Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming dax armor too different between male and female opperators

As far as I'm aware, every operator cosmetic has been largely unisex with the only real major differences being the body shape itself.

This is not the case with the new armor they showcased on the stream today. Where the same set, depending on if it's equipped on a male or female operator, are drastically different. So different they look like different armor sets entirely, and upsettingly one is clearly much better looking than the other. This feels a bit unfair and also incredibly out of place compared the current options.

yGrxXBD.png
screenshot courtesy of Reifnir

Perhaps they could be separate sets, and the fancier one could be Dax elite or something. But as the same set with different genders like this I feel is unacceptable.

Honestly if they have 2 separate models for the outfits, they should just be completely separate suits for half the planned price of the whole thing. The operator body types aren't even that much different from one another, so it shouldnt even be too much work for DE to adapt the suit.

I definitely would not mind the two models being split into their own sets - even for the same price each. Each set has its own feel, and I think having that not be male/female restricted would be better.

But, frankly, I don't mind too much, because I've been wanting armour like this for a while now...

Well, the male one (on the left) looks ugly as Hek. Literally. It's something Vay Hek would wear. 

The female one (on the right) is downright gorgeous. My operator happens to be male and I'm now a very unhappy panda :/

Stream screenshot:

Spoiler

yGrxXBD.png

21 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Well, the male one (on the left) looks ugly as Hek. Literally. It's something Vay Hek would wear. 

The female one (on the right) is downright gorgeous. My operator happens to be male and I'm now a very unhappy panda 😕

Stream screenshot:

Reveal hidden contents

yGrxXBD.png

thank you

It honestly wouldn't bother me so much if in-game cinematics hadn't shown male and female Dax looking more or less the same, barring women having narrower helmet-bowl-thingies and (I will point out, very, very subtle) busts to the cuirass. 

I'm gonna side with OP on this. Literally no other Operator suit has been soft-locked between model designs like this; barring the head-tendrils on Emissary suits, and it isn't a good precedent to set. Design focus should be on making the suits look cool, and making sure that the scaling and textures fit each sex of Operator without clipping or bagginess. 

Mini-Dax suits is an A-okay idea, but they shouldn't look this markedly different. 

I feel much the same way as I did about Ivara Prime; that this is a decent idea that needs refinement.

I don't mind the jellyfish-and-sea-life aesthetic, but the fact she's got a single arrow in her arm-bandolier and we can't customize her fully does bug me.

Thus, in much the same way, I don't really get why one would bother molding metal bustiers onto the girl Operators when, physically speaking, our Tenno are mid-teens at oldest. Centuries of mind-and-body preservation doesn't necessarily mean they've become anything truly adult in that time; 800 years of PTSD and perpetually espionage/warfare doesn't really cause one to grow up so much as it makes you lose all capacity to function in normal society.

It's one thing to make the suits more sexually dimorphic for Operators if a later quest ages us into physical adulthood, but for now it's mildly.... uncomfortable. 

And I say this speaking as someone very appreciative of Valkyr Prime's toned shoulders and Mesa Prime's enormous, well-rounded.... ...selection of bullets?

What the title says.

With ghe infested one, the emissary suit, we understood that there needs to be atleast some kind of indication that it's a female operator. It was a slight difference between the two helmets.

BUT WITH THIS, the female version looks like a completely different design, it looks amazing, while the male version of the suit is almost just a copy of teshin's armor, and it even makes the tenno look fat. How is this even accepted at DE and why isn't anyone mad about this? I won't even bother getting it for my male operator until they do something with this. It's ugly as hell compared to the gorgeus female design.

I really hope that it actually represents two different designs that both have their own male/female versions because I completely agree with you, I'd rather have the hanging loin cloth strips over the huge knee guards any day. Then again, these parts might also be interchangeable because as far as I can see, the only part that is male/female is the chestplate (for obvious reasons)

3 minutes ago, Bryuf said:

I really hope that it actually represents two different designs that both have their own male/female versions because I completely agree with you, I'd rather have the hanging loin cloth strips over the huge knee guards any day. Then again, these parts might also be interchangeable because as far as I can see, the only part that is male/female is the chestplate (for obvious reasons)

I hope you're right that it's going to be 2 different sets because this is the only really steel path exclusive thing (no emotes and statues do Not COUNT) that is worth grinding for. 😕

It's literally the armour worn by Teshin/Isaah without the cloak/hanging parts and the armour worn by the female Dax in the Erra cinematic.  It's exactly how we have seen Dax armour before.  Saying that, I don't think there's a good reason not to have the legs, arms and even helmet parts equipable regardless of sex.  I just hope the helmet doesn't change my face shape the way most of them do. 

On 2020-07-04 at 6:28 AM, w1llei4m said:

The left armor looks like a watered down version of Teshins armor, the one on the right looks way better with the exception of the arms IMO. Hopefully both come to the game.

I genuinely love the arms on the right set but it's all a matter of preference. I'v seen a few people say they like pieces from both designs and would like to mix and match them which is another reason why these absolutely should be separate sets

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2021-03-12 at 2:05 AM, richhomieace said:

awesome, still not changed. I love being stuck as a male operator with giant tumors on my thighs with this armor set. amazing DE keep up the great work! 

It's truly frustrating. especially for the effort required to get it.

This thread made a few days after mine has gotten more attention and got a direct response from a dev saying they'd look into it.... but then just silence on it for 8 months.
It's probably never going to happen. People seem to pop in periodically to take a jab at it and pray they don't forget though.

• 5 months later...
Le 5/7/2020 à 16:07, PollexMessier a dit :

Realmente me encantan los brazos en el set correcto, pero todo es una cuestión de preferencia. He visto a algunas personas decir que les gustan las piezas de ambos diseños y que les gustaría mezclarlas y combinarlas, lo cual es otra razón por la que estos deben ser conjuntos separados.

si su operador fuera hombre, serias capaz de meterle sheshesss :u

Archived