Disappointed to hear about Steel Path.

God, I love arguments like these. The .001% arguing about how things should be how they want them to be.....lol DE doesn't make the game for you. They make the game to make money. period

3 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

God, I love arguments like these. The .001% arguing about how things should be how they want them to be.....lol DE doesn't make the game for you. They make the game to make money. period

Did I just get pushed from the 1% to .001% How flattering. 🤩

4 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

You realise we know this right? Is it so incredibly selfish to want 1% of the game's content to provide a challenge?

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Has nobody in this thread heard of the sarpa, or shattering impact. You didn't need status. OMG! No wonder things keep getting made easier.🤣

Having to use one of 2-3 options to deal with something is poor design. Sharpened Claws also work, that doesn't help the fact that 99% of the weapons will still be useless if this is the excuse for not adjusting something.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

Everyone argues for the sort of game they like. Don't tell me you get on game forums and argue for things you don't like?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nichivo said:

Did I just get pushed from the 1% to .001% How flattering. 🤩

ah, well that would be up to you

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You realise we know this right? Is it so incredibly selfish to want 1% of the game's content to provide a challenge?

Hmm, no I want a challenge too. However the entire star chart is not 1% of the game. Now is it...

Just now, schilds said:

Everyone argues for the sort of game they like. Don't tell me you get on game forums and argue for things you don't like?

interesting and?

Just now, NoMoreFAIL said:

Having to use one of 2-3 options to deal with something is poor design. Sharpened Claws also work, that doesn't help the fact that 99% of the weapons will still be useless if this is the excuse for not adjusting something.

The main reason why wolf was "tanky" was due to its status immunity.

Thanks to armor changes and damage changes (mostly viral lmao), enemies are essentially a joke so long they are not immune to status. Most of star chart common enemies do not have this treatment, and so they would still be a pushover.

Heck, even a lifted officer ( Exo Gokstad Officer being given 10x health via trinity) can be taken down in seconds by several weapons. and they have 9million EHP pre-lifted.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MacKerris said:

Hmm, no I want a challenge too. However the entire star chart is not 1% of the game. Now is it...

Except the conversation here is on steel path, which is essentially "hard mode star chart", and not normal star chart

2 minutes ago, NoMoreFAIL said:

I don't know. I never mind having to build a specific settup for something. I find it more enjoyable then everything instantly dying. Is it poor design? Maybe, but it's more entertaining then the alternatives as of late. 

LOL the entire starchart... 

So up until now you haven't been able to do the entire star chart? Is that what you're saying? It is an OPTIONAL mode, it is not the entire starchart. Please try a little harder if you want to debate intelligently.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

It is not really half the entire starchart, only the dark half that is obscured by the moon over Teshins shoulder? ;~)

Edited by Nichivo
Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

interesting and?

If you think that's interesting, then I have something even more interesting for you. Listen to this guy:

17 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

Lol, he could be telling us the sky is blue or the earth is round for all the interesting information this comment holds. Tell us something we don't know.

Players (most of them, I assume) will argue for the things they enjoy. This is more useful information to DE than a comment telling everyone that DE has other considerations. That's not even useful information for other players.

Edited by schilds
2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

LOL the entire starchart... 

So up until now you haven't been able to do the entire star chart? Is that what you're saying? It is an OPTIONAL mode, it is not the entire starchart. Please try a little harder if you want to debate intelligently.

nice twist on what I said, doesn't make you intelligent at all

Just now, MacKerris said:

nice twist on what I said, doesn't make you intelligent at all

Certainly better than your first attempt at butting into this conversation.

I will be holding off my judgement of hard mode, and only make an opinion of it WHEN IT ACTUALLY COMES.

Anything made here is nothing but pure speculation on what it might feel like.

There are valid arguments from each side. Some think this will make things like saryn and mesa mandatory to do enough damage, others think it will make them useless because of the armor values, pad cooldowns and extreme spawn rates removing their ability to kill reliably.

If anything, people will just be more inclined to use CC abilities and rely on their melee weapons to do damage. Stuff like Mag, Vauban, Titania, Hunter Grendel, Loki, Ash, Inaros (Prime), Nezha (augmented), Decayed Dragon Key Protea, Rhino (arcane tanker), Khora, Phoenix Oberon and even Nyx are likely to see a far increase in usage, should the meta lean towards status orientation, which, according to the people I've talked to in the test cluster, it is leaning towards.

We will just have to wait and see.

Has there been any news on DE providing a second test cluster for this?

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Certainly better than your first attempt at butting into this conversation.

ah well, maybe it's time you all learn that your wants and needs are so minuscule that nobody cares.

Just now, Aadi880 said:

Has there been any news on DE providing a second test cluster for this?

Rebecca said the target release date is some time next week, so I doubt there will be a second test cluster.

1 minute ago, MacKerris said:

ah well, maybe it's time you all learn that your wants and needs are so minuscule that nobody cares.

And perhaps it's about time you realise that if you're not going to contribute anything useful to a debate you should keep your beak out of it. Have a nice day.

Posted (edited)

Why are you here if you don't care? Do you get paid to go around telling everyone how insignificant their opinions are?

Edited by schilds
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nichivo said:

I played higher level Archwing content in interception solo, then will now be in arching hardmode, back before a bunch of the mods we have for it even existed. The only node that had any concern for me was Kepler for what should be obvious reasons.The TTK on the orbiters at the ships during a timed run could be crucial. Other then that I wasn't really concerned and planned to as usual play through it solo.

So I completely disagree with the severe amount of change there. 

Do you want to group me in the 1%? Ok fine. Removing our chance to have the week or two to enjoy it before it gets nerfed for the 99% really bothers me. I'm used to having a limited amount of time as of late to enjoy new things before they get hammered, but this completely removed that option all together. It's ok though the 1% isn't important. Even Spock would say as much. Ignoring the concerns of players because they are of the 1%,or 99% is not good business, and lets be honest it's a business. Isn't it?

Have not changed my mind at all.

I didn't group you into any percentile, nor was I trying to change your mind as it's not worth it. The facts remain however that a 50% reduction from the 300% armor/shield/health to 250% for the normal star chart nodes in hard mode remain while the nine Archwing missions difficulty was altered significantly. 

If those nine missions changes completely undermine your enjoyment well that's a personal perspective and not the full reality. 232 nodes in Hard Mode, 9 of which saw significant change as they are Archwing. Tis a good deal for what this first iteration will be for the general. When we get the new Archwing update perhaps we can find a better foundation for what we saw in the Test Cluster iteration, as I said I rather liked the Test Cluster version, many the changes they made aren't mode breaking except for the most die hard of zealots. If that is what you wish I see no problem with it. That said however it can't be the reality of the new mode because let's be honest as a business in this case the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one or the few.

live long and prosper star trek GIF

P.s. I've been dead before, contact the feedback section for coordinating your thoughts on this accord with DE. 

Edited by Magus_Tahir
Forgot a word, words are hard.
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, schilds said:

Why are you here if you don't care? Do you get paid to go around telling everyone how insignificant their opinions are?

Never said I didn't care about what DE does. I just said that most, including DE don't care about the .01%. While that may not seem fair, game makers make games to make money. If you want to talk about what will keep this game alive and try to satisfy the majority of players great. But if you're trying to make the new content something that even 90% of players can't do. You loose.

Every one of you, all of the most knowledgeable players in the game, could quit on the same day. You know what? DE wouldn't care. They wouldn't even notice, unless you happen to know them personally. It would be a loss to the rest of us, but the corporation would live on.

Posted (edited)

@MacKerris

Ok sure, and maybe some people are too wrapped up in their own little world, have never considered such things, and you are doing a great service in educating them. Who knows. I know I gave myself a pat on the back for informing someone in this thread that different people enjoy different things :-P.

Back to the other conversation. If DE happened to come along and look at this thread (and I'm not saying there's much of a chance of that), do you think it would be more useful (however minutely) for them to see people just directly stating what it is they want/enjoy in a game or guessing at what DE may or may not take into consideration, which percentage of the playerbase they're in, second guessing their own contribution, and ... what ... self-censoring? Loading up everything they say with tedious qualifications?

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1