Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

You can run naramon on any melee weapon to get the the combo multiplier buff. Exalted abilities are affected by combo count on all melee weapons not just the Xoris. The only good thing about this weapon was that I didn't need to run naramon because of the infinite combo duration for my Khora & Atlas builds.

It's funny how DE are going on about it being the most powerful thing ever and the Xoris is the cause of it. NO. For months people had been using normal weapons and naramon.

You can do the same thing with every melee weapon with identical overwhelming power. The Xoris made it easier to setup & made it so you didn't need a riven. Better buy lots of plat or grind for weeks in the hope of getting a good riven to run this setup.     

DE: Not working as intended, time to nerfhammer Xoris into the bedrock

Oh, so no more fun allowed with Atlas and Khora, got it. That's one potato, five forma and +1 hour of grinding XP wasted.

Thanks, I hate it.

Maybe give these pseudo-Exalted abilities a buff and their own mod space so we don't have to rely on statsticks with rivens and augments to get decent performance out of them? They have to compete with weapons, particularly melees, and unlike abilities, those don't drain energy.

Hell, while you're at it you could give Exalted Weapons a look over, the whole point of them is to outperform normal weapons isn't it? Otherwise why the heck should we bother? Garuda's talons also need some love.

1 minute ago, Nasheim said:

Hell, while you're at it you could give Exalted Weapons a look over, the whole point of them is to outperform normal weapons isn't it? Otherwise why the heck should we bother? Garuda's talons also need some love.

how about rivens for the exalted weapons?

A great option for us not to use Xoris would be to give us missions with decent enemy spawn rate, then we wouldn't have to run around trying to find enemies to keep our combo up. I can't count the number of times I've had combo fall off in Survival because I can't find an enemy to hit .

9 hours ago, (XB1)Quik8201 said:

That's the thing.. Why nerf for overwhelming damage when there are several other, more effective avenues for overwhelming damage that won't be touched? Oh yeah, because rivens = $$$. By the way, I've used the Xoris "as a weapon" and there are tons of other weapons more effective and less clunky. The issue here isn't balance, it's just a premature response to a lot of hype. People love the weapon as a stat stick. People love the stat stick mechanic. Why try to fix something that isn't broken?

Don't bother with this guy, he argues like he's a paid shill for DE.

Very simple suggestion to nerf the Xoris, while still allowing this synergy to work:Reduce the max combo multiplier of the Xoris to 8x (placeholder number)

You still get the synergy,so players are happy, but you "cap" the damage output of the warframes that are "too powerful" with this particular synergy(even though there are stasticks that are 100% better than the Xoris but whatever).As such, you get the benefit of the "infinite combo counter", but at a price: maximum damage output.
Xoris=> Low risk low reward 
Any ohter stastick =>More risk (of loosing the combo counter), more reward

6 hours ago, Krelian05 said:

So pls reconsider and fix the bugs that are more game breaking.

Because "unintentional" "oversight" and "overwhelming" damage is apparently far more dangerous and game-breaking than actual bugs that's been ingame for YEARS. Lke oh I don't know....

1. Vauban's Tesla Nervos UI not showing properly the number of rollers/balls.

2. Wukong stuck in animation while attempting to ride the Ropalolyst.

3. Unairu Wisp not spawning or spawning not in front of the Operator.

4. Doors refusing to open despite using Unstuck command, or going into Operator and back.

5. Wukong unable to cast anything else or use a melee or change weapons when pressing 1 to activate Celestial Clone but didn't trigger Celestial Clone forcing players to either die or fall off a map or into a pool.

6. Unable to skip the loading screen cinematics.

7. Oberon's Renewal not applying to Kavor defectors causing players to deactivate Renewal and then recasting it in order to apply the effects.

8. Vengeful Trickster Ephemera not clipping properly when applied to archwings and loading into missions.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Angryspy101 said:

"When the argument is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser".

if ur offended by what i said, ur new to the internet apparently, but have fun then, but if u have a hard time understanding what i said, in other words, im not going to argue about this...it's a waste of my time, if u stand with what you said, i disagree, and no matter how i argue against it, i feel u need to reply to me, it feels like u need to have the last word, so yeah have fun, echo chamber ftw.

So heard on Prime Time

• Xoris change is still going forward anyways.
  • They'll be looking at other things that build the same way later on.
    • Khora: *chuckles* I'm in danger!

Really DE????? Like are you Really gonna kill frames (gara, atlas, khora) because of your damn stubborness ????  Without stat sticks those frames Will be unplayable. . 

You even said in the first post that you arent gonna nerf anything else ? ??

Our plan is not to nerf the base powers of the Warframes involved, or the Mods that amplify the issue (Blood Rush / Weeping Wounds / Gladiator Mod Set), as doing so isn’t fair as it’s a reaction to a single weapon. In turn, we have planned to only change the interactions with the Xoris directly. 

You are certainly good liars it seems

These interactions have been in the game since i started played the game  (950 days ago) and now you are trying to remove them ? It is chroma all over again. . ESO nerfing all the nuke frames again. ..im pretty sure you are using Steel path to nerf everything into the ground again and it sure does look like it with the highlighted comment

Reasoning for this change is completely factually inaccurate as Brozime and others have pointed out. the duration of combo has 0 effect on the damage an ability deals.

Having also seen the brief comment on primetime about it basicaly boil down to 'we are gonnna nerf it anyway and not mention that rivens do/did this exact same thing for months and months' ... thats not a good look.

saying 'we will fix the other interactions later' is such a cop out, raids were removed temporairly HOW long ago? if theres any intention of fixing the riven interaction for stat sticks then tell us, tell us the plan, ideas and more importantly the timeframe, because this looks 1000% like you are just nerfing the popular acessable (read: free) option for this build and leaving those that are attached to ludicriously expensive rivens in the game.

Very poorly played DE.

1 hour ago, MunsuLight said:

So heard on Prime Time

• Xoris change is still going forward anyways.
  • They'll be looking at other things that build the same way later on.
    • Khora: *chuckles* I'm in danger!

Really DE????? Like are you Really gonna kill frames (gara, atlas, khora) because of your damn stubborness ????  Without stat sticks those frames Will be unplayable. . 

You even said in the first post that you arent gonna nerf anything else ? ??

Our plan is not to nerf the base powers of the Warframes involved, or the Mods that amplify the issue (Blood Rush / Weeping Wounds / Gladiator Mod Set), as doing so isn’t fair as it’s a reaction to a single weapon. In turn, we have planned to only change the interactions with the Xoris directly. 

You are certainly good liars it seems

These interactions have been in the game since i started played the game  (950 days ago) and now you are trying to remove them ? It is chroma all over again. . ESO nerfing all the nuke frames again. ..im pretty sure you are using Steel path to nerf everything into the ground again and it sure does look like it with the highlighted comment

Now that's just sad

This "The Xoris’ infinite Melee Combo Duration directly amplifies the Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities" is just completely wrong. The xoris actually gave less power than other options as it had a lower riven disposition. The only reason why people used the xoris was because of the QoL it offered with its infinite combo duration and not having to be forced to naramon which more or less does the EXACT same thing but ever, EVER so slightly worse. There are stat sticks that do a BETTER job than the xoris, which have been in the game for MONTHS, and you only decide to nerf the xoris because everyone is trying it out due to the QoL if offers not because of its power. If I wanted the most powerful stat stick I WOULD NOT use the the xoris, due to its lower dispo. So you saying that you are nerfing it because it "amplifies the Damage output" is just completely false and makes no sense whatsoever. And since your reasoning for nerfing it makes no actual sense whatsoever there is no reason to nerf it. If you want to make stat sticks more varied in what people use then remove rivens from affecting statsticks, then people will have loads of options to use.

So, why make an infinite combo duration melee and not expect it to affect all the melee combo dependent frames?

Anyway, Xoris wasn't even the best option for frames that scale off combo duration, it was just good quality of life for having to build some combo again every odd short time away. Maybe turn this infinite duration into a primed mod, instead, to force a slot sacrifice.

Eyeballing nerfs for the actually good mods that make enemies die in a reasonable timeframe also isn't the way to go about things. The Gladiator set allows exalted weapons to just get a taste of Blood Rush to just barely keep up with regular melee weapons. Really wanting time and forma back now.

How about turning the team's focus to making choreographed and smarter enemies to challenge us, instead of nerfing half-decent damage options?

Great guys, continue fixing cheese, we have tons of cheese for steel path.

i hate it to throw away forma weapons but you should start thinking about what you are doing before getting this on live servers.

41 Pages of hate because you dont care about actual bugs is a lot different than the community experience 2 years ago.

But maybe you should stop developing new bugs/cheese and fix the gamebreaking bugs that you ignore for months/years now.

PS: maybe it would help if some of you would really playing the game and not derping on a livestream while giggling how cool their frames look.

Archived