Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

It's our mistake that the infinite combo resulted in these scenarios, and I understand why there is frustration around it. As said above, we didn't want to make an overwhelming nerf to Warframe abilities/Exalted weapons across the board, so we decided to only change the interaction with Xoris directly. 

Can we just get the abilities in question to be moddable and maybe while you are at it enable the acolyte mods for exalted weapons.

Restrictive of player choice: Use Xoris for convenience or use a stat stick with high riven dispo and/or syndicate mod for maximum power.

Maximum player choice: use a stat stick with high riven dispo and/or syndicate mod or you're doing it wrong.

Seems about right...

As far as interactions with the exalted weapons/gladiator set goes, who cares? They already mostly underperform compared to decent melee weapons due to a lack of high multipliers/forced procs in their stances and being unable to use blood rush/weeping wounds. Getting 1/2 a bloodrush effect on them due to a weird work around (which the xoris did not create) doesn't change that.

I'm a little confused by this, mostly because the xoris isn't egregiously powerful as a stat stick. Any melee with a high riven disposition is stronger. All this is going to do is push people back to using naramon for a similar benefit to what xoris provided. Xoris was the most convenient option, not the most powerful.

I used it a lot on khora and atlas, again, for convenience more than for power. All this change does is push me back to using my old stat stick and naramon, which doesn't really solve the problem you're describing.

Might be worth thinking this one through again.

Why are you lying about all that you are doing with this nerf? You are killing a weapon for being more convienent while saying that is overpowered.

Lets nerf the weapon that makes life easier with combo duration, but leave weapons like Venka Prime untouched for 2 years. Totally balanced.

Xoris was a quality of life improvement over an alternative option of more damage. That's what you call player choice.

Removing an option with incorrect reasoning only serves to reduce player choice and make it look like you don't know what you are doing.

The only thing xoris did is add some convenience for people that already used the combo meter to boost their warframe abilities, people are just going to go back to using venka prime with relentless combination or their melee that has the best riven in their inventory, which is what i did with a prisma dual cleavers and a riven i had, or even worse they'll stop usnig atlas, they'll stop using khora, excalibur etc at high level, back to mesa, saryn and the like, break off a meta that existed for a while, that players are discovering due to a never ending combo meter, so we can go back to the previous meta instead. I know everyone at DE are big fans for player choice but certain nerfs to good things can remove choice and can make a fun thing to use into a hassle instead and force players back into their old ways

and it feels like this is a reaction to the fact that hard mode is coming out, was the hard mode testing there just to see which thing needed nerfing?

17 hours ago, Keybones said:

Because fixing something is hard, but ruining something is easy.

Oof this man just burned the whole company Truer words have never been spoken before Exactly DE

I'd just like to add one more thing, but this time to the community:

This is what DE is doing with your money. Giving it to causes you may or may not agree, while nerfing the things you put your time, effort and even money towards

Think about that next time you wipe out your credit card. There's a lot of really, really good games out there that won't do this to you, just saying.

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

TLDR: Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used.

We’ll be continuing to observe how the Xoris interacts with the above when The Steel Path Update arrives in your hands, and our apologies again for the wait. 

Thank you!

TLDR: Okay then, I want the (time and) forma (and platinum) and everything I invested into the xoris back, because this is a non-existent issue that you - DE - want to fix.

I feel like novadays the game just taking away from the players intead of giving.
(Giving but immediately taking it back after investment hurts my will to spend my time with this game.
The xoris has been out for 3 weeks.
How do you expect players to have constant enthusiasm towards your product when you are the one ruining it?)

Offside of the topic: uniforming every items in the game will make new items unappealing for the playerbase. What is the point of farming another bad/clunky eg.: melee weapon if its not fun nor convenient to use?

Thank you!

Imagine nerfing things that are popular, but then notice your playercount bleeding. And that popular thing isnt even the meta is the sad part. But DE doesnt understand their own game, so they dont know that.

Plus, ignoring rivens because that scams all the players who invest in rivens. So essentially, you are just scamming your own playerbase plus either being incompetent or downright lying to them.

The fact that they put Megan to post the news instead of the person responsible for the decision (Megan manages the community, they chose her to be the scapegoat), it was probably Pablo or maybe Scott who decided that, already says a lot.

If they followed the community they would know that there are lawyers on the forums.

When the post has potential for positive repercussions, the person in charge of the DE does not hesitate to post, this is a fact, when they know it will be negative, Megan/Rebecca is generally resorted to burn their credibility to shield the company.

Lots of heat around the xoris change. Going to be a tumultuous period in Warframe when Hard mode comes out. Feels like DE is going inadvertently start to play whack a mole with the nerf hammer against the community

Clunky nerf....That kind of build wen't from "Use Xoris for a good result" to "Do NOT use Xoris or you will get diminishing results"
So much for "restricting player's choice", especially right before Steel Path (and the bulletsponges) is released...
You could've just capped the max combo multiplier of the Xoris to 8x, to keep the QoL but reduce the damage output, while still keeping other statsticks viable

Archived