be fun if someone was able to create a skin for Dethcube that just makes it a sphere.

On 2020-07-01 at 9:35 PM, Scruffel said:

If DE were to allow Sentinel skins for creation, the easiest thing they could do is probably something similar for Warframe skins. Either only a retexture that keeps the base model the same, or a remodel that keeps the same skeleton intact. However, I don't think it would make sense for them to give artists one Sentinel's skeleton only for it to be used on a completely different ones. If Universal Sentinel TennoGen skins could be a thing, I'd rather they make new skeletons from scratch that could give variety for creativity, such as one that has spread-open 'wings' or even a circular one with simple attachment placements.

It would be fun if someone was able to create a skin for Dethcube that just makes it a sphere.

It's a redundant gear item, wouldn't make a difference. Just add precepts to a universal. It should be a thing and I want it now!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived