Disappointed to hear about Steel Path.

I'm annoyed that they removed sortie modifiers.

Eximus Stronghold Orb Vallis would have been one of the only chances to get the goddamn Jackal Eximus to show up.

Stupid goddamn impossible enemies in the codex.

3 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

I'm annoyed that they removed sortie modifiers.

Eximus Stronghold Orb Vallis would have been one of the only chances to get the goddamn Jackal Eximus to show up.

Stupid goddamn impossible enemies in the codex.

I don't think they ever had the full range of modifiers, just the +300% heatlh/armour/shield ones, and those are still there but reduced to +250%.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

The main reason why wolf was "tanky" was due to its status immunity.

Thanks to armor changes and damage changes (mostly viral lmao), enemies are essentially a joke so long they are not immune to status. Most of star chart common enemies do not have this treatment, and so they would still be a pushover.

Heck, even a lifted officer ( Exo Gokstad Officer being given 10x health via trinity) can be taken down in seconds by several weapons. and they have 9million EHP pre-lifted.

I agree. I still miss the old veiljack boarders. I built a heavy attack Pennant with a riven sepcifically for them since they didn't die in 1 sec and then they nerfed them. Now instead of several super fast attacks with it they die to just a few hits.

Edited by NoMoreFAIL
  • Like 1
Just now, NoMoreFAIL said:

I agree. I still miss the old veiljack boarders. I built a heavy attack Pennant with a riven sepcifically for them since they didn't die in 1 sec and then they nerfed them. Now instead of several super fast attacks with it they die to just a few hits.

Same, I missed them, it was one of the few occasions I actually saw enemies manage to reliably tank a shot on my gas opticor vandal without having to overstay for endless modes  (no, eidolons and orb vallis spiders don't count)

although gas is gone, we know have viral, these enemies are also tuned down by so much that they are essentially pushovers. I was hoping to finally see enemies that can actually manage to survive for a little bit.

Its sad how this game has became so easy from what it used to be. Everything dies so easily to the point that I can actually forget I have my dragon keys on because they die regardless I handicap my loadout, the only difficulty is really to missions is really to not fall asleep.

I am always curious how people are complaining about these enemies being tanky. How much EHP do they actually have? Even level 175 CHG with 3.2m ehp can get shred by at least 2 dozen weapons even before using rivens. With rivens, there even exists weapons in game that can shred through lifted officers (9 mil EHP base on level 175, which is further increased via trinity's 1st ability that gives them 10x health)

• Like 3

If people want to just klick on a single thing for an hour maybe a cookie clicker game would be more up their alley. The test cluster showed a bigger problem of guns just being hilariously underpowered compared to melee. This will improve that by a little bit and bring those enemy closer to simulacrum'd enemies, which was the reason we even got the mode.

What I hope this change does is that people will not feel pushed to having to buy rivens because I despise those lootbox mods but I'm afraid this boat has sailed long ago.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

Never said I didn't care about what DE does. I just said that most, including DE don't care about the .01%. While that may not seem fair, game makers make games to make money. If you want to talk about what will keep this game alive and try to satisfy the majority of players great. But if you're trying to make the new content something that even 90% of players can't do. You loose.

Every one of you, all of the most knowledgeable players in the game, could quit on the same day. You know what? DE wouldn't care. They wouldn't even notice, unless you happen to know them personally. It would be a loss to the rest of us, but the corporation would live on.

We know all of that, that isn't what we were debating. And I don't consider it selfish to want 1% of the game to not be a pushover.

4 hours ago, sitfesz said:

If you have a set health pool and few occasions to regen in combat while you are trading hp based on good moves and mistakes, it creates difficulty. Not when you can replenish yourself infinitely against hordes of big boss hp pool enemies.

Does this mean DE should sharpen the nerf hammer to make it into another streamline games with set health pool and such to have difficulty?

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

It should be noted, unlike Warframe, those games have mechanical complexity, the numbers game is actually fairly simple (outside of minmaxers) whereas Warframe can be basically "solved" in the arsenal to the point where aiming isn't even needed.

Those games also have the nature of needing to survive fairly telegraphed attacks, which can (and usually must be) avoided, while Warframe has things like Inaros which don't even care about being hit.

It is also noteworthy that Dark Souls only has the health bar as a major factor for bosses, Monster Hunter is also a literal Boss Game so it can't be compared quite the same to a Warframe Bullet Sponge, which often has the A.I. of a toaster.

I'm sure even with the best A.I. or having Skynet to fight us will be pointless when they're killed from 50 meters away without us looking to kill them so what will make difficulty in warframe other than nerfs before changes?

3 hours ago, Klavinmour said:

The enemies in those games are not difficult for their health bars, but because they are on equal par with the player in terms of damage, and that they each have mechanics the player must learn to work around in order to defeat them.

Quite sure they're not on equal par. How many hits do you need to down a boss and how many hits the boss needs to down you?

3 hours ago, nslay said:

You know how Blizzard accomplishes difficulty in Diablo 3? While they do everything Warframe does with inflating HP, armor and damage of enemies... they tie it to a timer.

So yes, the enemies are not actually challenging in their tactics (which is actually invariant to enemy scaling) and are pretty tedious to kill. The "difficulty" is finishing the Greater Rift within 15 minutes. So that's how Blizzard makes bullet sponges "difficult" ... timers.

I'm not saying DE should do this too. But there's one way to stretch dumb AI with inflated EHP to be "difficult" by challenging you to be extremely efficient.

Timed mode nightmare mission modifier in hard mode? Surely people will cry over "being forced to use meta"

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Dark souls Mh and a lot of those other games have “seemingly “ smarter that’s present a higher chance of slaying the player. Higher risk of failure. More or less mechanics for the player to use and or learn (which is good and bad in some instances) and more chopping those games up to just a health bar is far from accurate 

Increased risk? Such as increased damage where even inaros will lose one third of his health from one slap?

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I'm sure even with the best A.I. or having Skynet to fight us will be pointless when they're killed from 50 meters away without us looking to kill them so what will make difficulty in warframe other than nerfs before changes?

I mean we obviously need both.

Bullet Sponges with bad A.I. are just Wolf clones, and the inverse are what you've described.

But numbers as a whole are what's messed up with Warframe, for players and enemies alike.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Does this mean DE should sharpen the nerf hammer to make it into another streamline games with set health pool and such to have difficulty?

Quite sure they're not on equal par. How many hits do you need to down a boss and how many hits the boss needs to down you?

Timed mode nightmare mission modifier in hard mode? Surely people will cry over "being forced to use meta"

Increased risk? Such as increased damage where even inaros will lose one third of his health from one slap?

In response to you yes. Or increased chance to fail it dosent always have to be death 

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Bullet Sponges with bad A.I.

Oh don't worry, I have just some things to make wolf a bit more interesting. Give him vertical movements like jumping slam attack, hammer throw and super jump to close distance with us if we go higher or lower, a short sprint ability and heavy attack that will launch us away if we're hit so wolf becomes an aggressive doomguy instead of bullet sponge with bad A.I., no nerf or change needed

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Oh don't worry, I have just some things to make wolf a bit more interesting. Give him vertical movements like jumping slam attack, hammer throw and super jump to close distance with us if we go higher or lower, a short sprint ability and heavy attack that will launch us away if we're hit so wolf becomes an aggressive doomguy instead of bullet sponge with bad A.I., no nerf or change needed

Get rid of his invincible molotov mooks and standardize the multiple player scaling (which according to some note by DE was part of why he was so over the top tanky for 4 players but a pushover for solos) and I might accept that. Oh and maybe make him not able to invade in Defense/Interception missions so he can't hold the entire mission up.

However those molotov mooks and excessive multiplayer DR were the biggest issues I had with him, the few times I ran into him solo even my casual behind managed to deal with him.

...Still personally would rather not see anything even remotely inspired by that hellspawn though.

I say increase the number of enemies spawning to make up for the lost EHP so the combined EHP of all enemies stays the same. Steel path was fun because it gave actual enemy density. Suddenly rooms were full of enemies, unlike on live build where you sometimes maybe get a whole 3 enemies running together. Only for ground missions though, the archwing missions were horribly boring.

1 hour ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

Same, I missed them, it was one of the few occasions I actually saw enemies manage to reliably tank a shot on my gas opticor vandal without having to overstay for endless modes  (no, eidolons and orb vallis spiders don't count)

although gas is gone, we know have viral, these enemies are also tuned down by so much that they are essentially pushovers. I was hoping to finally see enemies that can actually manage to survive for a little bit.

Its sad how this game has became so easy from what it used to be. Everything dies so easily to the point that I can actually forget I have my dragon keys on because they die regardless I handicap my loadout, the only difficulty is really to missions is really to not fall asleep.

I am always curious how people are complaining about these enemies being tanky. How much EHP do they actually have? Even level 175 CHG with 3.2m ehp can get shred by at least 2 dozen weapons even before using rivens. With rivens, there even exists weapons in game that can shred through lifted officers (9 mil EHP base on level 175, which is further increased via trinity's 1st ability that gives them 10x health)

My test for new weapons when fully modded is killing level 175 CHG in 2secs. If it fails, the weapon is not good. Nox are the other targets I use but those are for my sidearms/melees since I mostly rely on my primary and switch to those for tanky targets.
I'd love to see Steel Path Railjack. That would actually be really cool to play for a veteran.

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Intriguing, do you have a source so I can see who hosted it?

It was in the last Home Stream, so Rebecca and Megan are the source. They also touch on the written feedback they got.

8 hours ago, Nichivo said:

Unless your build is bad, that never happened in warframe. You are either making things harder for yourself, or doing something wrong to achieve those results.

ok challange lets give them 1 billion % health armor and shield  and see if you have a build that kill them under 10 seconds. If not then the part it will never happen in warframe is a lie.

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

I say increase the number of enemies spawning to make up for the lost EHP so the combined EHP of all enemies stays the same. Steel path was fun because it gave actual enemy density. Suddenly rooms were full of enemies, unlike on live build where you sometimes maybe get a whole 3 enemies running together. Only for ground missions though, the archwing missions were horribly boring.

That would not provide enemy density. Doesn't matter how many you spawn if they die instantly. The reason for the density was them not falling over dead instantly. This actually gives enemies a chance to show up before others are put down, which is the resulting appearance of density you are speaking about. It goes back to what someone else mentioned about enemy mechanics not being seen if the enemy never has a chance to use them.

6 minutes ago, Emolition said:

ok challange lets give them 1 billion % health armor and shield  and see if you have a build that kill them under 10 seconds. If not then the part it will never happen in warframe is a lie.

🙄🤣🤡🎪🚭🏝️

Posted (edited)

It wasn't even released yet and people complain about it being too easy.

@OP

You can always remove damage mods from your weapons to get the challenge you seek.

Edited by Prexades
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Regular missions: 300% health/shield/armor down to 250%.

Archwing: 300% health/shield/armor down to 100% (regular) and level increase from +100 down to +50.

I might be misremembering the Archwing changes but I'm pretty sure the regular mission changes are correct. 

Feel free to correct me so I can edit it.

Well the archwing ones makes sense tho........if true archwing missions sucks ash sorry for   the use of words.

18 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

🙄🤣🤡🎪🚭🏝️

This is like that moment when spongebob started swearing and all you hear was dolphin noises.....

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Nichivo:

That would not provide enemy density. Doesn't matter how many you spawn if they die instantly. The reason for the density was them not falling over dead instantly. This actually gives enemies a chance to show up before others are put down, which is the resulting appearance of density you are speaking about. It goes back to what someone else mentioned about enemy mechanics not being seen if the enemy never has a chance to use them.

Would be a lot more fun to have the screen burst into even more damage numbers. Most regular enemies also dont have mechanics. Lancers, crewmen, butchers, moas... none of them have any mechanics to begin with, they just shoot or run at you with their attacks. Those enemies shouldnt be tanky. Something like the nox should be tanky if you dont target the glass.

DE should embrace warframe being basically a dynasty warriors game. Floods of paper thin basic enemies that we war crime our way through and then a select few enemies that are tanky but also have interesting mechanics. The general modifiers are not effective for that purpose.

15 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Most regular enemies also dont have mechanics. Lancers, crewmen, butchers, moas... none of them have any mechanics to begin with, they just shoot or run at you with their attacks.

Actually they have different mechanics like mentioned before you just rarely have  a chance to notice them. Like lancers are more apt to lob grenades when taking cover behind a box. Crewman are fairly generic. Butchers are charging melee, but if they never get to you how would you know, at one time they used glaives and were called sawmen. Moa if you have not noticed will try and flank you. or kick you if they are disarmed. 

The sad thing here is there is more going on that nobody even notices anymore, do to the speed at which things die.

1 minute ago, Nichivo said:

Actually they have different mechanics like mentioned before you just rarely have  a chance to notice them. Like lancers are more apt to lob grenades when taking cover behind a box. Crewman are fairly generic. Butchers are charging melee, but if they never get to you how would you know, at one time they used glaives and were called sawmen. Moa if you have not noticed will try and flank you. or kick you if they are disarmed. 

The sad thing here is there is more going on that nobody even notices anymore, do to the speed at which things die.

You’ve taken my weapons from me now I must charge and kick you- Moa with a vengeance 

saryn  equinox Mesa Octavia ash Ember rhino nezha(you get the point) -HAHAHA 4 GO BRRRRRRRR

vor 1 Minute schrieb Nichivo:

Do you always just pick out one single sentence to respond to? The tactics those enemies use are super shallow. What about my comment about the game being a dynasty warriors game?

• Like 1
Just now, Drachnyn said:

Do you always just pick out one single sentence to respond to? The tactics those enemies use are super shallow. What about my comment about the game being a dynasty warriors game?

Yes and no. Dynasty warriors had at least clear objs. And a flushed out story at least through the each of the games. You could aslo very well fail.

if anything warframe is diablos “special” little snowflake it’s trying and it’s SO CUTE dress up space dollies and grind YAY