Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

5 hours ago, reaper10678 said:

-(i could be wrong not sure) i usually get higher damage from excal because of crit/status with Condition overload and stealth from radial blind. You can also hit with both the waves and the sword itself for even more damage. Baruuk also uses the restraint meter instead of energy and that is extremely inconvenient. 

-the augment is not better in all cases as it takes away the ability to consistently proc what you want to proc. It is adaptive, that sounds better and it can be, but in practice it is also kind of a side grade to excals. 

-i have no idea on that one

-aiming with excal is not hard at the range were it is possible to hit with baruuk. 

-ok cool that isn't a valid argument

1) Blind costs 50 energy per cast and has 1sec. animation, you won't be able to spam it on every group of enemies. And even then, show me your excal doing something like this from an (almost) cold start, and we'll talk. They died from max range in one combo. Excal won't be able to catch them all at once with his small waves without outside help.

2) I thought this way too once, but there'd come a time when you'd understand that replacing impact with a better element based on enemy and having 3 different status procs for CO instead of two is better than just having more control over two procs.

4) Baruuk's waves are way, way better and there's no denying that.

This is a garbage solution, more complicated not standard and non-intuitive change. You changed a meta and you don't want to own up to it. I hope you plan to refund people for their catalysts and forma, after hot"fixing" this like a bolt of lightning. My only question now is how long will I let it take up a slot in my inventory before I stop hoping you learn from this mistake your about to make. You guys are creating a precedent here; functionality isn't just subject to change, its expected. IE* "don't get too excited with the new stuff or spend too much money, the rug will get pulled sooner or later."

PS: I like the weapon but I never invested in it.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Great another punch in the face of warframe players 🤣 do you guys even play youre own game? Always the same New stuff comes out just to be nerfed to the ground in a couple of days why dont you just take the xoris out the game then we dont need that conversation

3 hours ago, Maniac523 said:

That's not true. Bladestorm will gain damage as the attacks add to the combo count, and if you use a heavy attack in the middle of the clones attacking, any attacks after the combo count is reset will have lower damage. I have proof below.

Watch this and pay attention to the damage numbers. Each enemy is only marked once, and the only enemy that survives is the first one to be attacked since they took less damage due to the combo counter being at 0.

Now watch this to see the opposite effect. The only enemies that survive are the enemies that were attacked after the combo count was drained.

If bladestorm's damage was determined on cast, then all enemies would survive in the first test, and all enemies would die in the second test.

Strange, last time i've tested it dropping the combo with a 0% efficiency heavy attack during bladestorm wasn't reseting the damage, same with fury-like effects.

3 minutes ago, MuSingTian said:

So, a new weapon was so good that it was nerf in less than a month.Why haven't melee Exalted weapons been buff for more than half a year?

DE Developers says that will be too much work to buff weak weapons, they rather nerf every strong weapon instead. 

Which means, they are super lazy, nothing else.

1 hour ago, KelkSwiftlan said:

I disagree. The Xoris gives players who want to play the exalted weapons more choice. I main Wukong, and until the Xoris showed up, I see no point to use the Iron Staff, unless I use Naramon's Power Spike, and a high dispo melee. The Xoris gives me freedom to use Zenurik, or Vazarin, or Unairu, or Madurai, but frankly, it's just Zenurik because the rest of the schools is useless. Or only needed in Ediolon hunts which I don't do much, at all.

Firstly, apologies accepted. Secondly, calling it an "oversight" indicates that you have abyssmal understanding of your game mechanics. A game that's 7 years old. You guys had SEVEN years at this.  It also indicates DE lacks foresight and flawed priorities. New contents that's not looked at and tested thoroughly while not fixing bugs (aka Wukong bugged in riding Ropalolyst). Do better.

This nerf will basically reverts us back to only using Naramon with player-base meta of melee weapon choice for warframe exalted weapons. Ergo, this point is moot.

Giving enemies in Steel Path the "EXTREME BULLET SPONGE" abilitiy thus rendering most Primary and Secondary weapons useless and essentially forcing players to revert to slash melee seemed non-restrictive but not when the Xoris offered a nice QoL change and diversity is "restrictive". BullS#&$. It's another many knee jerk reactions like the Limbo nerf when that S#&$show of Scarlet Spear dropped.

Or that time when you nerfed Imperator/Imperatr Vandal to no longer be hitscan. That hurt.

If DE is still going ahead with this unwarranted and unnecessary nerf, here's some suggestion you can include:

1. Rework the entire focus school to be more relevant and useable to current playstyle and content.

2. Boost every warframe exalted weapon abilities. Not just the ones you nerfed with the Xoris interaction. It's an ability, that uses energy, and it's WEAK. Buff their damage, or give them long combo duration if not an infinite duration. Do something to fix these weakened warframe abilities, they're pathetic.

DE:Oh god iron staff is killing level 50 enemies!? That’s overwhelming DaMagE!!

10 minutes ago, Maniac523 said:

The difference is Bladestorm can make use of Rising Storm, and if you put combo count chance and fury on your melee then Bladestorm has the potential to max out the combo counter in less than 5 seconds.

Rising storm is a waste of slot when you can just use redeemer with combo chance IMO.

If was fun, DE hates fun... is nerfed, is the law...

One day we players will go and never comeback, why? any minimally interesting interaction is prohibited, instead of expanding possibilities, more and more any possibility is suppressed.

Rebecca is a great profissional and a loot of times she carrie the good omens of the community, but no even she can hold this crap decisions forever...

Fun for DE is all about shooting a boss for 10 minutes with a immortal frame and watching your warframe fall to the ground 20 times per minute.

Look, the mecha set is pretty broken, you kill 1 enemy only and all the nearby enemies die, no matter the level, how about nerfing it too...

Ark Triton with Protea also seems to do a lot of damage and worse, people are having fun with it, I think I should nerf

Do you know Saryn? wow how about nerfing her too? You know Rhino ... ahhh Rhino you guys don't change, right? the golden boy of DE...

by the way, I don’t even use Xoris, but I found the interassion interesting, so I know that any future interassion that is interesting will die, and that frustrates me a lot. Congrats!

13 hours ago, Frost_King said:

yeah, it was fun, interesting and great to play around with.  Kinda wish I hadn't wasted all that forma on the Xoris now. 

It's still the second best glaive after glaive prime overall (not counting the condition overload Orvius gimmick), and it's got the corpus aesthetics (unlike the Falcor which only has looks going for it).

4 hours ago, SeikanEkasin said:

Or you can just buy the power- Can we just get rivens removed from the game? Or imporved like I dont give a S#&$ that people sell them for 5k plat- they are a blight in warframe and need to be reworked or removed.

I'm not advocating one way or the other. I don't use Rivens all that much if at all. Regardless of how one feels about the system stating logical reasoning in explaining obvious design choices is a scholarly discussion not a revolutionary one. So cool your heels and calm your language, also you misspelled improved.

If you want to push your anti Riven agenda go start your own threads in the Feedback section instead of hiding in other people's shadows for cover its poor taste.

I used Naramon with a weapon I had a riven for with Khora before Deadlock launched and I continued to do so after getting the Xoris. As I didn't have a riven for it, wouldn't have to to spend catalyst/forma, and I don't particularly like the Glaive animation set for when you have to actually melee this was a no brainer. You don't have to go very far into Naramon to get the combo counter bonus and Whipclaw massively overkills almost anything even if you drop down a few multipliers during a longer lull. So... sky is not falling...

24 minutes ago, Jordgubbe said:

I used Naramon with a weapon I had a riven for with Khora before Deadlock launched and I continued to do so after getting the Xoris. As I didn't have a riven for it, wouldn't have to to spend catalyst/forma, and I don't particularly like the Glaive animation set for when you have to actually melee this was a no brainer. You don't have to go very far into Naramon to get the combo counter bonus and Whipclaw massively overkills almost anything even if you drop down a few multipliers during a longer lull. So... sky is not falling...

This ^ guy gets it!

And its funny that now all the easygoers cry that their redcrit "insert frame/skill" will be gone FOREVER 😱

Oh the horrors 😂

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

It's our mistake that the infinite combo resulted in these scenarios, and I understand why there is frustration around it. As said above, we didn't want to make an overwhelming nerf to Warframe abilities/Exalted weapons across the board, so we decided to only change the interaction with Xoris directly. 

I'd say get rid of stat-sticking and rebalance the abilities instead.

13 minutes ago, Amadurim said:

Why nerf something that only affect some frames?

Did you even read the original post? The interaction of this something with some frames was nerfed, not the something itself.

Archived