Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

1) The game is not balanced around Rivens. Never has, never will, and their existence will never be used as a barometer for how melee-based abilities are allowed o scale. Not everyone has a Riven for the Mire or Jaw sword. Everyone gets a Xoris.

2) He flat out starts his video by admitting that the Xoris was making people lazy because they didn't have to invest much on it for the benefit (At the 0:48 mark).

Extreme min-maxers like him are people DE shouldn't listen to either.

Xoris is just a lazy option, it doesn't give any damage difference. Do you know that level 9999 Corrupted Heavy Gunners only has 750k health? Riven is always an overkill LOL. 'Overwhelming damage' is always there, just not lazy enough.

If DE really understand their game, then this won't even happen in the first place. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Astro_BS-AS said:

Guys.... be real. We all saw the Hard Mode PTS .... almost everyone trying to clear with ease the missions where using that stupid Khora Build that it´s just "press a button and everything in a 15m radius dies" .... IT´S NOT FUN to play like that. And I´m a 6 year everyday player. 

It wasn´t a good interaction. It was a BROKEN interaction. And I´m glad they´re fixing it. 

Just an opinion. Feel free to disagree

You are just describing Khora my dude.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Astro_BS-AS said:

Guys.... be real. We all saw the Hard Mode PTS .... almost everyone trying to clear with ease the missions where using that stupid Khora Build that it´s just "press a button and everything in a 15m radius dies" .... IT´S NOT FUN to play like that. And I´m a 6 year everyday player. 

It wasn´t a good interaction. It was a BROKEN interaction. And I´m glad they´re fixing it. 

Just an opinion. Feel free to disagree

Khora can still do that same thing with Naramon and other mods. Xoris didn't bring any new interaction, just made it easily accessible to everyone. Which I guess is somehow a problem.

3 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Easy, to let DE know why some of their whales are gone. My opinion doesnt matter anyway. Maybe it helps that someone in the sleepy DE-HQ wakes up for the rest who are still staying here to get a better game out of it.

I respect that and I don't thing your opinions doesn't matter. I just wanted to know why you would be here. 

I understand your point, but my position is that I will always support nerfs in game (if it's reasonable of course). I maybe sad because of it, but I support it.

Players will always minmax all the fun out of a game and devs job is to counter that.

Okay I'll post this cause I feel it's justified to be.

Countless people here states they want their stuff returned for forma and other things they did for the xoris but let's be real, did you expect it to remain the same forever? No, I didn't expect it as I knew when it entered our game it'd be busted due to abilities n such and made it stale and I know the whole deal with "I spent platinum/forma/other stuff" on this and honestly that's on yourself, nobody forced you to do it, it's a free choice so if you did do it, then suck it up honestly. 

DE won't give you it back not cause they don't like you or anyone within our community, rather cause you have a warning before applying forma or anything on a weapon and if you decide to spend something on it and it later gets nerfed when that will always happen in a forever developing game, that's no concept we can avoid or foresee what to occur. We've to simply live with our choices as I do know how it feels to spending x amount on a specific thing for it later becoming bad and you know what, I don't sit and complain about that rather I'm like, okay I did this while it was in it's prime and now it isn't, maybe in the future it'd be reworked and become better and sometimes it does occur and that's something we've to wish for.

TLDR: Stop complaining about wasting x on the xoris, nerfs will eventually come at a time and if you don't like it well too late, you've already done it.

Thank you for the unnecessary nerf to what was literally a convenience for semi-long endurance runs. Now I will have to run Naramon instead of Zenurik on Khora just to have that bit of utility that Xoris provided. Thus meaning I'll lose the ability to snare, elec proc and restore a little bit of energy. It was practically the ONLY glaive worth using and let's be honest in the current meta, setup and the average games lasting about 10-15 mins because reasons, this wasn't even that overpowered, if there is such a thing in a PvE setting.

I honestly don't understand how nerfing helps the game, especially since what it currently provides is lackluster and has been for the last few major updates in terms of promises/expectations vs. reality. On the other hand this helped me make a solid decision to once again take a break from Warframe and also not spend any money on the exclusive cosmetics such as the Edo Prime set which was my intention.

Kudos, and keep up the solid work.

Let me be clear, Ash, Khora, Atlas will actually stays the same, the things that are actually nerfed are Exalted Melee Weapons, which already bad in the first place. 

So if DE have any plan to buff/change Exalted Melee Weapons, like make Gladiator mods, Blood Rush, Weeping wounds start working on them, it will be fine.

TLDR, DE are not actually balancing things, they just take away a viable option for weak exalted melee weapons to shine once more. This is the thing that triggers me. 

And please don't 'balance' your game around level 50, it is pointless.

5 minutes ago, RailJakt said:

Okay I'll post this cause I feel it's justified to be.

Countless people here states they want their stuff returned for forma and other things they did for the xoris but let's be real, did you expect it to remain the same forever? No, I didn't expect it as I knew when it entered our game it'd be busted due to abilities n such and made it stale and I know the whole deal with "I spent platinum/forma/other stuff" on this and honestly that's on yourself, nobody forced you to do it, it's a free choice so if you did do it, then suck it up honestly. 

DE won't give you it back not cause they don't like you or anyone within our community, rather cause you have a warning before applying forma or anything on a weapon and if you decide to spend something on it and it later gets nerfed when that will always happen in a forever developing game, that's no concept we can avoid or foresee what to occur. We've to simply live with our choices as I do know how it feels to spending x amount on a specific thing for it later becoming bad and you know what, I don't sit and complain about that rather I'm like, okay I did this while it was in it's prime and now it isn't, maybe in the future it'd be reworked and become better and sometimes it does occur and that's something we've to wish for.

TLDR: Stop complaining about wasting x on the xoris, nerfs will eventually come at a time and if you don't like it well too late, you've already done it.

Yeah I agree, Ive wasted a lot of forma and stuff on trash already, I don't care, I wouldn't expect refunds.

Though if I wasn't flush I might not have invested in the Xoris to begin with, if people really pushed their resources to get it fully modded Its understandable.

I don't know, i remain neutral.

This is a very extreme change and very much so an overreaction. This effectually makes the weapon unplayable on the frames listed above, creating exclusion when it is an attempt to fix this weapon becoming a be-all-end-all (Which it's not, High disposition Riven weapons are. The Xoris is just convenient). A better solution to this would read as follows:

When Xoris is equipped, using an exalted weapon begins a 5 second combo duration, this is reset each exalted melee strike or removed when Xoris melee strikes an enemy.

Or

When Xoris is equipped, using an exalted weapon starts to decay combo at a rate of 5 combo/second until Xoris melee is used to increases combo count.

By making changes like this, you give players a choice: Use better stat sticks like the heat sword running Naramon for insane damage and high level play, or if you want a more relaxed play style, the Xoris is there for you so you can build your combo over the mission and not have to worry that enemy density reset your counter. If you go ahead with the proposed change, please at least return forma to the players who took the time to level the weapon. I know I forma'd it several times, and I bet some people even used umbral forma on it. Please don't let that time, or those resources go to waste. 

1 minute ago, Oorel said:

Though if I wasn't flush I might not have invested in the Xoris to begin with, if people really pushed their resources to get it fully modded Its understandable.

This is indeed true though you must always see it like this "New weapons/warframes in their early days will revive either buffs or nerfs till they're somewhat stable for the game" if they didn't do that, image the all the things they've done in the past would be busted now even but they fix it eventually and this might be a big nerf as a whole but it's better to nerf things then out right leaving busted things there.

2 minutes ago, Oorel said:

I don't know, i remain neutral.

Same applies here, I don't use it to begin with as I mostly use Limbo and has no benefit of having that weapon in my loadout so I can't speak for those mains that actually do use it constantly. 

3 minutes ago, BladeZerker said:

Thank you for the unnecessary nerf to what was literally a convenience for semi-long endurance runs. Now I will have to run Naramon instead of Zenurik on Khora just to have that bit of utility that Xoris provided. Thus meaning I'll lose the ability to snare, elec proc and restore a little bit of energy. It was practically the ONLY glaive worth using and let's be honest in the current meta, setup and the average games lasting about 10-15 mins because reasons, this wasn't even that overpowered, if there is such a thing in a PvE setting.

I honestly don't understand how nerfing helps the game, especially since what it currently provides is lackluster and has been for the last few major updates in terms of promises/expectations vs. reality. On the other hand this helped me make a solid decision to once again take a break from Warframe and also not spend any money on the exclusive cosmetics such as the Edo Prime set which was my intention.

Kudos, and keep up the solid work.

It was convenience for an experienced player, but some youtubers and streamers sold it as the "Solution to everyting" which hindered the balance. I understand why they nerf it.

Glaives as a melee are worth using, if you like the way they work and xoris will continue to be usable.

Using Xoris as a stat stick is NOT using glaive as a weapon.

Nerfing helps to prevent minmaxing fun out of the game. We can be glad, that DE nerf and prevent it.

I have taken a break from Warframe for some time not so long ago and I recommend it if you are frustrated. I hope you will return tho 😉

Just now, (PS4)palebluelight said:

I want all my forma back. The amount of oversight in allowing this to release as is and then to take it away is unbelievably incompetent. 

i agree with this guy, give us back all the forma that we *wasted* and play your game. Nope playing on stream doesn't mean that you actually know how your game works.

i should have known better when i invested forma and time leveling this weapon. i have absolutely no use for it now because i dont like glaives just as probably 90% of the rest of warframe players. 

but you should have made clear from day 1 when this was discovered, that it was not going to stay that way so we wouldnt have wasted our time and resources.

give me back my formas and catalyst. and while you are at it, maybe give me back my fun playing and enjoying this game, or maybe an update that i dont finish in 4 hours grinding out everything new implemented

Archived