Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed to hear about Steel Path.

Nichivo

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

First video he still had armour so he's naturally going to be tougher. Second video I missed a lot of headshots. As I stated earlier, remove his armour and aim for headshots for much higher damage. Concentrate on the actual headshots in the videos and it's about 5 shots, anything else is a miss. So not a sponge.

Still a sponge when you factor in the levels of the encounter. He also doesnt pose much of a threat, which makes him even more just a sponge.

20 hours ago, Nichivo said:

My biggest concern was Steel path difficulty would get nerfed before it released. I was correct.  They reduced the challenge already, before it even released. It's a crying shame to see Hardmode difficulty lowered already.

It also didn't sound like any testers played through it all. Why not? 😦

Not going to hold back. That was the most disappointing stream I have watched, since the excellent stream when hearing we would get a hardmode.

Absolute Cringe. 

Sounds like you don’t understand the point of a test cluster. They made these changes based on the feedback they got from the test cluster, and the overwhelming response I saw from the test cluster people was “yeah this is kinda hard but not in a fun way”.

Eh, challenge is a very subjective thing. For me:

• Challenge is having a cooldown on consumables and abilities so you would make your loadout versatile with more than just 'Viral+Heat', and rely on every single piece of your arsenal out in the field. So you would have to think faster in the moment of need when you have a CD running down and there's an enemy horde mere seconds from you. Actually using brains and prioritizing targets, not just brute-forcing stuff with macro slide attacks and Condition Overload.
  • Challenge is making the Grineer and Corpus personnel use weapons with Elemental damage.
  • Challenge is having the Corpus personnel and proxies ratio to 20:80 with Techs actually repairing destroyed proxies and Shield Ospreys being the real bosses nullifying Elemental damage and Status procs to shielded allies.
  • Challenge is having an Iron Man (one life) mode so you'd be playing careful.
  • Challenge is having a bit more intelligence among enemies like the Nightwatch Corps that can lure you out with melee units just for ranged ones make a swiss cheese out of you the moment you get in the open, .
  • Challenge is having an actual physical armor on enemies (like the Crewmen helmets or Ambulas armor plates) you can actually destroy to expose weak spots.
  • Challenge is having an actual teamplay.

What isn't a challenge for me, however, is having braindead mobs with their EHP pumped up to eleven. Many people who cried and are crying wolf will be using meta to cheese the Path through rather than trying something new. Next thing? There will be complaining that there's no challenge. Always been like this. This so-called bullet spongy challenge will be there for players that don't have meta or cheesy gear, or the players that can easily get off the meta needle and try something new.

It's like playing Borderlands 2 at OP levels looking for challenge just to stick to Sal with Grog/DPUH/Pimpernel/Sand Hawk 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

And yes Archwing has the modifiers removed completely, but archwing is a just a few missions with few players.

I actually like Archwing I always have. The hard mode will not contain enemy level high as some Tenno including myself, have fought in interception back before any prime archwing or gun mods even existed. It was gutted. I am not saying there was no need for concern, because Kepler(never heard mention of it at all) on Phobos, and the TTK on orbiters in a timed run could have been an issue that would need to be addressed. The changes made out of the gate, are completely over the top. Actual Archwing fans will barely notice a +50 bump. 

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think that is why they should try to diversify enemies so it comes down more to your approach instead of the frame.

How do you plan to do that when they die fast enough people do not even know the majority of animations they go through. I bet you didn't know lancers will actually cover up weak spots during some animations. Yeah Lancers(and they are one of the more generic of enemies) actually have weak spots imagine that. How often do you get to see a lancer drop a blunt. Diverse enemies that die instantly, will never be noticed. There is actually a very large amount of diversity already out there in the different enemies, that never even gets noticed anymore by most players, because the TTK is so low they will never see it happen. The faster the TTK gets the more of a beautifully crafted game we are robbed from ever seeing. All the time spent on the animations, and AI responses, are flushed out the window with the press of 1 key. Do you remember when disarm Loki was a thing because enemies didn't die instantly, and actual had time to kill you? I do! 

My point is there is a lot of what people seem to want, and ask for already in the game. It's just being obscured by the insanely fast TTK of everything now days.

If you go back to 2015 you can find posts with people talking about all the different enemies and what they do, and others responding with lvl 70 enemies are supposed to be hard. Think about it!

2 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

I actually like Archwing I always have. The hard mode will not contain enemy level high as some Tenno including myself, have fought in interception back before any prime archwing or gun mods even existed. It was gutted. I am not saying there was no need for concern, because Kepler(never heard mention of it at all) on Phobos, and the TTK on orbiters in a timed run could have been an issue that would need to be addressed. The changes made out of the gate, are completely over the top. Actual Archwing fans will barely notice a +50 bump. 

Go join the Conclave corner I guess. I hear they have therapy sesions for forgotten game modes.

Just now, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Go join the Conclave corner I guess. I hear they have therapy sesions for forgotten game modes.

Just because you do not play it doesn't make it forgotten. All it takes is one solitary player to remember something, or play, and the term forgotten by definition becomes incorrect.

In fact if it was forgotten you would not be discussing it at all.

22 hours ago, Nichivo said:

Never experienced an actual bullet sponge in Warfame. I have heard people claim they exist, but have always been proven wrong when I went to check them out for myself. Maybe you need to revise your builds.

Then you weren't around for any 40+ minute Wolf fights. 

Just now, Nichivo said:

Just because you do not play it doesn't make it forgotten.

Correct. Now let's try, oh I don't know, 98% of the player base? Wasn't there a graph a while back of missions played? And wasn't Archwing near the bottom?

Forgotten in this context here meaning not widely played at all.

Also funny how my point about enemies not being nerfed, but buffed instead for the majority of the upcoming new content was completely ignored. . .

4 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Correct. Now let's try, oh I don't know, 98% of the player base? Wasn't there a graph a while back of missions played? And wasn't Archwing near the bottom?

Forgotten in this context here meaning not widely played at all.

Also funny how my point about enemies not being nerfed, but buffed instead for the majority of the upcoming new content was completely ignored. . .

Just don't!

It's the same as those saying remove conclave, when some people enjoy conclave. I can't believe I am actually having to defend the current state of conclave, but unlike some folks around here, I actually care about the game modes I do not actively play, and those that play them, just much as the things I do. It helps keep the game population up. because at the end of the day different people enjoy different things, and that doesn't make what they enjoy any less valid, then something someone else does. 

Isn't the point of a discussion, to discuss differences of opinion? 

6 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Just don't!

It's the same as those saying remove conclave, when some people enjoy conclave. I can't believe I am actually having to defend the current state of conclave, but unlike some folks around here, I actually care about the game modes I do not actively play, and those that play them, just much as the things I do. It helps keep the game population up. because at the end of the day different people enjoy different things, and that doesn't make what they enjoy any less valid, then something someone else does. 

Isn't the point of a discussion, to discuss differences of opinion? 

I simply pointed out that Archwing has a low play rate, and as such it was an aside my initial post in regards to Steel Path enemies not being nerfed (which is still being ignored). Apparently that translates to not caring about it.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I simply pointed out that Archwing has a low play rate, and as such it was an aside my initial post in regards to Steel Path enemies not being nerfed (which is still being ignored). Apparently that translates to not caring about it.

Read what I actually typed again, until the lightbulb goes 💡.  Your answer is actually already there. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I'll wait for a comment on enemies not actually being nerfed in Steel Path bar archwing

Not into repeating things. Would you like some coffee while you wait?

23 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

At very high levels before the armor rework, they did.

And anyway, I was talking more generally, based on experiences with other games. For me personally, that Machine mini-boss at the waterfall in Nier: Automata which took me like half an hour to beat comes to mind. It was really tedious and repetitive.

Oh geez I forgot about that boss. 

Can we not wait till this "Quick Steel Path of Kekxile" thing went live? Let old man Teshin set up his table and chairs for registration, yet u guys already swarming his "THE CONCLAVE HOUSE" like waiting on release of CyberFunk 2k35.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Tea is much better. Also mind pointing me to were you commented about me saying Steel Path enemies weren't nerfed? Gets a bit hard to keep up with the pages and who said what.

I'm not in the mood to argue. If you want, argue with this clip. I heard Rebecca say that enemy defense were lowered from what they were on the test server. What did you hear?

If you watch the entire stream it was stated lowered by 50%

That would lead me to believe either your info about what was actually on the test is incorrect, or Rebecca was. Do I even need to explain why I am going to believe Rebecca in this case?

My other point still stands. Actual Archwing fans will likely not notice a +50 lvl bump by itself.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Sounds like you don’t understand the point of a test cluster. They made these changes based on the feedback they got from the test cluster, and the overwhelming response I saw from the test cluster people was “yeah this is kinda hard but not in a fun way”.

And here's the problem mate, their test cluster doesn't include good players, exploiters, bug finders etc. Once it releases officially, watch the really good players absolutely destroy it and a meta very quickly form for even new tenno to simply yolo through it.

13 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

I'm not in the mood to argue. If you want, argue with this clip. I heard Rebecca say that enemy defense were lowered from what they were on the test server. What did you hear?

If you watch the entire stream it was stated lowered by 50%

That would lead me to believe either your info about what was actually on the test is incorrect, or Rebecca was. Do I even need to explain why I am going to believe Rebecca in this case?

So the Official Patch Notes for the test cluster lied? And enemy defenses != enemy health. When I hear defenses, I think armor and shields. You know, the things defending health.

So I choose to believe Rebeca yes, in the context that she was talking about armor and shields, not health

Archived