Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed to hear about Steel Path.

Nichivo

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

And here's the problem mate, their test cluster doesn't include good players, exploiters, bug finders etc. Once it releases officially, watch the really good players absolutely destroy it and a meta very quickly form for even new tenno to simply yolo through it.

I myself am anti exploit meaning you report it, and don't use it, or recommend others do. However that statement it's safe to say is probably mostly accurate. I would really only describe myself, as maybe slightly better than average for an old half blind retired fart. Yet I am aggravated by the constantly making things easier, especially now that I can't binge play them before they get gutted.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

So the Official Patch Notes for the test cluster lied? And enemy defenses != enemy health. When I hear defenses, I think armor and shields. You know, the things defending health.

So I choose to believe Rebeca yes, in the context that she was talking about armor and shields, not health

You must be a doctor with the amount of spinning you keep trying. Is there anything else? Would you like to increase the TTK of the wolf to a solid hour, that hasn't been tried yet?😎

8 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

I myself am anti exploit meaning you report it, and don't use it, or recommend others do. However that statement it's safe to say is probably mostly accurate. I would really only describe myself, as maybe slightly better than average for an old half blind retired fart. Yet I am aggravated by the constantly making things easier, especially now that I can't binge play them before they get gutted.

I'll freely admit I'm a player who finds bugs but players like that are needed for this to figure out how to break the game mode and then, how to fix it before it's released in order that the update be a more polished product.

6 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

You must be a doctor with the amount of spinning you keep trying. Is there anything else? Would you like to increase the TTK of the wolf to a solid hour, that hasn't been tried yet?😎

Seeing is believing.
So what is true? Did the patch notes lie? Did Rebecca lie? Or was she only talking about shield and armor?

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'll freely admit I'm a player who finds bugs but players like that are needed for this to figure out how to break the game mode and then, how to fix it before it's released in order that the update be a more polished product.

I find bugs, and exploits all the time, but you can tell just by looking at my abandoned missions. I don't use them, even the so called time saving(efficiency  claim)ones.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Seeing is believing.
So what is true? Did the patch notes lie? Did Rebecca lie? Or was she only talking about shield and armor?

What part of not wanting to argue did you not understand? 

Not going to lie... I stopped watching the instant I saw Baruuk is trash, we need more damage, or this is a bullet sponge himself on the screen. Baruuk was never trash, the last thing we need is more damage, and he seems to claim everything is a sponge, or a slog. 

Ok, so it looks like the test cluster had 2x health and 4x (+300%) armour and shields. Now it's 3.5x (+250%) for all of them (except archwing).

Seems like they end up roughly the same toughness (maybe more or less depending on level) with the main effect being slash/toxin have to work a bit harder if you're trying to bypass the armour/shields.

I've listened to a few different streams now, and everyone is mixing up their "plus X percent" and "times X" :-P.

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

Ok, so it looks like the test cluster had 2x health and 4x (+300%) armour and shields. Now it's 3.5x (+250%) for all of them.

Seems like they end up roughly the same toughness (maybe more or less depending on level) with the main effect being slash/toxin have to work a bit harder if you're trying to bypass the armour/shields.

I've listened to a few different streams now, and everyone is mixing up their "plus X percent" and "times X" :-P.

Finally, some sense

On 2020-07-02 at 9:04 PM, Nichivo said:

My biggest concern was Steel path difficulty would get nerfed before it released. I was correct.  They reduced the challenge already, before it even released. It's a crying shame to see Hardmode difficulty lowered already.

It also didn't sound like any testers played through it all. Why not? 😦

Not going to hold back. That was the most disappointing stream I have watched, since the excellent stream when hearing we would get a hardmode.

Absolute Cringe. 

there are no decent rewards for playing it, so who cares about how they micro manage "difficulty"?

If i feel much more rewarded playing a different game, i will play that one.....surprised DE has not figured that out yet.

7 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

there are no decent rewards for playing it, so who cares about how they micro manage "difficulty"?

If i feel much more rewarded playing a different game, i will play that one.....surprised DE has not figured that out yet.

Where in this entire thread do you see me say anything at all about rewards?

I was really hoping that it would be an extended version of those mastery rank test with the advanced parkour stages. Like a massive randomized obstacle course, with sortie conditions or something. To me, they don't even have to have new assets, just make basic building materials. The prizes could be randomized single colors from any color pallette, reused assets for accessories (for consistently new pieces every month), and then whatever else they want to throw in. Whatever it is, it needs to be consistent or it will end up like every other mode before it. (Arbitrations, Salvage, and Onslaught). My ideas. 

11 hours ago, Kyronz said:

the subject was new mode

How exactly are you making the desire for a fun challenge in Warframe, and not wanting it overly nerfed before even touching the mode narcissism. If anything my previous statement, and defense of conclave even though I don't currently play it, shows empathy for those playing that mode.

24 minutes ago, DARK_WIZARD999 said:

I was really hoping that it would be an extended version of those mastery rank test with the advanced parkour stages. Like a massive randomized obstacle course, with sortie conditions or something. To me, they don't even have to have new assets, just make basic building materials. The prizes could be randomized single colors from any color pallette, reused assets for accessories (for consistently new pieces every month), and then whatever else they want to throw in. Whatever it is, it needs to be consistent or it will end up like every other mode before it. (Arbitrations, Salvage, and Onslaught). My ideas. 

That would be interesting. I hear the screams of people taking the rank 9 in the distance, and it was only stealth(granted it was broken at one point in time).

10 hours ago, Nichivo said:

How exactly are you making the desire for a fun challenge in Warframe, and not wanting it overly nerfed before even touching the mode narcissism. If anything my previous statement, and defense of conclave even though I don't currently play it, shows empathy for those playing that mode.

what is the point arguing over a mode no one will play, because there is no reason to play it?

sounds futile.

remember the utter hatred and crash DE had when they had those back to back conclave "events",  DE got their ass kicked over that.

1 minute ago, Kyronz said:

what is the point arguing over a mode no one will play, because there is no reason to play it?

sounds futile.

So let me get this straight I suffer from narcissism, but refer to myself as

2 hours ago, Nichivo said:

I would really only describe myself, as maybe slightly better than average for an old half blind retired fart.

Yet. I am a "no one" because as you claim, "no one" will play the game mode, because there is no reason.

Did you even bother to read anything in this thread?

Everyone enjoys different things. Why do so many people on these forums get so toxic, about others showing any passion for Warframe? Ya'll are playing the same game!!!

People on these forums literally go out of their way, to be sarcastic, dismissive, snarky, condescending, rude, and just nasty to others with no real reason.

So caring about anything in Warframe is futile in your opinion? Well I care about the new game mode, and the rewards are not a motivation for me. So we have established I am into futile things.

Why are you here in this thread?

25 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

So let me get this straight I suffer from narcissism, but refer to myself as

Yet. I am a "no one" because as you claim, "no one" will play the game mode, because there is no reason.

Did you even bother to read anything in this thread?

Everyone enjoys different things. Why do so many people on these forums get so toxic, about others showing any passion for Warframe? Ya'll are playing the same game!!!

People on these forums literally go out of their way, to be sarcastic, dismissive, snarky, condescending, rude, and just nasty to others with no real reason.

So caring about anything in Warframe is futile in your opinion? Well I care about the new game mode, and the rewards are not a motivation for me. So we have established I am into futile things.

Why are you here in this thread?

because i thought the thread subject was about new mode, not you.

1 minute ago, Kyronz said:

because i thought the thread subject was about new mode, not you.

you want to talk about you, that is a dull subject.  

Yet you haven't discussed the new game mode, and even now are editing your responses. Is it embarrassing to be called out?

En 3/7/2020 a las 6:25, (PS4)poloslash18 dijo:

Because Warframe has 40?+ “classes”

So that's why I remember having way more fun with Mass Effect 3 multiplayer than with Warframe, classes and enemies were crystal clear and 'to the point' there was a clear objective and maps were simple, I also think the movement system (along with other things) really plays a huge part in why Warframe starts to get boring at some point for a lot of people, and then they start asking for challenge.

Idk, ME3 multiplayer felt challenging and engaging, it really made you react when things were going south and actually work as a team, I miss it so much, I would have liked that DE took it as an example all those years back before all this weird mess we've got right now happened, not saying WF absolutely sucks in comparison to ME3 Multiplayer because it does not, but DE has introduced so many systems/mechanics, mods and weapons that step on each other (if one is changed in any way for example) for many years that asking for "difficulty" at this point is a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

"There are no decent rewards for playing it, so who cares about how they micro manage "difficulty"?

If i feel much more rewarded playing a different game, i will play that one.....surprised DE has not figured that out yet."

seek help, have had to deal with your little tantrums, discuss new game mode or sober up, either would be fine with me

First off! I care about the current balance. Was that really still not obvious by now? I actually stated as much multiple times.

Also,  stated that rewards are not a motivating factor for myself.

There you go again. What tantrum calling you out on being rude? I actually don't drink, or smoke. Guess I am every bit the square you claim. So since you think I need help, exactly what makes you the expert? How long have you been studying psychology, and are you licensed to make a diagnoses over a game forum? Yes I am being sarcastic! You actually continue  being insulting for no real reason.

If the folks in reddit did their math right, then the current change is actually the same tankyness (relatively speaking) than what the test cluster faced.

50% increase in health while a 50% reduction of armor.

The ONLY change this effectively does is that that tanky ness goes down faster SHOULD status effects apply. Unless, nothing much changes.

In other words, DE buffed fast firing weapons like assault rifles and kept hard hitting slow firing weapons like Rubico Prime the same. Or at least, that's what I think DE is trying to achieve.

Either way, OP, I don't think enemies have been weakened in a general sense at all, or at least, not in a way most players care about, as players rarely use assault rifles or a CC warframes as big d*** damage number red crit builds appeals them more, even if it is less effective.

28 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

If the folks in reddit did their math right, then the current change is actually the same tankyness (relatively speaking) than what the test cluster faced.

50% increase in health while a 50% reduction of armor.

The ONLY change this effectively does is that that tanky ness goes down faster SHOULD status effects apply. Unless, nothing much changes.

In other words, DE buffed fast firing weapons like assault rifles and kept hard hitting slow firing weapons like Rubico Prime the same. Or at least, that's what I think DE is trying to achieve.

Either way, OP, I don't think enemies have been weakened in a general sense at all, or at least, not in a way most players care about, as players rarely use assault rifles or a CC warframes as big d*** damage number red crit builds appeals them more, even if it is less effective.

DE stated they will be less tanky, but this still doesn't take into consideration Archwing and it's lowered difficulty was staggering, because even on the highest node(Jordas Golem) the mobs will reach level 84, and a good number of people have played against higher level in Caelus (interception) even before a bunch of the current mods, and primed mods, were available. The only concern I had, and I voiced it here, and in other threads was Kepler(phobos) because of the orbiters at the ships and the TTK could be an issue in a timed run.

I still maintain that +50 will not really be noticed(except for maybe the Golem himself, assuming he gets a hard mode), by any of the actual Archwing fans even if we don't make up a real large percent of the player base. I just don't like the idea, that it doesn't matter, since it's only nine starchart nodes, and the archwing lovers are a small group. Is there a reason we Archwing lovers can't have a hard mode also?

It's much like what happened with railjack already. Granted again a small number of railjack lovers, but then all of railjack became trivial with the revisit, and we have no way to get back any of the amazing feel the game mode had when solo prior.

1 hour ago, (PS4)xBellikx said:

So that's why I remember having way more fun with Mass Effect 3 multiplayer than with Warframe, classes and enemies were crystal clear and 'to the point' there was a clear objective and maps were simple, I also think the movement system (along with other things) really plays a huge part in why Warframe starts to get boring at some point for a lot of people, and then they start asking for challenge.

Idk, ME3 multiplayer felt challenging and engaging, it really made you react when things were going south and actually work as a team, I miss it so much, I would have liked that DE took it as an example all those years back before all this weird mess we've got right now happened, not saying WF absolutely sucks in comparison to ME3 Multiplayer because it does not, but DE has introduced so many systems/mechanics, mods and weapons that step on each other (if one is changed in any way for example) for many years that asking for "difficulty" at this point is a waste of time.

Warframe's issue isn't the quantity of options, or even the movement, but the complete self sufficiency. A single person is able to essentially do it all, which removes the reliance on others entirely. You can't really have difficulty or genuine co-op at all when everyone is able to be self sufficient. All of Warframe's "co-op" amounts to silly things like having 2 people pressing a button at a door in a similar time frame or doing some menial task like getting lures to save time. Even the alleged Railjack co-op was a major joke, it was as simple as having the pilot do everything while 1 person babysits the forge/repairs/use FA/objectives just to keep the pilot from having to go back and forth. There's no real need to work together when a single person is able to indefinitely sustain to full HP, use a Warframe that fills all roles easily, as well as sustaining their energy on their own while killing everything in 1 second. This is why anyone I got to try Warframe eventually quit, it was either I was doing too much, or they noticed I was pretty much afk just so they would be allowed to play. My partner is the only one who still plays occasionally, and even then, that's because she enjoys playing in a supportive manner and is always finding odd ways to fill a supportive position.

Archived