Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

Out of curiosity, would it not be possible to just have the Xoris combo work normally outside of the Void, then become infinite in the Void?

Having Xoris in your loadout already triggers some flags in the Granum Void it appears, so this could be extended to the combo perhaps, making the weapon work exactly the same as others outside of the Granum Void, instead of it having a unique negative interaction with abilities.

THIS. Yes, DE, do this. It makes logical sense, doesn't create special behaviors and caveats that are hard to maintain, and the changes are actually restricted to Xoris rather than needing to alter the behavior of a bunch of things JUST when Xoris is equipped.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

It's our mistake that the infinite combo resulted in these scenarios, and I understand why there is frustration around it. As said above, we didn't want to make an overwhelming nerf to Warframe abilities/Exalted weapons across the board, so we decided to only change the interaction with Xoris directly. 

A possible solution to this would be the possibility of modding these abilities weapons separately, just like the exalted ones, and hildrins balefire? Without the need of statsticks anymore...

4 hours ago, KCToxic said:

Time to return to my rivened melees. 

I supposed this had to happen due to the power it gave but resetting the counter every time you use an ability means that it's literally useless as a stat stick for frames like Khora. Especially since whipclaw won't be able to build combo as intended. 

Why not just give it combo duration when equipped by the frames listed above? So it can expire but someone maintaining the combo through normal play can still have big number?

Exactly. Let the combo counter act as normal on a conditional either based on the frame or on the use of the specific mentioned abilities.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’

Said literally nobody ever, the Discussion about Xoris was actually "Xoris is an accessible alternative, but it does not outdamage the proper stat sticks for these specific Warframes" 

Xoris doesn't offer damage like the real weapons Khora or Atlas mains use, but Consistency across levels without being restricted towards building in a specific way, and you just took that away from Every player that didn't want to be forced to go through the (Ludicrously Inflated) Riven Economy

24 minutes ago, alseltas said:

With the Deadlock Protocol launch Ash was revived from long nightmare.

And now Ash is dead again.

If you think xoris has increased his effectiveness, no offense buddy, but you clearly don't know how to build ash. Xoris haven't addressed even a single problems ash has from that dreaded bladestorm nerf.

The Xoris is not overpowered. It is an alternative to being required to use Naramon focus school every time you use a melee weapon/stat stick.

Before the Xoris, Naramon was the the focus school to use when using a stat stick because you lose your entire combo counter if you do not melee attack an enemy by the time the combo duration ends. Although you could use combo duration mods to increase this time, if an enemy did not spawn within this time you still lost your entire combo counter. The Naramon focus school skill "Power Spike" solves this problem but you were forced into using a single focus school every time you wanted to use combo counter based melee attacks or skills. This set a standard of 'Naramon or you’re doing it wrong’ which is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice. 

The Xoris solved this problem. Its infinite combo duration allowed you to not be forced to use the Naramon focus school for all of the combo counter based builds. You coulld use the Naramon focus school with a melee weapon that has a high riven disposition if you want more damage or use the Xoris with another focus school if you did not want to use Naramon. It got rid of the standard of ‘Naramon or you’re doing it wrong’ which was greatly restrictive in terms of player choice. 

Also the damage output of the Xoris was not overpowered. You could do much more damage if you used the Naramon focus school with the Mire or Jaw sword using a riven. The Xoris is just an alternative to the Naramon focus school.

TLDR:

The Xoris is not overpowered, it is an alternative to Naramon

‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is not valid, it just added another option for melee stat sticks

The damage output of the Xoris is not overpowered because it has bad rivens for stat sticks

Zitat

However, the overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon,

YEP!  that is the 1. thing every player things about when seeing the infinite Combo. 

btw xoris was never the top dmg option for some of the mentioned frames 🙂

This does not improve build diversity. Now instead of “xoris or you’re doing it wrong” we are back to having Naramon or you’re doing it wrong. You have replaced one no brainer choice with another that limits build diversity just as much. Before you could run zenurik for energy vazarin for healing and support or madurai for damage buffs. Now we have to use naramon for combo upkeep. Congratulations you have done nothing useful with these changes. 

5 hours ago, CrimsonPenguino said:

You want to know an even easier solution? Make it so that these abilities are separately mod-able, like exalted weapons are. I have mostly heard of people using this as a stat stick for khora, atlas, etc. so an easier fix would be to make it so that you could mod those abilities so you don't have to worry about this. I don't know why that isn't a thing as it is. 

Pretty much this, I loathe the concept of stat sticks, no warframe should have to gimp their melee slot with a pathetic weapon just because we have abilities that need a certain specific build to work, I want my atlas to use fist and sparring weapons but I cannot use them because building these weapons to buff ability damage makes them garbage weapons to use for combos and heavy attacks. You literally have to ignore melee weapons on Atlas and Khora, because they are only there to buff their 1st skill

1 minute ago, Hughes1224 said:

How about you refund our Formas that we used on it then since no one is using a Glaive

Sorry I am using glaives and I advise more people to use them, because they are pretty decent as melee weapons, even though their throw attacks need a buff.

Archived