Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, Cerikus said:

You CANNOT balance the game based on rivens. Not everyone has riven. Almost nobody will get a good riven, or even god riven. Many people don't use rivens to begin with or just flat out refuse to do that.

Using rivens as an argument is absolutely erroneous.

It's not, because Rivens work on Khora and Gara. We have tools to get even more broken damage than Xoris allowed us to get, Xoris is just a QoL - you don't have to watch your combo.

Which is why I think we need all frames that use statsticks to have exalted weapons, and then we need to make exalted weapons good.

8 hours ago, --Raid-Master-Qued said:

They are nerfing an OP interaction. Why people hate nerfs?

because we are MEANT to be golden gods......instead of nerfing interesting stuff they should be balancing dated content and make ALL damaging abilities scale against enemies, not just specific ones.

1 hour ago, WaifuJanna said:

How you want to balance an abillity that is good/usable lategame and NOT super broken early game?

What if I told you that balancing Warframe powers around the state in which they are the weakest... should not even be a thing DE thinks about. Literally nobody will complain if a Warframe ability is "too good" unless it actually breaks the game.

24 minutes ago, Gendalph said:

It's not, because Rivens work on Khora and Gara. We have tools to get even more broken damage than Xoris allowed us to get, Xoris is just a QoL - you don't have to watch your combo.

It kinda is, because like 80% of the rolls of riven is garbage. Gettin an ok roll that is usable either takes a lot of kuva or the plat price to buy it is ridiculus. That makes it not something you even can or want to balance around.

Also if YOU have a riven you are not "a spike" in the general statistics. You are just a lone person who had either a lucky roll or bought it. Nothing to balance there.

24 minutes ago, Gendalph said:

Which is why I think we need all frames that use statsticks to have exalted weapons, and then we need to make exalted weapons good.

I agree 100% with this tho.

But you know.. The solution to Xoris is a fast one. It's exactly the thing I think people should realize. 

Yes. This nerf is not the best solution.
Yes. There is much better solution.
The better solution takes weeks and tons of people to change.
The solution they are doing takes one person and probably like 15 mins.

I can deal with that, especially since they are working on Tennocon reveal and other stuff and are working from home.

6 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Just for the info, bladestorm damage is determined the moment you cast it and won't change in process. Losing combo, losing arcane effect, etc., wont' affect currently "deployed"/active bladestorm.

That's not true. Bladestorm will gain damage as the attacks add to the combo count, and if you use a heavy attack in the middle of the clones attacking, any attacks after the combo count is reset will have lower damage. I have proof below.

Watch this and pay attention to the damage numbers. Each enemy is only marked once, and the only enemy that survives is the first one to be attacked since they took less damage due to the combo counter being at 0.

Now watch this to see the opposite effect. The only enemies that survive are the enemies that were attacked after the combo count was drained.

If bladestorm's damage was determined on cast, then all enemies would survive in the first test, and all enemies would die in the second test.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

Within The Deadlock Protocol Quest brought the Xoris: a Glaive weapon capable of chaining Melee Combos infinitely. The design intention behind the infinite combo mechanic was predominantly added for the Granum Void’s charged throw moments, to allow you to retain your charges until you were ready. This mechanic opened up new avenues for Melee builds to maximize this infinite Melee Combo Duration, which is great! 

However, the overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice. This was our oversight, our mistake, and we apologize for the time it took to formulate a plan and address this.

So since the damage output was an oversight will you guys also be changing how rivens and augment mods affect warframe abilities also? That oversight has been in the game since rivens were implemented into the game, and can output way more damage than the xoris. 

9 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Probably not as you need to get the Riven first, while this weapon was handed out to everyone. There is still a lot of RNG involved to get that setup.

Or you can just buy the power- Can we just get rivens removed from the game? Or imporved like I dont give a S#&$ that people sell them for 5k plat- they are a blight in warframe and need to be reworked or removed.

34 minutes ago, Sickle_Slayer said:

Lol you act as if I was defendind a mechanic was clearly OP, and saying that the nerf wasn't justified. I Know it was justified. And the fact that it would be getting a nerf isn't the point of contention.

It's not even justified. Naramon was an option for ages, and other weapons can offer more damage. Whipclaw and landslide didn't actually get stronger because of Xoris. All the people who claim it's OP and the only viable  statstick simply don't know what they're talking about, which is rather common among warframe players.

For exalted weapons, the nerf is more justified. But 1) it's of DE's own making because they're the ones who made Gladiator set look at normal melee's counter instead of exalted melee's one as it did before and 2) exalted melees are struggling anyway so who cares if they get a bit better

2 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

All the people who claim it's OP and the only viable  statstick simply don't know what they're talking about, which is rather common among warframe players.

Yes. 100%
But that's not reason for the nerf. The reason is that streamers/youtubers sold it as if it was and people started using it. I guarantee that the usage stats skyrocketed especially during the testcluster. The weapon doesn't have to be the best weapon in the category to deserve the nerf. Catchmoon or Bramma was the same story. These were NOT the best weapons in the game, but people went crazy and used them.

19 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

But you know.. The solution to Xoris is a fast one. It's exactly the thing I think people should realize.

...but this solves nothing? All it does is forces people to get statstick rivens, as they did before.

Knee jerk reaction by DE as usual. 

Instead of actually putting some effort into making Non-exalted ability weapons modable, just nerf the statstick players enjoy using.  

Rivens are cool though, those have revenue potential. 

So does this means casting once of any exalted or pseudo exalted ability then the combo obtained will gone ? 

DE, you sure this is not illogical ? A melee that restrict Warframe ability ? Seriously ? This nerf needs more mature thoughts, and this is not ok... 

This makes me sad a little as this proves you guys didn't think enough before taking any actions, including the infinite combo duration stuff which is illogical too. 

edit: DE, i forma it after the nerf announcement, that xoris isn't that great to be honest. Although it makes baruuk more fun to play but you remove the fun part.

Archived