[DE]Megan

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

Posted (edited)

So does this means casting once of any exalted or pseudo exalted ability then the combo obtained will gone ? 

DE, you sure this is not illogical ? A melee that restrict Warframe ability ? Seriously ? This nerf needs more mature thoughts, and this is not ok... 

This makes me sad a little as this proves you guys didn't think enough before taking any actions, including the infinite combo duration stuff which is illogical too. 

edit: DE, i forma it after the nerf announcement, that xoris isn't that great to be honest. Although it makes baruuk more fun to play but you remove the fun part.

Edited by Aoennor
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, 0asu said:

Knee jerk reaction by DE as usual. 

Instead of actually putting some effort into making Non-exalted ability weapons modable, just nerf the statstick players enjoy using.  

Rivens are cool though, those have revenue potential. 

Quoted for truth.
Very disappointed by DE's thought process on this one.

• Like 4

Amazing, the Xoris gets nerfed, but multiple stat-sticks are still a better choice, and certain exalted weapons like Wukong's Iron Staff are still garbage in comparison to using a better melee weapon, with the added negative of costing energy per second.

Why not focus on buffing those instead of dumpstering a perfectly fine weapon and relegating it to the ever-growing Mastery Fodder pile?

• Like 7

I think this is a fraudulent act. You should consider measures for credit recovery.

• Like 4

Great job making the Xoris lose it's infinite weapon counter instead of buffing the weapons that benefited from it because they were weaker, and sending it to mastery hell like many others.

Now get to Extraction. Immediately. The Corpus, Grineer, and even the tenno are now fast approaching. Even the man in the wall is interested.

Wow! What a great adjustment!
DE will continue to reduce the number of players and there will be even fewer "victims" to play this S#&$.
I don't know what the point is in harassing, reducing the number of players and reducing profits, but I support DE! lol😆

• Like 2

Il y a 8 heures, CrimsonBladeZeta a dit :

You know what if they even play their game they will know when they design this item this will happen, but they didn't. 

Exactly. This whole debacle is once again reinforcing the idea that they don't really play nor know their own freaking game.

• Like 4

hace 1 minuto, C0stanza dijo:

Exactly. This whole debacle is once again reinforcing the idea that they don't really play nor know their own freaking game.

Definitely feels like it, and it sucks.

Hell why don't they just do test-servers for i dunno... EVERY PATCH/HOTFIX? At least that way players can tell them and make sure they don't end up causing another community splitting over things like this. Like i know it's hard to be a dev, but if you can't test your things, have the people that play your game do it and tell you the troubles/eye-catching details.

• Like 1

Just give us all exalted melee weapons as an option for the frame being used. Give Khora a whip,  Atlas sparring weapons, Ash dual swords etc. just like with Garuda and her talons. Then, in the future, any other frame that has a exalted weapon of any kind, design them with the intent to be separately modded and usable.

Mesa exists, and can shred basically any content in the game her regulators can target. I don't see a problem giving other frames this strength if Mesa will keep it.

• Like 1

DE: We respect player's time investment, that's why we won't allow Universal Medallions to be used on Conclave, or reduce the Hema's cost.

Also DE: Oh you just formed the crap outta that weapon and the Warframes to go with it? Tough, YOINK, go work on something else.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Sylonus said:

DE: We respect player's time investment, that's why we won't allow Universal Medallions to be used on Conclave, or reduce the Hema's cost.

Also DE: Oh you just formed the crap outta that weapon and the Warframes to go with it? Tough, YOINK, go work on something else.

Why I've stopped forma'ing stuff. 

• Like 1

you guys turned a convenient weapon that people actually use into an mr fodder weapon 

• Like 4

Unfortunately I have to agree this was a questionable move on DE's part.  Okay I've been on the fence but this makes me jump over to the other side.  I'm going to take a break from this game for a while

• Like 4

DE Knows how to write something good everytime while let us have fun for some week's and then kicking it out again ... This was coming yea, but the reason why people used this is cause you let them for weeks in the first place ... And that makes me angry every time ... This was known after one week and they could have gave us a notice before hand but they didn't ... 

Please refund my forma on this worthless weapon now... 

• Like 4

Ahh nerframd hits again.  Getting sick and tired of DE nerfing stuff.  If it's fun, it has to be nerfed!@

• Like 2

DE you should add a description to each ability which mods/strats work with it and which do not. Update after update number of special cases grows. 

• Like 4

Basically DE just neft everything not work the way they want it to be, i case of Xoris it not even OP, it just alternative for Naramon in case of statstick, and in case of Exalted Weapon it just buff it up a little bit, and idk Exalted weapon suppose to be better than normal melee right? but even with that buff some Exalted weapon not even near power level of sOme melee weapon, but DE think Exalted WEApon already OP and it doesnt need any more buff, and IDK for sOmEone who really PLaY the game they will know what an Infinity combo duration weapon can do, and where Exalted Weapon be in-game right now

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

I disagree. The Xoris gives players who want to play the exalted weapons more choice. I main Wukong, and until the Xoris showed up, I see no point to use the Iron Staff, unless I use Naramon's Power Spike, and a high dispo melee. The Xoris gives me freedom to use Zenurik, or Vazarin, or Unairu, or Madurai, but frankly, it's just Zenurik because the rest of the schools is useless. Or only needed in Ediolon hunts which I don't do much, at all.

This was our oversight, our mistake, and we apologize for the time it took to formulate a plan and address this

Firstly, apologies accepted. Secondly, calling it an "oversight" indicates that you have abyssmal understanding of your game mechanics. A game that's 7 years old. You guys had SEVEN years at this.  It also indicates DE lacks foresight and flawed priorities. New contents that's not looked at and tested thoroughly while not fixing bugs (aka Wukong bugged in riding Ropalolyst). Do better.

we are doing this because restricting your choice to a single weapon for indisputable best performance invalidates all others

This nerf will basically reverts us back to only using Naramon with player-base meta of melee weapon choice for warframe exalted weapons. Ergo, this point is moot.

Giving enemies in Steel Path the "EXTREME BULLET SPONGE" abilitiy thus rendering most Primary and Secondary weapons useless and essentially forcing players to revert to slash melee seemed non-restrictive but not when the Xoris offered a nice QoL change and diversity is "restrictive". BullS#&$. It's another many knee jerk reactions like the Limbo nerf when that S#&$show of Scarlet Spear dropped.

Or that time when you nerfed Imperator/Imperatr Vandal to no longer be hitscan. That hurt.

If DE is still going ahead with this unwarranted and unnecessary nerf, here's some suggestion you can include:

1. Rework the entire focus school to be more relevant and useable to current playstyle and content.

2. Boost every warframe exalted weapon abilities. Not just the ones you nerfed with the Xoris interaction. It's an ability, that uses energy, and it's WEAK. Buff their damage, or give them long combo duration if not an infinite duration. Do something to fix these weakened warframe abilities, they're pathetic.

Edited by KelkSwiftlan
  • Like 11

hace 9 horas, -SicMundusCreatusEst- dijo:

Because they are pointless in a ove game maybe? Just saying.

Why pointless? I dont like being able to just one-shot everything that moves. At least a minimum of challenge is needed

Posted (edited)

Why the hell would they do this?

I understand wanting to nerf this, but why would you make it a worse stat stick than literally every other weapon in the game? I really don't get why you'd do this, you could have atleast made it only remove a % or set number of combo count instead of the entire combo count altogether. 

Not only are you basically making the xoris another mr fodder weapon, but this was the only thing that made exalteds like wukong's staff actually usable in high level content. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Maybe one day DE will learn knee-jerk reactions hurt everyone, including themselves. Even worse, this entire ordeal and post just proves how much DE doesn't play their own game, or really understand how it works in the first place.

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

As stated above, we are doing this because restricting your choice to a single weapon for indisputable best performance invalidates all others and such an interaction does not warrant changes to base Warframes as a whole.

*wheezes in various high dispo melee rivens empowering the hell out of whipclaw and landslide*

Edit: What i try to deliver here is that Atlas and Khora was never fixed to Xoris as long as u have other high damage + elem rivens (or crit for Khora), Gara as well. Those 3 has never reached the Xoris-only tier of stat stick. Perhaps instead of selling the Deadlock quest to newer player why not raise the Xoris MR lock higher to ACTUALLY REFLECT its great performance just like how DE's planned MR locks scaling that also serves as tier list (0-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15). Xoris only offered more options as the weapon itself isnt really fitting everyone's weapon preference and once people can solve combo counter without it, Xoris is unnecessary.

And just fix gladiator set to scale with and for the xoris itself, simply deactivate the effect and set new combo counter for exalted weapons (not pseudo-exalted ones like those 3 mentioned earlier).

Edited by Xsoskeleton

Posted (edited)

So exalted blade can't kill ediolon hydrolyst at least ? and exalted blade still weaker as melee  than Lanka , sniper rifle bows? Waves of energy wind slashes    Says excalibur master  gun and blade ._ lies i see,,excalibur passive details Don't even show weapon stats changes wen 0 mods equiped same as steel charge?    Tbh im not even sure that exalted blade is increasing its stats  when i equip and unequip tekko etc.Sephan darksplitsword when exalted blade wiki explained that exalted blade increase with your normal melee equip  oh k if so whats the stats that go up or change tbh or its removed?      Excalibur passive details need to say any melee  not just swords plus 200 percent attack speed and strength and swords etc. Guns Any melee and gives team  buff 200 percent strength and melee damage etc. Guns, and passes around per person within 25m when exalted blade cast ,  because exalted blade IS SURE limited critical IS 2X ?    I  just use excalibur as my idol since i was 17 as my melee main melee focused person this new support passive will fix ecaliburs bullies thanks 100 percent cool too just an idea better than 10 percent, and excalibur gets bullied by main high sniper damage person  volt in black and red colors calling my friendly squad mate we was weak, and volt prime i seen he just killed ediolon hydrolyst with Redeemer only. I had Lanka 3 shot do 3000x3 or x4 on red crit. Ibeen Looking for more damage to excalibur weapon stats plus exalted blade, but things just need support passive because its not fair ecalibur passive isn't sharing able._

Edited by (PS4)Tsavoid
Limited explained

8 hours ago, Neuroszima said:

Our way meaning OP BS all the way, their way meaning nerf and content full of bullet sponges that we have no clear way of dealing with.

Sounds like a conflict between a false friend and open enemy

Our way meaning efficiency. the "OP BS" that you'd love to declare is the side effect of people finding the best ways to "make big numboors and kill quwicker" and then them sharing what they found. You describing their way is pretty much as it is, despite how you'd like to say otherwise.

As for that conflict between false friend and open enemy, well that's pretty much what I can describe the Warframe playerbase and the devs in both of them. Everyone always declaring that the game is perfect, and anyone who says even one critical thing is to be treated like an outcast outright all the while honeying their words by saying "all are welcome." And then the Devs saying they're listening and yet the historical records have shown a declining pattern indicating otherwise.

And that's not a "me" problem.

• Like 3