Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

Long time lurker, but never post. Never really saw the point, tbh, they ignore most of whats on the forums. That being said, I feel the need this time. To add my voice to the chorus of "this is scummy and I feel straight swindled."

You released a weapon I saw the interactions for immediately. You let it stay that way for weeks, silently. You allowed your playerbase to believe that you were going to let them have a fun toy for once. Me, and many others included, got and invested in this weapon specifically for this interaction.

And I broke my rule. I spent money on a weapon that's not been out for two months. And boy howdy, was I burned. 5 Forma and a new Glave Skin. Don't worry, I won't make this mistake again. I'm not spending another dime. You've proven you have no respect for your customers.

On 2020-07-01 at 8:55 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

Within The Deadlock Protocol Quest brought the Xoris: a Glaive weapon capable of chaining Melee Combos infinitely. The design intention behind the infinite combo mechanic was predominantly added for the Granum Void’s charged throw moments, to allow you to retain your charges until you were ready. This mechanic opened up new avenues for Melee builds to maximize this infinite Melee Combo Duration, which is great! 

However, the overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice. This was our oversight, our mistake, and we apologize for the time it took to formulate a plan and address this. So let’s break down our plans:

Our plan is not to nerf the base powers of the Warframes involved, or the Mods that amplify the issue (Blood Rush / Weeping Wounds / Gladiator Mod Set), as doing so isn’t fair as it’s a reaction to a single weapon. In turn, we have planned to only change the interactions with the Xoris directly. 

The first issue: The Xoris’ infinite Melee Combo Duration directly amplifies the Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities that won't reset/decay unless you detonate the Xoris manually using heavy attack, or if you die. Thus scaling with Warframe Abilities that are amplified by your Melee Combo multiplier (Ash Blade Storm, Atlas Landslide, and Khora Whipclaw), and even more so when equipped with Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds.

The second issue: The interaction with the Xoris and Gladiator Mod Set for Warframe Exalted weapons. The Gladiator Mod Set bonus is being carried over from the equipped Melee to the Exalted Warframe weapons such as Baruuk’s Serene Storm, Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, Valkyr’s Talons and Wukong’s Iron Staff.

The solution: The change coming with The Steel Path Update is to have the affected Warframe Exalted Abilities / Exalted weapons reset the Melee Combo Counter ONLY if the Xoris is being used. What you’ll see now is the Critical Chance bonus applying to the first hit on abilities that are intended to scale with regular Melee Combo Multiplier, but then the Melee Combo is reset by the Ability, and does not apply to subsequent hits unless you build it up again with Xoris itself. Exalted Melee ultimates will reset the Xoris' Melee Combo Counter at the time of cast. As stated above, we are doing this because restricting your choice to a single weapon for indisputable best performance invalidates all others and such an interaction does not warrant changes to base Warframes as a whole. 

In conclusion, Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:

• Ash Bladestorm
  • Atlas Landslide
  • Baruuk Serene Storm
  • Excalibur Exalted Blade
  • Khora Whipclaw
  • Valkyr Talons
  • Wukong Iron Staff

Special note: Gara’s Shattered Lash will now scale with Melee Combo Counter, to be consistent with Khora Whipclaw and Atlas Landslide. The same Xoris restriction will still apply.

TLDR: Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used.

We’ll be continuing to observe how the Xoris interacts with the above when The Steel Path Update arrives in your hands, and our apologies again for the wait. 

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SlKS9RtIJk 
[DE] Megan , please watch this and understand why this nerf is not needed in any way , and it's nothing but wreck a weapon that is not that powerful to start with.

1 hour ago, Satellation said:

this is really rich coming from a developer that doesn't seem to play their game. Stat stick builds have been out for months, but because I have to spend platinum/kuva for a good riven it's ok? lol

You brought up a good point in the second half, but in the first half you literally invalidated your entire argument with your tired old insult that literally doesn't even work. Congrats, you played yourself, and everyone else trying to ask for the removal of Rivens in the Melee/Ability synergies.

5 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

You brought up a good point in the second half, but in the first half you literally invalided your entire argument with your tired old insult that literally doesn't even work. Congrats, you played yourself, and everyone else trying to ask for the removal of Rivens in the Melee/Ability synergies.

invalidated*, but thanks for your input

16 часов назад, DemoniacDragon сказал:

You think the Xoris interaction is "OP". OOOH BOY let me introduce you to RIVEN stat sticks my friend.

The Xoris should be left untouched. If the problem is the "OP interaction of the weapon with the warframe ability" Xoris is NOT the source of it. Doing it to only 1 weapon wille simply ignoring ALL the other Riven based stat sticks, that almost make you one shot +170 heavy enemies is NOT the way to fix this problem. Their attention should not be focused on the Xoris.

Kind of true. Some Exalted weapons are not even as powerfull, as sertain RIven-enhanced slashticks are.

Nerfing 1 melee weapon doesn't make the game more enjoyable. We need better game modes rather than nerfing weapons. Keeping the passives on Xoris to synergize with Warframes create avenues on using other Warframes. Also, please provide us better mechanics for Xoris on doing the explosion mode. It is very clunky and I can't enjoy going to the Corpus Void if a tool sucks like hell for a nice side mission. These nerfs are killing potential for creating new synergies = less reasons to play the game 🤦

i think i speak for many when i say... just let them be separately moddable, so we don't have to specifically run a stat stick, i do personally think stat sticks are unhealthy design for frames and should've been changed when DE made exalts separately moddable

never mind the discussion that should really be held over whether or not its okay that exalted weapons get exempted from using shadow debt mods for lets be honest... arbitrary reasons especially with the bonkers DPS that melee 3.0 gave a lot of melee's that just leave most exalts completely obsolete, relegated mostly to whether their "mechanic" is good enough or not

also.... can we talk about the absolutely insane variance in these "stat stick power value variance"
for what reason exactly does khora's whipclaw need to be 100x stronger than the other variants

slash dash does 250 base damage, 0% crit chance, 0% status chance, rather obnoxiously slowly, doesn't really benefit from natural talent

landslide does 350 base damage, 5% crit chance, 5% status chance, with an extremely obnoxiously short range 7m for a dash DE why, that doesn't distance scale with range and doesnt really benefit from natural talent

shattered lash does 800? base damage, 0% crit chance, 0% status chance benefits properly from range and natural talent but is somewhat restrictive in direction

meanwhile
whipclaw does 300 base damage 25% crit chance, 20% status chance, is incredibly quick to use, scales distance with range mods, alongside radius, isn't restricted by direction
AND has synergy with her 4th ability dealing 50% of its total damage over a much larger area
benefiting fully from the gladiator set, weeping wounds AND blood rush for  potential of a whopping 355% critical chance, 108% status chance

meanwhile the others get a whopping potential of.... 0% critical chance 0% status chance *wooooooo*
or 72% crit, 27% status for landslide.... *wooooo*
this is assuming one is only using all the gladiator mods, blood rush and weeping wound
and outside of shattered lash *for now* they don't really even have significantly higher base damage to compensate

I'm not suggesting nerfing whipclaw, rather buffing the others, because my god whipclaw makes the others look kinda like out of season april fools jokes right now
both in damage and usability

Hello, Digital Extremes!

I'd like to address the way you are intended to change the Xoris interaction.

a) You won't put the information about the Xoris interaction with those certain abilities anywhere in the game because there is no place for that currently (that's expected).

b) There are many people that do not read the patch notes.

c) There will be people down the line, 1 month or 6 months or 12 months from now, that will have no way to be aware of this change / feature at all.

d) The only source to know that it is intended will be the community wikipedia and other players.

For that reasons an intended change that will confuse people and most likely cause them to head to bug-report section and submit a report should be discarded.

And personally I'd like to add that I am against this change. People are using Xoris for that because it is convenient. Instead of thinking how to change the weapon and remove it from the picture, you should rather take it as a hint / message that people will use something that is convenient and less powerful over something that is powerful but feels clunky to use, just as you did with coptering. In my opinion, if anything needs to change, those are those clunky mechanics, not the smooth and well working ones.

And on the last note, maybe it would be the right idea to fix the stat stick issue by replacing them with moddable pseudo-exalted-weapon section for every warframe that has abilities using mods on the weapons, since so many people reach the same conclusion, whether through community means or their own?

Thanks for your time!

Prot

It didn't amplify warframe damage, it didn't scale it, it just stopped the decay, the only reason anyone uses xoris is because of the combo multiplier, it made warframes that scale off of combo multiplier, 10x easier to play. 

It's an absolute pain in the butt to maintain a combo multiplier, xoris just made it actually fun to use, because you didn't have to worry about some stupid 10 second combo timer. This is an awful nerf, and no one is gonna really use xoris anymore, it was a tool of convenience. Xoris isn't even the best choice it was just convenient, it was a mediocre but fun stat stick. 

A mediocre rivened weapon can be abused far more and it actually increases how much damage you can do, the xoris just keeps your combo up. This change makes no sense.

On 2020-07-01 at 12:01 PM, --Raid-Master-Qued said:

They are nerfing an OP interaction. Why people hate nerfs?

1) Because it really wasn't OP. Riven mods do the same thing and they are not considered "OP," so why is this OP? It we are saying that Rivens are acceptable because you have to reroll them and what not, then there is a bigger issue
2) Because it seems that, at least in recent years, when the community has found something that is actually enjoyable they seem to not nerf it, but BURN IT TO THE GROUND.

I'm sorry but you have completely misunderstood why the Xoris was popular. It did not amplify our damage, it made our already achievable damage convenient. ANY melee weapon can reach 12x, but they are inconvenient because combo duration is not fun to manage. Venka Prime is objectively better because it can reach 13x. Any stat stick (Amphis, Jaw Sword, Mire, etc) with a Riven is objectively better by giving us Riven level stats on top of 12x combo.

What the Xoris gave us was convenience. The convenience to not worry and micromanage. The convenience to not worry about rolling that nigh impossible Riven "slot machine" for a god roll. The convenience to not fork over hundreds of dollars in plat to "pay-to-win" that god roll Riven from another player. 

The Xoris GAVE us options. What options? Ash, Atlas, Baruuk, Excalibur, Khora, Valkyr, and Wukong. Primaries, Secondaries, Melee, Mesa, Saryn, Octavia, etc left these Warframes in the dust. The Xoris was the "convenient option" to bring these Warframes back up to speed and be competitive when the whole name of the game is to "kill fast" whether you like it or not.

The Xoris lets me and others like me play these frames again because we didn't want to do something inconvenient and unfun, because we didnt want to play the slot machine, because we didn't want to fuel a system that is just a loot box in a different coat of paint. The only thing this nerf says is that those are our only options

Balancing based on "popularity" misses the whole point of what needs to be balanced. When something is popular, the first question is "Why?" not "How do we nerf?" and you don't stop asking why.

Why do we like the Xoris? Because it's convenient.

Why? Because we can get 12x with ease, and we are not playing Devil may Cry or FIFA loot boxes.

Why? Because we want to use these Warframes' abilites.

Why? Because we want to have fun with these Warframes but their abilities are too weak on their own.

OH LOOK! The actual problem! These Warframe abilities that benefit from combo are inherently WEAKER than all our other options. I believe in being constructive so here are some solutions. They may not be the best, balancing a game is hard, so more ideas floating around never hurts:

1. Leave Xoris alone. The numbers stay the same as they were pre-Xoris (cause Xoris never increased the numbers, just made them convenient and consistent) and we have a fun weapon to band-aid our frames with.

2. Leave Xoris alone, remove Rivens working on abilities, and buff base combo duration to 10s. Here combo still affects abilities but we remove the highest level of the power level problem you are so concerned about. And I would like to ask a very important question while I'm here. You said you would never make Rivens for Warframes, yet Melee Rivens have a direct, palpable, and undisputable effect on Warframe abilities. Why have you not fixed this?

3. Leave Xoris alone, remove Rivens from affecting abilities, prevent abilities from benefiting from combo multipliers unless they are true exalted where they will benefit from only their own combos, and BUFF the abilities, that relied on combo to be competitive, to be competitive inherently. 

Please don't be so shortsighted and hypocritical. Please ask "Why?" and keep asking. And when you're done asking yourselves why, ask us, the players, "Why?" You might be surprised to see what we see. I love you DE. I love Warframe. But sometimes I have to ask, why?

Edit: Grammar and some small things.

1 hour ago, Xaiken-EN- said:

I'm sorry but you have completely misunderstood why the Xoris was popular. It did not amplify our damage, it made our already achievable damage convenient. ANY melee weapon can reach 12x, but they are inconvenient because combo duration is not fun to manage. Venka Prime is objectively better because it can reach 13x. Any stat stick (Amphis, Jaw Sword, Mire, etc) with a Riven is objectively better by giving us Riven level stats on top of 12x combo.

What the Xoris gave us was convenience. The convenience to not worry and micromanage. The convenience to not worry about rolling that nigh impossible Riven "slot machine" for a god roll. The convenience to not fork over hundreds of dollars in plat to "pay-to-win" that god roll Riven from another player. 

The Xoris GAVE us options. What options? Ash, Atlas, Baruuk, Excalibur, Khora, Valkyr, and Wukong. Primaries, Secondaries, Melee, Mesa, Saryn, Octavia, etc left these Warframes in the dust. The Xoris was the "convenient option" to bring these Warframes back up to speed and be competitive when the whole name of the game is to "kill fast" whether you like it or not.

The Xoris lets me and others like me play these frames again because we didn't want to do something inconvenient and unfun, because we didnt want to play the slot machine, because we didn't want to fuel a system that is just a loot box in a different coat of paint. The only thing this nerf says is that those are our only options

Balancing based on "popularity" misses the whole point of what needs to be balanced. When something is popular, the first question is "Why?" not "How do we nerf?" and you don't stop asking why.

Why do we like the Xoris? Because it's convenient.

Why? Because we can get 12x with ease, and we are not playing Devil may Cry or FIFA loot boxes.

Why? Because we want to use these Warframes' abilites.

Why? Because we want to have fun with these Warframes but their abilities are too weak on their own.

OH LOOK! The actual problem! These Warframe abilities that benefit from combo are inherently WEAKER than all our other options. I believe in being constructive so here are some solutions. They may not be the best, balancing a game is hard, so more ideas floating around never hurts:

1. Leave Xoris alone. The numbers stay the same as they were pre-Xoris (cause Xoris never increased the numbers, just made them convenient and consistent) and we have a fun weapon to band-aid our frames with.

2. Leave Xoris alone, remove Rivens working on abilities, and buff base combo duration to 10s. Here combo still affects abilities but we remove the highest level of the power level problem you are so concerned about. And I would like to ask a very important question while I'm here. You said you would never make Rivens for Warframes, yet Melee Rivens have a direct, palpable, and undisputable affect on Warframe abilities. Why have you not fixed this?

3. Leave Xoris alone, remove Rivens from affecting abilities, prevent abilities from benefiting from combo multipliers unless they are true exalted where they will benefit from only their own combos, and BUFF the abilities, that relied on combo to be competitive, to be competitive inherently. 

Please don't be so shortsighted and hypocritical. Please ask "Why?" and keep asking. And when you're done asking yourselves why, ask us, the players, "Why?" You might be surprised to see what we see. I love you DE. I love Warframe. But sometimes I have to ask, why?

Edit: Grammar and some small things.

Amen. 

I love how put together this argument is and how it shows the biggest flaw with popularity based balancing. If this were reddit I would give you a medal.

2020/7/1 PM11点55分 , [DE]Megan 说:

Greetings, Tenno!

Within The Deadlock Protocol Quest brought the Xoris: a Glaive weapon capable of chaining Melee Combos infinitely. The design intention behind the infinite combo mechanic was predominantly added for the Granum Void’s charged throw moments, to allow you to retain your charges until you were ready. This mechanic opened up new avenues for Melee builds to maximize this infinite Melee Combo Duration, which is great! 

However, the overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice. This was our oversight, our mistake, and we apologize for the time it took to formulate a plan and address this. So let’s break down our plans:

Our plan is not to nerf the base powers of the Warframes involved, or the Mods that amplify the issue (Blood Rush / Weeping Wounds / Gladiator Mod Set), as doing so isn’t fair as it’s a reaction to a single weapon. In turn, we have planned to only change the interactions with the Xoris directly. 

The first issue: The Xoris’ infinite Melee Combo Duration directly amplifies the Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities that won't reset/decay unless you detonate the Xoris manually using heavy attack, or if you die. Thus scaling with Warframe Abilities that are amplified by your Melee Combo multiplier (Ash Blade Storm, Atlas Landslide, and Khora Whipclaw), and even more so when equipped with Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds.

The second issue: The interaction with the Xoris and Gladiator Mod Set for Warframe Exalted weapons. The Gladiator Mod Set bonus is being carried over from the equipped Melee to the Exalted Warframe weapons such as Baruuk’s Serene Storm, Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, Valkyr’s Talons and Wukong’s Iron Staff.

The solution: The change coming with The Steel Path Update is to have the affected Warframe Exalted Abilities / Exalted weapons reset the Melee Combo Counter ONLY if the Xoris is being used. What you’ll see now is the Critical Chance bonus applying to the first hit on abilities that are intended to scale with regular Melee Combo Multiplier, but then the Melee Combo is reset by the Ability, and does not apply to subsequent hits unless you build it up again with Xoris itself. Exalted Melee ultimates will reset the Xoris' Melee Combo Counter at the time of cast. As stated above, we are doing this because restricting your choice to a single weapon for indisputable best performance invalidates all others and such an interaction does not warrant changes to base Warframes as a whole. 

In conclusion, Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:

• Ash Bladestorm
  • Atlas Landslide
  • Baruuk Serene Storm
  • Excalibur Exalted Blade
  • Khora Whipclaw
  • Valkyr Talons
  • Wukong Iron Staff

Special note: Gara’s Shattered Lash will now scale with Melee Combo Counter, to be consistent with Khora Whipclaw and Atlas Landslide. The same Xoris restriction will still apply.

TLDR: Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used.

We’ll be continuing to observe how the Xoris interacts with the above when The Steel Path Update arrives in your hands, and our apologies again for the wait. 

Thank you!

Don't apologize. I'm only concerned about how you compensate us for our investment in this weapon after you make changes.

On 2020-07-01 at 8:09 PM, Atalandros said:

We could all see that coming, but it doesn't make it right.

First, that kind of mess coud and should be avoided : think thoroughly, test thoroughly before implementing anything to your game. That's what professionnals do. But the fact that you're unable to foresee such issues prove that you don't understand the mechanics of your own game. Yeah, like amateurs.

Second, the Xoris is now nearly irrelevant, and so pretty much useless : the infinite combo duration is the thing that makes up for its weak stats. Now that using the wrong ability will reset combo counter, who will bother to use it anymore? Diversity is served, no doubt about it.

Finally, and that's an issue with every nerf : you don't account for the resources players invested in said weapon/frame and that go to waste because of the nerf. In that instance, considering I will not use the xoris anymore (not by choice, but because YOU made it useless), the formas I put on it are lost. And no compensation is on the table, of course.

On the side note, you nerfed the Bramma recently for the sake of diversity. Deadly Protocol bringing two new boomboom weapons, there was no way you would have let the bramma outshine them. I don't see the Stahlta and the tombfinger primary being used all that much, probably because of how poorly designed they are. See what I mean? You can't encourage diversity by making the rare weapons that come on top worst. You do it by giving more good alternatives.

Sorry but the Bramma nerf was well deserved, stop complaining about that.

10 hours ago, SpentCasings said:

*laughs in Mesa prime*

OH CRAP guys we cant use mesa prime in the steel path nodes....DE will notice it doing too much damage and nerf it...

Lol, Mesa Prime will fall off incredibly fast in Steel Path. She's only good on normal missions because armor increase caps at level 75.

9 hours ago, Sylonus said:

You mean like they did with with Ember, Chroma, Catchmoon, Self-Damage Trinity, Maiming Strike, AoE Weapons, Exodia Contagion Limbo, Covert Lethality, Magus Lockdown, Loot Ability Stacking (Though they partially reverted that one), how long does something have to be there for it to be considered "forever" before they nerf it, because I'm pretty sure plenty of that counts.

None of the things you cited has ever been in the meta. Also Magus Lockdown nerf was also warrated, A CC ability shouldn't cause that much damage. Otherwise why even use the other arcane which was made for damage? Covert Lethality was overrated, daggers can now be used on combos to cause damage, so it was a fair tradoff, Maiming Strike fully deserved the Nuke, as it fostered cancerous gameplay that ignores melee systems.

I don't like this. It wasn't overpowered or overwhelming. It was simply more convenient than the other stat stick builds and, in most cases, less powerful. The Venka or the Jaw Sword do much more work, especially with good Rivens, but you have to maintain your combo counter manually every 30 seconds. So you're "fixing" quality of life, not power.

If this is really a problem you should get rid of all stat stick abilities and make every single Warframe power independent from the equipped weapons.

9 hours ago, Bohba13 said:

Not a fan.

The xoris is a stat stick at best. This nerf makes it useless. The whole point people were using it was because of its interaction with mele abilities and exaulted meles. This interaction made it so these abilities and exaulted meles could keep up with actual mele weapons. This doesn't add choices it removes one.

This comment right here sums up one of Brozime's points about the nerf being nonsensical

The problem with this nerf is not because the Xoris was overpowered. In fact, that's not the case at all: It does not increase damage of abilities or powers, it simply just reduced the annoyance of putting away your exalted to hit an enemy again to return the combo effect, and going right back to it. If anything, one build that does increase the strength of warframe powers like DE states, would include weapons that are almost specifically chosen for this for their riven dispositions, the specific mods only they can use, and the strength behind that is absolutely enormous compared to the Xoris. Jaw Sword, Mire, Venka Prime, Amphis, perhaps the Dual Cleavers and multiple others can be used to such an extreme that they would far outpace whatever you could do with the Xoris, with one difference: You don't have to refresh your combo counter. That's all Xoris does. It doesn't amplify power strength or any other stat, it just simply allows you to stay in your exalted or powered up power for far longer without having to refresh it for 30 seconds. If that's enough to warrant a nerf, I would be very disappointed in what would be considered nerfable in other builds, as well.

The Xoris is not this supposed big, powerful weapon that breaks the game, if anything it opens up the more legitimate and less RNG-heavy route of taking. The game has been broken from the get-go: These builds have been around for decades, however only now have they not needed to use a riven. The rivens in particular that would say, improve Khora's power to the supposedly extreme level and popularity that the Xoris is claimed to have brought, are worth thousands in plat on the market. A Jaw Sword Riven with Critical Damage and Chance, with maybe Damage or Attack Speed, is enough to make Khora beyond lethal...  And this lack of a need for a riven, when the Xoris itself is mediocre but still enough to get the job done when in reality it just makes these builds far easier to access without attempting the pay to win route, is enough to warrant a nerf...? This, unfortunately, would be a foolish approach. These builds will still continue to exist if the Xoris dies, the only change this will mean is that the Xoris is now almost completely useless for convenience, and people will once again return to their stat stick of choice to exploit the real Warframe power enhancing weapons to get the job done...especially when these builds are the only things that could dent something in the Steel Path. A shame, indeed.

If you want to fix an issue like this and limit just how far we can 'break' the game with builds that have already existed, then remove the ability for Rivens to power up those kinds of warframe abilities. That was not how they were intended to be used, and if they were, then why only limited to these 'stat sticks' which go for thousands if you get the right rolls? The problem the Xoris brings up is not it's fault, it's the fact that this build has been around for months with the requirement of a riven, and now that it doesn't need one it's getting nerfed? What kind of logic is that?

Please, please just stop with the 'no fun allowed' mentality and fix the issues at hand, not the weapon that exposes them for what they are. I understand why the Xoris would be getting a nerf, but this won't fix the issue. If it's because it's popular, then of course! People have made videos of this supposed miracle weapon, when in reality the real powertrippers are hiding in the shadows. People love the idea of a weapon with infinite melee combo duration because it opens up potential and growth in build variation that did not exist previously, because of how much an encumbrance running that build in particular was. Swapping to your melee out of an exalted weapon every 30 seconds to hit one guy and pop right back in? What's the point if it's so tedious?

I apologize if this was rude, but there's no reason for what the Xoris is getting because of a build in the shadows rising up again simply because it opened the flood gates. I'd rather you address the elephant in the room that is rivens boosting these abilities to capacities far greater then what the Xoris can currently do, instead.

For all the people complaining that they invested Forma/Catalyst in this I understand why you are annoyed, but have you not learned by now that there is 0 point in investing in new weapons. Either an new weapon is going to be no better than the dozens of good weapons we already have access to and have previously forma'd, or if it is actually better it will see "too much use" and get nerfed. Buying and investing forma/catalysts is pointless at this point, these purchases should be boycotted until DE gets the message about not nerfing every new weapon that is actually good.

Archived