Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

15 minutes ago, ProjektKrieg said:

if there comes a change, for one weapon and it makes it objectively useless, its a nerf for the weapon, period.

dont argue about terms that are older as your funbox.

I beg to differ. My Xoris is actually quite the useful weapon if you know how to build for it.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I beg to differ. My Xoris is actually quite the useful weapon if you know how to build for it.

i dont argue about this. if you find your  xoris useful, great. That does not change the 47 sites of frustration the ppl unleash here.

1 minute ago, GREF_TM said:

This benefits all four exalted melees + ash (but ash doesn't need naramon).

Nope... i tested it last night.

Chromatic Blade goes from Criting Half the Time To Critting All The Time.... 

Iron Stalf goes from Yellow Crits to orange crits.... note that you have to use The Primal Rage augment for it be consistent.

And Baruuk goes from small chance of orange crits to guaranteed Red Crits.  

I would imagine Its the same for Valkyr but since she doesnt have Baruuk's Coverage then meh.... its basically like using a normal Blood Rush melee without the Range. 

Maybe if i was using all 6 of the Gladiator Mods then that would give Wukong's Iron Staff a more potent results.... but since those mods are rubbish and require you to sacrifice 3 whole Slots on your Warframe.... i would just skip it.... its not worth the trade off.

Using the whole set isnt going to do much for Exhalted Blade either i would imagine, or maybe it will but again... 3 Slots ...

So yeah.... its literally just Baruuk....

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

I dont doubt its useful... but is it over powered ? Would i be using it over Glaive Prime or even Cerata ? 

How big is that AoE again ? 9 meter radius ? ... for a Weapon that is impressive but ultimately its 18 Meters of Okay Damage.

17 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Nope... i tested it last night.

What i meant was that getting consistent t1 crits on EB without avenger and consitent t2 crits on IS is still a major benefit for these two. Too bad they underperform even with that.

2 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

Getting consistent t1 crits on EB without avenger and consitent t2 crits on IS is still a major benefit for these two.

Thats because you think consistency is some sort if Luxury we should be kissing DE's ass for.... 

To me if its not Consitent then i wont bother.... not unless thats literally the only option, thats why i never used Exhalted Blade or Iron Staff all that much...  i have Melee Weapons that are stronger and way more consistent than those two.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Not really.... it only hinders Warframes with Explicit Exhalted Weapons that have their own dedicate mod slots....

If you were using Khora, Atlas or Gara then you can do better than The Xoris (mostly because Gara gets NOTHING from Combo right now) 

In my understanding of what Megan said, whenever you cast the explicit abilities you would reset the combo counter no matter mod setup, which renders a negative effect as a stat stick whatsoever. So what I meant is that it's better to not equip xoris if your warframe has an ability that utilize melee mods.

Just now, SHArK-FiN said:

In my understanding of what Megan said, whenever you cast the explicit abilities you would reset the combo counter no matter mod setup, which renders a negative effect as a stat stick whatsoever. So what I meant is that it's better to not equip xoris if your warframe has an ability that utilize melee mods.

Indeed.... 

Ofcourse DE's solution to this will be to extend the nerf to all melee weapons....

You mark my words... this be added last second when the update drops.

Speaking of which....

When is steel path anyway ?

33 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

i have Melee Weapons that are stronger and way more consistent than those two.

While i agree that EB is definitely not the best thing around and would like to see at least some buffs, i'd also like to bring to your attention that it has ~6 times the base damage compared to something like broken war for example, as well as two guaranteed status rolls per hit. It's not that bad even with "just" yellow crits. If baruuk didn't get the adaptive storm augment, EB would arguably still be the best exalted in the game for higher level content.

6 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

While i agree that EB is definitely not the best thing around and would like to see at least some buffs, i'd like to bring to your attention that it has ~6 times the base damage compared to something like broken war for example, as well as two guaranteed status rolls per hit.

I used my Broken War to make War Ages ago.... so i dont know if thats significant or not.

All i know is i kill faster with my Skiajati/Paracesis/Telos Boltace....

Besides.... isnt Kronen/Reaper Prime the current Meta right now ? I own them both but they havent left my Foundry... regardless of how much damage Kronen Prime Does... it doesnt compare to jumping further with The Telos Boltace...

4 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

It's not just warframe, nowadays every game company just releases an unfinished update and just patch it later (or, like in warframe, take YEARS to patch anything, just ignore all the reports about it and sing "LALALALALA can't hear you") just need to make it barely playable. Barely.

This is very true.

The cost for quality testing must be pretty significant.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

This is very true.

The cost for quality testing must be pretty significant.

It creates a disconnect though. And like Brozime says, creates really bad optics in that it looks like they're in favor of the way stronger stat-stick rivens they're probably earning some money on because they're rather overpriced.

I can def. understand why someone might not want to read forums too much for their own sanity, a fandumb is its own beast entirely and can be toxic as all get-out, but they have content creators who offer them good feedback and could easily make quality-testing better if they made a test-cluster and offered them guaranteed spots.

It's true that not everyone min-maxes, but it is very much part of the game for some people, so for balancing, it MUST be taken into account.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Guys, please remember that the Xoris itself is not getting nerfed. Nothing about the weapon stats is changing. Only how they interact with Warframe abilities.

Buddy that's the problem no one plays the frames they are nerfing the weapon to and also most of them don't get any damage buff from mods on the weapon.

3 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

This benefits all four exalted melees + ash (but ash doesn't need naramon).

No it doesn't check the video we've tested it.

On 2020-07-01 at 11:55 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

Within The Deadlock Protocol Quest brought the Xoris: a Glaive weapon capable of chaining Melee Combos infinitely. The design intention behind the infinite combo mechanic was predominantly added for the Granum Void’s charged throw moments, to allow you to retain your charges until you were ready. This mechanic opened up new avenues for Melee builds to maximize this infinite Melee Combo Duration, which is great! 

However, the overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice. This was our oversight, our mistake, and we apologize for the time it took to formulate a plan and address this. So let’s break down our plans:

Our plan is not to nerf the base powers of the Warframes involved, or the Mods that amplify the issue (Blood Rush / Weeping Wounds / Gladiator Mod Set), as doing so isn’t fair as it’s a reaction to a single weapon. In turn, we have planned to only change the interactions with the Xoris directly. 

The first issue: The Xoris’ infinite Melee Combo Duration directly amplifies the Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities that won't reset/decay unless you detonate the Xoris manually using heavy attack, or if you die. Thus scaling with Warframe Abilities that are amplified by your Melee Combo multiplier (Ash Blade Storm, Atlas Landslide, and Khora Whipclaw), and even more so when equipped with Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds.

The second issue: The interaction with the Xoris and Gladiator Mod Set for Warframe Exalted weapons. The Gladiator Mod Set bonus is being carried over from the equipped Melee to the Exalted Warframe weapons such as Baruuk’s Serene Storm, Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, Valkyr’s Talons and Wukong’s Iron Staff.

The solution: The change coming with The Steel Path Update is to have the affected Warframe Exalted Abilities / Exalted weapons reset the Melee Combo Counter ONLY if the Xoris is being used. What you’ll see now is the Critical Chance bonus applying to the first hit on abilities that are intended to scale with regular Melee Combo Multiplier, but then the Melee Combo is reset by the Ability, and does not apply to subsequent hits unless you build it up again with Xoris itself. Exalted Melee ultimates will reset the Xoris' Melee Combo Counter at the time of cast. As stated above, we are doing this because restricting your choice to a single weapon for indisputable best performance invalidates all others and such an interaction does not warrant changes to base Warframes as a whole. 

In conclusion, Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:

• Ash Bladestorm
  • Atlas Landslide
  • Baruuk Serene Storm
  • Excalibur Exalted Blade
  • Khora Whipclaw
  • Valkyr Talons
  • Wukong Iron Staff

Special note: Gara’s Shattered Lash will now scale with Melee Combo Counter, to be consistent with Khora Whipclaw and Atlas Landslide. The same Xoris restriction will still apply.

TLDR: Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used.

We’ll be continuing to observe how the Xoris interacts with the above when The Steel Path Update arrives in your hands, and our apologies again for the wait. 

Thank you!

Don't you see that this nerf isn't positive there are over 43k+ persons who have viewed and commented on this thread and only 106 likes you guys should read the forms more to take some notes and also don't side with those who are toxic and simp to DE every action this game will die soon if DE keeps doing what they're doing.

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

Considering outside of the forums, here is seen as full of white knight DEfenders who will fight tooth and nail to shout down all opposition of every choice DE makes alongside mods who are draconian in slapping down anything that doesn't sing DE's praises.... 

I didn't spell it fandumb for nothing. xD But yeh. 😕 Blind praise does nothing for the game. Sure, nothing but criticism doesn't really do that either... There are plenty of people who do both, and they should be listened to more.

Twitter though...Twitter...

1 hour ago, kingowenslim said:

Guys, please remember that the Xoris itself is not getting nerfed. Nothing about the weapon stats is changing. Only how they interact with Warframe abilities.

The only frames that bother with this weapon are doing so for the combo interaction. It's mediocre with out this mechanic. I really hope after 48+ pages on the forums about this they wont implement this change.  

Just my two cents but I disagree with the notion that Xoris was the best melee weapon. It was the most convenient for sure and that's because you decided to give it infinite combo duration. As someone who plays Khora literally all the time a lot of weapons can "break" the whip skill. Gram, Dual Ceres, Venka, Zaws, Paracesis, etc. The only difference between all of those weapons and Xoris is the infinite combo duration. Those are just popular good weapons too. You can also go out of your way to really push the skill by getting -any- high dispo melee riven. These weapons will outperform Xoris, and the only reason to opt for Xoris is because it's easier to get (weapons like Venka can be vaulted or paracesis can take forever to access) or the QOL infinite duration brings (the same reason why people opt for naramon or zenurik for their respective QOL). If you really hate the idea of people using 1 specific weapon for stat stick abilities, you probably should have addressed stat stick abilities back when you revamped melee or when you recently decided to allow bloodrush and weeping wounds to work with stat stick abilities. Until you do, there will always be a series of defacto melee weapon to use with these abilities.

3 hours ago, Kaiune said:

The only frames that bother with this weapon are doing so for the combo interaction. It's mediocre with out this mechanic. I really hope after 48+ pages on the forums about this they wont implement this change.  

5 hours ago, CrazyOryx said:

Look at this on Rus.. Community 

What exactly are we looking at?

This video is extremely chaotic.

Archived