Disappointed to hear about Steel Path.

13 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Do you always just pick out one single sentence to respond to? The tactics those enemies use are super shallow. What about my comment about the game being a dynasty warriors game?

No I don't.  I barely even scratched the surface of the differences, and what those enemies do. I have no desire to play Dynasty Warriors. If I did, I would be playing Dynasty Warriors.

Is there some reason why Warframe,  can not be Warframe anymore? 

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Horrible aim by me in the second vid but you can see the dmg chunks from the ones that hit.

So a bullet sponge is taking 4-5 hits now? Is that what you're saying?

You unload several times more than "4-5" hits into a level 30 and a level 60 mob without them dying. How can you not see the sponge that is right infront of you in those two videos. Wolf is the embodyment of a sponge, even more so than Mr. Squarepants.

I'm not surprised, a majority of this playerbase can't really handle anything past Sorties. I watched a clip of a big content creator die to a Frost specter at a Junction with Inaros. It was a trivial fight if you brought Banshee or a handful of other Warframes, Rolling Guard, and like any decently built melee. DE nerfing the enemy level already is honestly better than them nerfing it in a few months like they usually do.

The whole "it restricts builds" nonsense is an excuse to keep the game watered down. The point of good equipment is to be better than previous equipment and provide the right tool for the job. If you try to make "everything viable", you end up in the state we are now where you can basically kill any enemy you see with any setup (as long as it's modded appropriately), and there's no feedback from enemies.

As far as rewards go, those had to be increased anyways as the Steel Path didn't have much interest in being done over. 

• Like 2
Just now, Voltage said:

I'm not surprised, a majority of this playerbase can't really handle anything past Sorties. I watched a clip of a big content creator die to a Frost specter at a Junction with Inaros. It was a trivial fight if you brought Banshee or a handful of other Warframes, Rolling Guard, and like any decently built melee. DE nerfing the enemy level already is honestly better than them nerfing it in a few months like they usually do.

Did he die in the test or in the life game?

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The whole "it restricts builds" nonsense is an excuse to keep the game watered down. The point of good equipment is to be better than previous equipment and provide the right tool for the job. If you try to make "everything viable", you end up in the state we are now where you can basically kill any enemy you see with any setup (as long as it's modded appropriately), and there's no feedback from enemies.

As far as rewards go, those had to be increased anyways as the Steel Path didn't have much interest in being done over. 

6 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Did he die in the test or in the life game?

Keep in mind that a major factor for hard mode was to get those content creators out of the Simulacrum for their videos. So no surprise that it was adjusted to their liking.

That said Voltage, if your thinking of the same clip I saw its been taken down by said content creator. Which I find funny.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Keep in mind that a major factor for hard mode was to get those content creators out of the Simulacrum for their videos. So no surprise that it was adjusted to their liking.

That said Voltage, if your thinking of the same clip I saw its been taken down by said content creator. Which I find funny.

Let's be fully honest, outside of LifeofRio, I can't think of other Warframe streamers that can play the game good.

Tennos, I am seeing an very obnoxious phrase, that is starting to get on my nerves. "It is not hard, you just have to....".

It is not hard to become an Air Force Pilot, you just have to pass all exams.
It is not hard to be a world first mythic raider in WoW, you just have to be really good.
It is not hard to perform a no hit run in Dark Souls, you just have to not get hit.

"The just have to", needs to go. Stop simplifying stuff and start speaking.

Yes, for me hard more would be inertly easy, but I have been playing Warframe for 5 years, and on high gear for at least 2. That does not mean that is is "inertly easy" for everyone, it just means that I have spend enough resources to make it easy for me.

Now the issue with boring is something else all together. I am not dying to pull a level 150 survival, not because it is hard, but because mechanics are out of whack and even if I "win", the end result is meager.

Edited by phoenix1992
vor 41 Minuten schrieb Nichivo:

No I don't.  I barely even scratched the surface of the differences, and what those enemies do. I have no desire to play Dynasty Warriors. If I did, I would be playing Dynasty Warriors.

Is there some reason why Warframe,  can not be Warframe anymore? 

Warframe has been leaning into the dynasty warrior route for a long time.

36 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I agree with most of this except one point. I would rather they have not nerfed it for at least a few days, so I could play through it all prior to the nerf. People keep saying create your own challenge so you do. Like creating a mini game of how long can I last in solo t3 granum void before crumbling. Then boom no longer an option because it boots you when you get the required kills.  

34 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Do you really think it will get them out of the sim? It's much easier to demo something in a controlled environment. There are more reasons they demo things in the SIM other than enemy level.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

I agree with most of this except one point. I would rather they have not nerfed it for at least a few days, so I could play through it all prior to the nerf. People keep saying create your own challenge so you do. Like creating a mini game of how long can I last in solo t3 granum void before crumbling. Then boom no longer an option because it boots you when you get the required kills.  

I agree with you completely; I'm just trying to see the glass half full.

The Granum Void extracting you at the required kills is honestly a good change for the mode to be honest considering how it works.

Edited by Voltage
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Do you really think it will get them out of the sim? It's much easier to demo something in a controlled environment. There are more reasons they demo things in the SIM other than enemy level.

Yes actually. They said as much in the podcast(s), they won't stop using the Simulacrum why would they. Now however they have both and in doing so can show live action and controlled tests.

Edited by Magus_Tahir
3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I agree with you completely; I'm just trying to see the glass half full.

The Granum Void extracting you at the required kills is honestly a good change for the mode to be honest considering how it works.

Yes but it is like other things.. Do I really need it to affect my time in solo mode? If I am solo in a sortie or eso, and want to take all un-leveled items should it really stop me since nobody else is there to bother. I mean if I have to create my own challenge the least they could do is remove those restrictions from the solo mode.

6 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Yes actually. They said as much in the podcast(s), they won't stop using the Simulacrum why would they. Now however they have both and in doing so can show live action and controlled tests.

You will have to pardon me, if I remain skeptical that any of them will take the time to do anything, but the bare minimum of effort required to put out some fast simulacrum weapon, and frame content. Besides there was already game play content out there to begin with, so I am not sure claiming that as the reason there is not more, entirely holds water.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

You will have to pardon me, if I remain skeptical that any of them will take the time to do anything, but the bare minimum of effort required to put out some fast simulacrum weapon, and frame content. Besides there was already game play content out there to begin with, so I am not sure claiming that as the reason there is not more, entirely holds water.

For a broad scope on this. It entirely depends on the content creators audiences for the final nudge in whichever direction those content creators choose to go. Because the idea doesn't need to hold water it just has to float. It's a new thing in WF there is going to be videos, there is going to be content with it. If it's popular they are going to make more of it, and it's that simple. There is a lot of game development resources riding on this so I hope that it gets a fair shake, especially if we want "harder versions" of this in the future. Will find out one way or the other soon enough. 

Edited by Magus_Tahir
3 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

For a broad scope on this. It entirely depends on the content creators audiences for the final nudge in whichever direction those content creators choose to go. Because the idea doesn't need to hold water it just has to float. It's a new thing in WF there is going to be videos, there is going to be content with it. If it's popular they are going to make more of it's that simple. There is a lot of game development resources riding on this so I hope that it gets a fair shake, especially if we want "harder versions" of this in the future. Will find out one way or the other soon enough. 

Well I guess watching more Inaros die to a frost specter would be amusing. I still do not see much of the weapon, and frame stuff coming out of the sim. Not saying there will be no steel path content, there is always content on new things. I just think this will not be the silver bullet that pulls weapon, and frame reviews out of the sim.

I dont really see what the fuzz is about.

If I get what they said correctly this whole debate is over a 50% reduction for the armor/shield scaling, or in reality an effective reduction of 12.5% i.e 1/8, making it go from x4 to x3.5. So it removes some tedium of something that is already not actually challenging. In short the changes shaves off some time.

What is the big deal with that?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, schilds said:

Why are you here if you don't care? Do you get paid to go around telling everyone how insignificant their opinions are?

Do you? You seem to sprout up at every opportunity to do just that. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Nichivo said:

My biggest concern was Steel path difficulty would get nerfed before it released. I was correct.  They reduced the challenge already, before it even released. It's a crying shame to see Hardmode difficulty lowered already.

It also didn't sound like any testers played through it all. Why not? 😦

Not going to hold back. That was the most disappointing stream I have watched, since the excellent stream when hearing we would get a hardmode.

Absolute Cringe. 

Well to answer you tenno i was also scared they would reduce difficulty of it ( we will see how much on the field when its released).

If by testers you mean the tennos from the test server open during a weekend. In that case its quite normal if its supposed to be a challenge we don't want all tenno to be able to clear it easily in 3 days don't you think ? It would kinda defeat the purpose.

I'm still sadden to see some tenno who are asking for a challenge but complain that its forcing them to use meta because its too Hard. Am i the only one who feels like thats non-sense ?

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

Well to answer you tenno i was also scared they would reduce difficulty of it ( we will see how much on the field when its released).

If by testers you mean the tennos from the test server open during a weekend. In that case its quite normal if its supposed to be a challenge we don't want all tenno to be able to clear it easily in 3 days don't you think ? It would kinda defeat the purpose.

I'm still sadden to see some tenno who are asking for a challenge but complain that its forcing them to use meta because its too Hard. Am i the only one who feels like thats non-sense ?

Meta is boring and brain-dead in warframe. Can't you see that Warframe is never a challenging game but just a cheese game? There are better more light years ahead games that do challenge better than Warframe ever could in its lifetime.

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

Meta in WF is most often just cheese that removes the challenge completely, so it is understandable when people dont like to be pushed into meta since it makes the challenge a non-exsistant thing.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Meta in WF is most often just cheese that removes the challenge completely, so it is understandable when people dont like to be pushed into meta since it makes the challenge a non-exsistant thing.

21 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

Meta is boring and brain-dead in warframe. Can't you see that Warframe is never a challenging game but just a cheese game? There are better more light years ahead games that do challenge better than Warframe ever could in its lifetime.

Totally agree with both of you guys. But lets be honest.

The state during Steel path tests was not even close to ask for meta or even cheesing tactics.

All rounders could handle their own without any problem.

The main problem is " I want a challenge" followed up by "Too hard i'm just gonna meta" even if its easy to do without it they just fall back on it.

Asking for tenno to be reduced in any ways of some features and they are gonna ask to not be restricted.

Correct me if i'm wrong but cooldown on pizza of one minute is literally "If you want to cheese this game mode and you still can but less easily please raise your hand" Written all over it.

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1
il y a 2 minutes, SneakyErvin a dit :

Tbf, said meta is apparently non functional in hardmode, according to the people I've talked to. 

So in reality, there is no apparent meta in hardmode. It'll probably take some time when the entire playerbase plays it for a meta to become more apparent.

*Bastille intensifies*

14 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Totally agree with both of you guys. But lets be honest.

The state during Steel path tests was not even close to ask for meta or even cheesing tactics.

All rounders could handle their own without any problem.

The main problem is " I want a challenge" followed up by "Too hard i'm just gonna meta" even if its easy to do without it they just fall back on it.

Asking for tenno to be reduced in any ways of some features and they are gonna ask to not be restricted.

Correct me if i'm wrong but cooldown on pizza of one minute is literally "If you want to cheese this game mode and you still can but less easily please raise your hand" Written all over it.

Well yeah, if something doesnt require meta and people use it eitherway and claims they are forced into it I can see the hypocrisy. I was more implying that if a mode actually forces meta then people are right on when they complain about it.

I think that is why they should try to diversify enemies so it comes down more to your approach instead of the frame. Add weakspots to enemies in harder content and people will suddenly have to aim again. Add units that screw up your monotonous button spam and force you to take them out first. Things that can be done without forcing us to stack armor or shield removal, or run around with unkillable frames due to too much enemy damage output etc.

I dont think steel path will need much meta though. It will probably be more of the old reliable, maybe with the addition of bringing magnetic and toxin to corpus missions.

Posted (edited)

Forum players: eww enemies are getting nerfed in Steel Path. This is unacceptable!

meanwhile: The initial version of Steel Path had these modifiers.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/427117144388665354/726783247693906208/unknown.png

Sortie armor/shield modifiers are +300% i.e. 4x. https://i.imgur.com/MNUWTtZ.png

After the changes: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528678212322983976/728519516211904533/unknown.png

So now enemies have 3.5x Health, 3.5x Armor, and 3.5x Shield. That's an overall buff to EHP, despite the small loss to the armor and shield modifiers.
Its a gain of about 50% to EHP for armored enemies, and a gain of about 15% for shielded enemies as compared the original modifiers on Steel Path.

And yes Archwing has the modifiers removed completely, but archwing is a just a few missions with few players.

Edited by (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom
  • Like 1