Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda, please give her a real third ability.

LuckyCharm

Hey all, 

I really enjoy playing garuda, she's pretty much the berserker i've always wanted in game, right from the moment valkyr was announced all those years ago to be a melee frame. Her kit while a little clunky in execution is still fun to play, but it feels like her 3 really lacks well.. Anything. Its literally just there to get you a little more energy and it costs you hp for it. Other frames with skills similar get a shield, damage or stun enemies around them, give attack speed and armor buffs, let them block bullets, all that fun sort of self buff stuff. It really feels like she needs something of her own in exchange for hurting herself just to get energy or the little her passive buffs her. 

My suggestion would be to either allow her melee to aoe damage enemies in a radius when she attacks for a short time, or itd be to do something like nidus's stacks, but stack max hp up to a point rather than add more damage. That'd give you incentive to keep casting it, using bloodwell and other methods to heal, then cast it again. Itd effectively make her tankier, while also making her more vulnerable for a time and itd scale meaning the buff is gradual rather than a huge upfront hit of hp. 

Just some ideas anyway, but really, please giver her a new 3

I disagree with you, it trade hp for energy giving you one free mod slot (for not using rage mod) and triggering her passive. 

could use a little upgrade though, adding a 5 sec damage absorb buff equivalent to 100% the hp sacrificed.

58 minutes ago, Syln said:

could use a little upgrade though, adding a 5 sec damage absorb buff equivalent to 100% the hp sacrificed.

I wouldn't mind granting her some status proc immunity while shedding current status procs as well since she's cleansing her blood in the process.

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

My suggestion would be to either allow her melee to aoe damage enemies in a radius when she attacks for a short time

While it requires some build-up, her Dread Heart and Seeking Talons accomplishes the same.

For something simple, Bloodletting makes Garuda really sustainable in both Health and Energy as well as:

• Quick Thinking
  • Performs well in Energy Reduction Sorties
  • Damage boost due to her Passive.

3 hours ago, Duality52 said:

I wouldn't mind granting her some status proc immunity while shedding current status procs as well since she's cleansing her blood in the process.

While it requires some build-up, her Dread Heart and Seeking Talons accomplishes the same.

For something simple, Bloodletting makes Garuda really sustainable in both Health and Energy as well as:

• Quick Thinking
  • Performs well in Energy Reduction Sorties
  • Damage boost due to her Passive.

Status removal would be pretty great honestly as an on demand way of removing it, assuming it worked during some of them. 

That or some knockdown immunity for a time, given heavies tendancy to slam when you get in melee range, where she likes to be

Garuda might be one of the best synergized frames DE has created to date; the interaction between all of her abilities is incredibly fun to play with. It's an obvious loop to use [2] Blood Altar to heal as you refill your energy using [3] Bloodletting. I could not imagine Garuda without these two abilities. 

While I personally wish her passive was different, I can honestly say that I would prefer Garuda's abilities to stay as they are - just number tweaks as they've been doing. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Personally, skills 1, 2 and 3 work well. Skill 4 is the issue.

Her 4 applies a debuff to enemies causing any type of damage from any source to additionally cause bleed procs on those enemies. What is the issue with it exactly?

It's not a passive room nuke and it isn't meant to be, in case that's what you were going for.

Archived