Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea and Switching Tap and Hold Abilities

(XBOX)DarkForceLegend

Protea, her first ability. Grenade fan (Tap) to throw out a grenade, and (Hold) to throw out the Shield grenade. Well, when one swaps the the way tap and hold abilities work, it unfortunately swaps this. Now, before anyone says, "well, duh." For me, this is my default setting, and when I tell others about using this setting, they raise questions, "well what about this frame." They have a tap and hold... "changing that would mess it up"

So, from what I've found is that Warframes that have abilities that cycle, this setting seem to change how those abilities work... Wisp, Ivara, Vauban... Warframes that have dual purpose abilities such as Inaros and ember, I think, their abilities stay the same.

What I propose is make it so Tap and hold abilities ONLY affect cycle abilities, and have the setting reflect that in the menu. Any Warframe that has a dual purpose ability doesn't really need to swap, but I'm open to having a separate setting for that as well.

Not to mention, Proteas UI actually says to tap and hold for that ability; so the UI doesn't reflect the change.

As a sidebar as to why I do this... It started with Ivara. It allows me to cast her quiver arrows instantly. Yes, I'm aware of her Artemis bow allowing you to do the same thing, but I have reasons. It transferred over to Wisp, which is Sooo much better when using her motes and being able to cast them immediately.

Archived