Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

They removed it because it removed player choice? LOL. That is complete nonsense. The Xoris is garbage for a min maxer. It only makes it easier to use. Main advantage to it is that it lets you use your other weapons without having to babysit your combo counter. Otherwise the damage it lets you do is garbage compared to some of the other weapons you can use.

So all this change does is make it harder for newbs to do high damage since you did not need Naramon or rare Rivens on melee weapons since everyone got the Xoris. This change does nothing for veteran players. Khora will still do godly damage as the Xoris was never the top choice.

Just now, Cerikus said:

Your forma is not going anywhere. You can still use the frames with forma. And Xoris will stay crazy good too. Only the interaction is going away.

Well thats your opinion, many players like me who already have most if not all weapons just put forma on the xoris to use it with certain frames.

5 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

are you trolling? 
The xoris is staying the same. If you like it, use it. It will still be crazy good.
If you use it as a statstick that's not using the weapon.

the only reason i have to use glave is for the state stick nothing else

i think its common sense that you use infinity combo duration for state stick thats the first thing that come to mind i am saying why the nerf now after all the investment done??

you like glave that doesnt mean everyone like it so thats why 

also i really dont mind nerf but what about my investment of 5 forma and patato if the combo  working with the warframe ability was not a thing i would have never touched that glave

5 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Yes.. BUT Xoris is MR4 weapon. You can get a frame which uses a statstick and at that point you have finished the game. CG.
Farming the focus for Naramon takes a lot of time and it's even longer before a player even interacts with it.

Khora is in SO, Atlas is on Eris, Gara is pretty early, Excal has some use for a stat stick I think..

point is that it wont help an MR4 very much, it will shine in mid-to late star chart.

The Naramon node is extremely early, not that that isnt a challenge for new players, but its not insurmountable.

Just now, Cerikus said:

I do have to say... What does underperforming even mean? I don't see a problem when you can use them to finish literally anything in the game.

It means that a regular weapon will give you better results than a frame's most defining ability. And that's on top of not constantly draining energy, preventing passive energy regen, getting disabled by nullifiers and falling out of bounds, being unable to deal damage to capture targets and arbitration drones.. am I forgetting something? I wouldn't be surprised, there's a lot of drawbacks involved with exalted melee.

Sure, maybe they will kill anything you typically throw at them (Wukong's staff is so neglected that it'll probably fail even there) but if they're not worth using regardless because something available to every frame is better, they're underperforming.

1 minute ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

Well thats your opinion, many players like me who already have most if not all weapons just put forma on the xoris to use it with certain frames.

same man 
if they give the inventment back it would have been atleast bareable

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

.And Xoris will stay crazy good too.

good joke, its an awful weapon both cause glaive stances suck and because glaive prime is a better glaive by a huge margin even without that gimmick

5 minutes ago, kerespup said:

I honestly don't think Warframe or the Content Creators that popularized the interaction/build are liable for a refund, for people's own desire to try out an obviously broken interaction.

If it is/was that broken, why was it released in the first place?

Thats the problem with DE, sometimes such things stay in the game and you can use it, sometimes not.

Why investing ressources and time in something that might get nerfed in the future and the Xoris is especially fatal, because alot if not most players only put time and effort in it for it's special passive.

This is a bad loop DE should avoid, maybe better playtesting, after 7 years they finally were able to put up a testserver....

It is depressing, that after all these years of Warframe development such things still  happen, just my 2 cents as a guy playing this game since 2013.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Vicghost said:

The Second Dream is available from MR3 iirc and gives you one of the stronger melees in the game for free. Of course there's also the Hek at MR4 which can carry through the starchart. I don't get this argument that "Oh it's MR4 you win the game after getting it!" when there's a lot of other things you can get at that time that are possibly better.

Yes, what you are saying is true, but we all know that Warframe is not pushing you towards Second dream. There are so many people that played 200 h, were MR higer than 4 and did not finish second dream. You simply cannot allow people to have a thing that eliminates choice and is viable for you forever. 
Just like you said Broken War or Hek are powerful and will get you through starchart, but that's all. After that they aren't usefull that much. 

I know it was coming, but why dont you fix exalted weapons while you are at it? One thing for another one? I mean, we all love our frames with the exalted weapons but the melee ones lost their mojo. When are you planning to address this issue? I am sure the idea of exalted weapons is that they should feel stronger than regular weapons and they don't. Still, I will forma my Xoris and probably use it as my healing stick probably...

5 minutes ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

If you are a player like you, why would you care about few formas?

3 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

It means that a regular weapon will give you better results than a frame's most defining ability. And that's on top of not constantly draining energy, preventing passive energy regen, getting disabled by nullifiers and falling out of bounds, being unable to deal damage to capture targets and arbitration drones.. am I forgetting something? I wouldn't be surprised, there's a lot of drawbacks involved with exalted melee.

Sure, maybe they will kill anything you typically throw at them (Wukong's staff is so neglected that it'll probably fail even there) but if they're not worth using regardless because something available to every frame is better, they're underperforming.

in the past exalted weapons have way higher base damage than other weapons, but now, it is no longer the case. So DE really need to buff these weapons.

2 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Yes, what you are saying is true, but we all know that Warframe is not pushing you towards Second dream. There are so many people that played 200 h, were MR higer than 4 and did not finish second dream. You simply cannot allow people to have a thing that eliminates choice and is viable for you forever. 
Just like you said Broken War or Hek are powerful and will get you through starchart, but that's all. After that they aren't usefull that much. 

Warframe isn't pushing you towards Deadlock Protocol either? What is this argument even supposed to be? "But what if you don't get Broken War!" What if you don't get Xoris. What if you don't get one of the synergy frames. What if you never install the game. What if you just use Mom's credit card to buy Khora, get Jaw Sword off Nightwave, buy all the mods you need off trade chat, and slap the game that way?

2 minutes ago, kerespup said:

I honestly don't think Warframe or the Content Creators that popularized the interaction/build are liable for a refund, for people's own desire to try out an obviously broken interaction.

then why release such a broken interaction in first place (which imo is not) just to sink few catalyst and forma bundle, this getting boring and taxative u know 

Just now, Cerikus said:

If you are a player like you, why would you care about few formas?

Because you cant have enough forma?

Build time is still at 24 hours after all those years and an increased demand for forma nowadays.

Especially since they came up with great ideas like stance/aura formas *facepalm* or rather their build cost.

I had no idea Xoris does that, but I also hate the feel of glaives for intense melee, and the "am I or am I not dual wielding" funkiness with a secondary. I get everything I need from a Kripath (zaw cannon) or Paracesis (stuns and sentients) though I'm on the lookout for Kuva Twin Krohkur or Dual Kreska in the future! 

It is probably good to have some limit on Xoris, and while my first instinct is to consider just having two separate melee combo meters so Xoris can remain full while exalted are in use, I have to imagine that's up to a 1 month code refactor just to get it working. 

Also Chrome spell check wanted to correct "glaives" to "laxatives,"  just FYI.

6 minutes ago, --PG--papa said:

the only reason i have to use glave is for the state stick nothing else

i think its common sense that you use infinity combo duration for state stick thats the first thing that come to mind i am saying why the nerf now after all the investment done??

you like glave that doesnt mean everyone like it so thats why 

also i really dont mind nerf but what about my investment of 5 forma and patato if the combo  working with the warframe ability was not a thing i would have never touched that glave

Well it was you who brought up the argument that they wanted people to use glaives more not me. So saying "you like glave that doesnt mean everyone like it so thats why" kinda contradicts your originial argument.

If you figured the interaction on yourself, you would know that it's getting nerfed. I knew it from day 1.
If you just copied a build from somewhere, I don't see why you think you deserve the forma back.

But as I said, the weapon is staying strong, maybe try to use your forma on it, and use it as a melee.

I can't agree with these whack-a-mole kind of solutions, it'll just make me swap back to whichever focus path gave reduced combo decay and put on a +combo duration mod on a different weapon and we'll be right back there.

1 minute ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

If it is/was that broken, why was it released in the first place?

Thats the problem with DE, sometimes such things stay in the game and you can use it, sometimes not.

Why investing ressources and time in something that might get nerfed in the future and the Xoris is especially fatal, because alot if not most players only put time and effort in it for it's special passive.

This is a bad loop DE should avoid, maybe better playtesting, after 7 years they finally were able to put up a testserver....

Someone explained it better earlier, but basically the reason why this went under the radar is that even though DE does test and play their game, they don't min-max. This interaction was actually discovered and showcased on streams and videos by the content creators, and that's when it spread like wildfire and came under DE's radar.

14 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

good joke, its an awful weapon both cause glaive stances suck and because glaive prime is a better glaive by a huge margin even without that gimmick

Cannot call Xoris awful, just a bit inferior. After putting 6 forma into Xoris, yes, Glaive prime with only 2 forma is a bit better although they come pretty close mostly due to combo counter. Keep in mind, you have to try and aim for the head and equip the right mods depending on the fraction.

I don't have particular issues with Astral twilight but I understand it can be personal like-dislike.

Guys.... be real. We all saw the Hard Mode PTS .... almost everyone trying to clear with ease the missions where using that stupid Khora Build that it´s just "press a button and everything in a 15m radius dies" .... IT´S NOT FUN to play like that. And I´m a 6 year everyday player. 

It wasn´t a good interaction. It was a BROKEN interaction. And I´m glad they´re fixing it. 

Just an opinion. Feel free to disagree

1 minute ago, (PS4)Astro_BS-AS said:

Guys.... be real. We all saw the Hard Mode PTS .... almost everyone trying to clear with ease the missions where using that stupid Khora Build that it´s just "press a button and everything in a 15m radius dies" .... IT´S NOT FUN to play like that. And I´m a 6 year everyday player. 

It wasn´t a good interaction. It was a BROKEN interaction. And I´m glad they´re fixing it. 

Just an opinion. Feel free to disagree

Khora does that without the Xoris. Better even.

Archived