Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

Instead of doing this S#&$, why not buff/fix #*!%ing exalted weapons. Like dude it's been month since melee "3.0"  dropped, and exalted weapons are still worse than REGUALR MELEE WEAPONS. Why can't exalted weapons equip BR or WW? Why the do you keep nerfing cool S#&$ and killing your player base? Why should i grind for new weapons, if they are gonna get nerfed? Why?

Idk if you've been checking steam charts, but player average is at 35.000, like wtf? are we back to 2015 or something? is it because DE has been up to no good and making shady moves? Idk, who cares. Stop nerfing fun stuf and calling it "fixing".

What about not changing anything and actually wait to see how the meta evolve instead of imposing a stupid nerf based on presumptions and unfounded assumptions ? I mean : who can actually predict that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will only use this weapon with theses frames ?

As some people's already said, there is already a lot of other choices for stats sticks, and some who can bring way more damages. The only advantage the Xoris bring is to not having to care of the combo counter. That's all. This is merely quality of life improvement. These frames are doing the same amount of damages than with any other weapons who built their combo counter.

4 minutes ago, SeikanEkasin said:

I am not Anti Riven I am Pro- Warframe not being dogS#&$- if that is too rough for you, well all I can tell you sit and spin.

Clearly you are unable to arrange your thoughts in a constructive manner. Hence why you are sitting and spinning expeletives in every direction. 

If the game is bad to the point you're enraged over it I really have to ask why are you here? Regardless of the answer your actions and commentary using my comment to an entirely different person as a spring board for your diatribe is in poor taste.

In the future I ask that you make your own independent comments if you choose to quote me while using expletives. 

Just now, Magus_Tahir said:

Clearly you are unable to arrange your thoughts in a constructive manner. Hence why you are sitting and spinning expeletives in every direction. 

If the game is bad to the point you're enraged over it I really have to ask why are you here? Regardless of the answer your actions and commentary using my comment to an entirely different person as a spring board for your diatribe is in poor taste.

In the future I ask that you make your own independent comments if you choose to quote me while using expletives. 

I never said any of that why are shoveling words down my throat? I said I want them to fix the root of the problem in my own matter- which just so happens to be filled with Expletives- so #*!%ing what? Is this a christian mine-craft server?
Or are you mad that I am attacking your glorified slot machine? Because let me tell you, your blind if you think that the Rivens aren't a bigger problem then the Xoris they have been for a while- people spend hundreds of dollars to buy them from other people who have wasted hours of there time doing nothing but rolling a glorified slot machine- just so there number can "go up" as Khora or any of these warframes they are "Fixing"
Also I am offended by your lack of cursing please don't quote me unless you curse at me. 
Also also, it would a made far more sense if you said spitting instead of sitting you cant just copy me to try and be a cool kid "Sitting and spitting out expletives in every direction" woulda been much better.

The only "best" aspect is just that the combo is infinite. You do realize the "best" would still be using Jaw Sword/Mire/other stat sticks that can ramp up higher DPS, right?

This one is just easier to use to maintain the buffs, it's not the best if you want to maximize DPS.

Stop with the knee jerk "Oh no! Nerf immediately!" responses. If people are happy then give us MORE of it rather than constantly take it away.

Am i gonna get my Forma back i invested? Probably not!

Why DE do you do this S#&$ everytime....every F***ing time. Instead of taking the likeing of the mechanic of the Xoris and applying it to warframe abilities like Whipclash or Landslide so that those abilities can just by nature maintain their combo counter you nerf. Not that Warframes like ASH s*** A** enough. You remove every chance they get to be fun again.

Even if you would change ALL melee weapons to have NO TIME RESTRAINT it would NOT be OP. Because the consumption of combo counter on heavy attacks would actually make it worth it.

But why bother even replying to these threads...

@[DE]Pablo Could you please remove the time reversal on "no kill" with Protea? Whats the point of using her 4 if i get thrown to the beginning of the mission (exterminate for example). Isn't the ability supposed to be a safety hook?

If you make the Xoris not work with exalted abilities, then you also need to "fix" Rivens affecting them. You know, the thing that has been working for years even though it shouldn't according to your own statements. Or remove combo decay over time altogether so we're not forced to use Drifting Contact on every melee build that profits from maintaining the combo counter if we don't want to be limited to using Naramon Focus.

No offense DE, but its very clear you don't play the game yourself. The xoris was never the problem, what the xoris did was make using said abilities less annoying. with the xoris nerfed people will just go back to nuking everything with saryn instead of using other frames. but I guess verity isnt what you want or is it because isnt that why you're nerfing it. Brozime made an amazing video about the topic and I recommend you actually watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SlKS9RtIJk

12 minutes ago, SeikanEkasin said:

I never said any of that why are shoveling words down my throat? I said I want them to fix the root of the problem in my own matter- which just so happens to be filled with Expletives- so #*!%ing what? Is this a christian mine-craft server?
Or are you mad that I am attacking your glorified slot machine? Because let me tell you, your blind if you think that the Rivens aren't a bigger problem then the Xoris they have been for a while- people spend hundreds of dollars to buy them from other people who have wasted hours of there time doing nothing but rolling a glorified slot machine- just so there number can "go up" as Khora or any of these warframes they are "Fixing"
Also I am offended by your lack of cursing please don't quote me unless you curse at me. 
Also also, it would a made far more sense if you said spitting instead of sitting you cant just copy me to try and be a cool kid "Sitting and spitting out expletives in every direction" woulda been much better.

serious fox tv GIF by Gotham

Back in the day the devs always favors and prioritizes the players fun factor that is why they added alot of things like the parkour 2.0 and even some silly things like the zenistar and chroma delux skin bug. Nowadays de has made alot decisions some are good but others may have caused a little itch in terms of life quality convenience. Alot of things has changed throughout the years and we stick with them with all of their decisions because we love their game all of their hardwork we appreciate everything that they did. But somethings such as this nerf is a little bit unnecesary. They will take away everything that makes the xoris special and turn it into a weapon that we will only use for farming protea and after were done using it we will just leave it and never even dare touch it again. Sometimes its just nice to have a variety of weapons to use. Korra and baruk are the reason why they want to kill this weapon but why? Isnt it nice to have 1 weapon to give us a little bit of convenience? Because there are other ways to make baruk and korra to have those same damage outputs, but isnt it better to have another way for others to enjoy those same results and for more players to have a reason to use xoris on their main loadout? Anyway its not a big deal but its just me trying to voice out my opinion on this matter. Whatever their decision is up to them but i just want to say what i felt about this. Thank you.

The Xoris is a lot weaker than a Rivened stat stick ( In Khora's case we're talking MILLIONS of damage difference ) and is really just a fun option for someone like me that likes to avoid using rivens. 

I don't see how the Xoris is restrictive in player choice but forcing you to use a Jaw Sword with a 3k plat riven and Naramon on your operator isn't

DE, it's time for rant again
The reason why people use the Xoris is because it's convenient. And with the current riven system (which doesn't inherently intended to work on exalted weapons), Xoris can be the best to save slots for other more overpowered mods that don't get used much often other than those regular mods (i.e. Weeping Wounds). It's entirely annoying to spam exalted weapons or even Khora's 1 to stack combo which doesn't work with additional combo count chance available by the mod Quickening, not to mention players need an insane amount of energy regen and/or other energy buffs to do so (yes, 1 reason why people always choose Zenurik, and why people value Energize that high). To nerf this weapon is to make it completely trash, since its riven disposition is already in the gutter, and with the infinite combo duration and throwing interaction when DUAL WIELDING (it doesn't count as a heavy attack meaning you can stack the combo to 12x then throw for how long you will ever want) makes it so that the Xoris will NEVER be buffed under ANY circumstances, it's bad. Soon the Xoris will be forgotten, all problems regarding stat sticks, energy, focus, anything in between or in relationship with it will be forgotten, and people will still use those feeble exalted weapons to kill 175- enemies because DE doesn't allow the fluidity in item and mod combinations like they used to.
I don't like this change at all. Brozime already made a video. He's a popular content creator, and a Warframe partner as well. His sayings should impact something and it's the same as mine. Perhaps mine will never be listened, but please take his into consideration.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Magus_Tahir said:

serious fox tv GIF by Gotham

Ah Yes giffs the classic response- We're done here then.

In future do not put words into people you don't know mouths- I never said I hated Warframe far from the truth I care about it a bit too much after investing money and time into it- But this has spun into meaningless talk so have a good day.

22 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Mesa being OP for 5+ years - "It's fine". Exalted weapons and abilities that scale with melee get a tool that makes them better (especially those which lost power with melee 2.9 and finally got something to boost them) - "That's OP, gotta nerf that S#&$ real quick".

Why should i like such double standards?

Fun fact. They actually did try nerfing her years ago. She came out without the target reticle for the ult. Could clear rooms just by activating the ability basically. How did they think about balancing it? Adding a shrinking target reticle and making it so that she can't just have the screen facing an enemy to kill it. You just have to "aim." Good nerf because it didn't really do anything. If only their "nerfs" could be like what they did to Mesa many years ago. :^)

Stop, stop stop. This was already available through Neramon. The Xoris didn't make the damage higher, it just made something you could already do with focus available without having to grind a specific tree! The same damage will remain available, you just have to pop out and do a regular melee before the combo runs out. That's just annoying.

Archived