Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Automatic Melee Charging And Other Melee Issues

RyojinOrion

I've noticed quite often while playing... When I use my melee weapon, it sometimes performs a charge attack without me actually holding down the melee button. This happens with two of my keyboards and my controller, and on two different computers, so it isn't a hardware fault. Most of the time it isn't a big deal, but it stops me from doing normal swings, and I can't shoot while it is doing the attack, so it can be frustrating when it happens when surrounded by enemies and you need to make a getaway.

I've also had problems with the sheathing animation for melee. Sometimes I find myself forced to sheath my blade before being able to do anything else but move around. It is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes it forces me to do the sheathing animation, and sometimes it doesn't... I've noticed, though, that it happens most often when I do a ground slam and then follow up with a normal swing.

Finally, the infamous 'can't use melee' bug. It seems to be caused by getting knocked down, and is fixed by getting knocked down again. Isn't that a good place to start looking for ways to finally fix this issue?I understand that programming isn't easy, and that bugs can be hard to fix, but this one has been around since I first started playing half a year ago.

I've noticed quite often while playing... When I use my melee weapon, it sometimes performs a charge attack without me actually holding down the melee button. This happens with two of my keyboards and my controller, and on two different computers, so it isn't a hardware fault. Most of the time it isn't a big deal, but it stops me from doing normal swings, and I can't shoot while it is doing the attack, so it can be frustrating when it happens when surrounded by enemies and you need to make a getaway.

I'd just like to note that this was NOT fixed in the latest update, even though the notes say something about a fix for getting stuck in the charge animation.