Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Dojo Building Help

DirtyIrishman

Question

So I was looking at adding a hall to my dojo and I noticed that the higher tiers require the lower tiers before you can build them, so I was curious if it was possible to upgrade a hall to a higher tier or if you could build one, destroy it, then  build another one of a higher tier, or do I need to have three other halls in my dojo before I could build a Grandest Hall?

5 answers to this question

you can't delete rooms that are prerequisite of other rooms. For example there is no way in hell that I can delete the Oracle room now that I have all my research labs up and running.

I don't see the point of having so big rooms anyway. Dojo is only for research and obstacle course (and maybe PvP, and possibly a shooting range in the future), and for that you don't need any hall.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Because the clan halls increase capacity (to my knowledge it's the only way to increase capacity) and as I understand it the Grandest Hall as six doors you can add stuff to for only 2 energy (1 less than a Cross Section which only has 3 usable doors). It just seems sort of pointless if I have to build 3 other Halls before it just so I can build a Grandest Hall, unless you can upgrade a Great Hall into a Greater Hall, then a Greater Hall into a Grand Hall, ect, granted they all give the same amount of Capacity.

tl;dr: Clan Dojos require two resources to build -anything- Capacity, and Energy. Reactors give Energy, and Halls give Capacity. If you want to add stuff you need to build both.

Edited by Severanth

It would be much cooler if the halls were either upgrades of the same or can be deleted afterwards (without losing the benefits of the previous one, like the increased cap at the expense of a bit of power).

As it is now you have to keep those halls tucked away or in odd positions.

Because the clan halls increase capacity (to my knowledge it's the only way to increase capacity) and as I understand it the Grandest Hall as six doors you can add stuff to for only 2 energy (1 less than a Cross Section which only has 3 usable doors). It just seems sort of pointless if I have to build 3 other Halls before it just so I can build a Grandest Hall, unless you can upgrade a Great Hall into a Greater Hall, then a Greater Hall into a Grand Hall, ect, granted they all give the same amount of Capacity.

tl;dr: Clan Dojos require two resources to build -anything- Capacity, and Energy. Reactors give Energy, and Halls give Capacity. If you want to add stuff you need to build both.

I know how Dojo works, I might have not been clear.

Unless you want to go bonkers with corridors, you just need

8 cap 20 pow for Oracle/Bio/Chem/Energy research plus 20 cap and 6 energy for a couple cross connectors

And a reactor that is 5 cap and adds 25 power on top of the starting 5.

In case you want to add the obstacle course and the duel room, that's another 10 cap and 3 pow for a cross connector, maybe 4 cap and 4 pow for a couple extended corridors (as those rooms are big, Dunno if they actually fit so close), and 20 cap 20 pow for the two rooms.

Slap another reactor for 5 cap to add another 25 power and you are set.

Sanity check:

100 starting cap

=

28 cap still available

5 starting power

+25

+25

=

2 power still available.

You wanna go Moon Clan? Add 4 capacity and 4 pow on top of that, 5 cap and 25 pow for the reactor. Plus another 10 cap and 3 pow for a cross connector.

That's just 19 capacity and then you have boatloads of free power left. You can even throw in an Elevator or two for lulz (or a T connector to get a slightly better organized layout and not drop barracks in the middle of your research/power wing.

Which leads us to my previous post. Why bother with the halls at all?

I mean what I'm supposed to do with 200 cap or even 400 or 600 on top of that? an array of gardens? a labyrinth with connectors and corridors?

Edited by bobafetthotmail