Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator gender should be

14 minutes ago, (PS4)xBellikx said:

Yeah, in like two years from now.

As for the issue at hand, I really really doubt DE will explicitly change it to a switch button, because if they do that then a certain crowd of people will assume DE thinks there's only 2 genders, and that, dude, would be a PR nightmare for them.

There's already a male/female gender toggle, it's just hidden behind male/female faces. Allowing female faces on male bodies and vice versa would be considerably less binary then what we have. 

And seriously, citing strawmanned theoretical outrage really doesn't do anybody any favors.

hace 1 minuto, rapt0rman dijo:

There's already a male/female gender toggle, it's just hidden behind male/female faces. Allowing female faces on male bodies and vice versa would be considerably less binary then what we have. 

And seriously, citing strawmanned theoretical outrage really doesn't do anybody any favors.

That's the thing, it is there but it isn't shown explicitly, so people can change between those without going through "female" and "male" words popping up every time you change your operator's looks.

Also, strawmanned? really? do you really think that if implemented, people wouldn't overreact to this change like they always do? and I don't mean specifically WF's player base, I mean human being as a whole, in this day and age.

I was just stating a reason why it wouldn't make sense for DE to change it.

Also

hace 8 minutos, rapt0rman dijo:

Allowing female faces on male bodies and vice versa would be considerably less binary then what we have. 

Now this would be a neat feature to have, along with the body slider someone else brought up, but i reckon that would be too complicated for them to implement, guess we'll have to wait for duviri then, damn, I wish they didn't put out the reveal trailer so #*!%ing soon, or even mention it at all.

10 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Isn't Z-kid gender determined entirely by voice pack? I thought you could have any body feature mixed with any voice

You can have either body with any voice, but the face type determines the body type.

21 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Operator gender should be decided by player and not related to facial features

DE should just add a little slider to let player decide has masculine or feminine features despite the look of his face or his voice

I think that's just easy and simple and wouldn't harm anyone sensitivity

We already have this.  

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

We already have this.  

We have half of it.

10 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

You can have either body with any voice, but the face type determines the body type.

There is a slider that could potentially do the job, but your secondary face can only choose from the same gendered faces as your primary.

If i could choose, the operator would either die or transcend humanity. I don't even care if they would become some energy being or an eldritch abomination, as long as it isn't human. Then gender wouldn't matter, which would be the worst thing ever for some people of course. It's not going to happen but would be great.

The idea that there should be some form of slider or button to choose which preferred body type we have is a fantastic idea for Operators. Complaining about more choice for customization is just silly.

You should be given the option to pick which type of body you prefer, without it being tied to the face system.

The face system too could be vastly improved. More customization please.

And those who say it'll create an uproar, this I don't understand. If DE were to do this, it would create an increase in player choice on their physical appearance. They'd be crying out against getting more control over how they look. I don't understand people sometimes.

I miss video games just being video games, this type of feature should be so low on the totem pole of priorities on what's important to develop for WF right now. Agree with other comments, baited topic. It's not that I don't agree, it's juat not that important w everything else lined up in the game. If it's a quick fix, implement. Hopefully it doesn't blow up into an absolute black hole of discussion and triggers. So exhausted w these topics trying to belly up something positive otherwise.

Dam it I knew I forgot the popcorn when I first posted in this topic... ever since then it should of shown how this was going to be turned into a Political S*** Show.

some people like me, don’t care about matters like that because this is a game, since it is a game it should be something that relaxes you. Real life bulls*** like that should be left out of this game.

On 2020-07-05 at 1:52 AM, Firedtm said:

Dam it I knew I forgot the popcorn when I first posted in this topic... ever since then it should of shown how this was going to be turned into a Political S*** Show.

some people like me, don’t care about matters like that because this is a game, since it is a game it should be something that relaxes you. Real life bulls*** like that should be left out of this game.

Surely politics should be left out, no problem should rise up for a cosmetic option, which is the only thing I aksed for, and not for politic reasons, but because of, you know...the sake of option

Who gives a S#&$ if a video game character is male or female, it's a video game. 

If you need a video game to reinforce you ideals about gender equality or being accepted you need to leave and go protest somewhere or something else. 

Games are for fun 

Not for pushing personal opinions

It's not real, there aren't really space ninja robot suits running round killing masses of cloned evil soldiers so why should we have to think about something like gender in a completely fake and story driven VIDEO Game. 

Save your gender acceptance issues for the real life

On 2020-07-03 at 5:40 AM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

the look of his face or his voice

You do realize that there are other genders, right? Shouldn't they have been acknowledged in your request? 

Also 

On 2020-07-03 at 5:40 AM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I think that's just easy and simple

Great, easy and simple! How many of those systems have you created, what programming languages did you create them in, and are you able to provide your expertise in the programming of such a system? 

3 hours ago, (PS4)hypo_thallamus said:

Who gives a S#&$ if a video game character is male or female, it's a video game. 

If you need a video game to reinforce you ideals about gender equality or being accepted you need to leave and go protest somewhere or something else. 

Games are for fun 

It's not real, there aren't really space ninja robot suits running round killing masses of cloned evil soldiers so why should we have to think about something like gender in a completely fake and story driven VIDEO Game. 

nRcuON6.gif

5 hours ago, (PS4)hypo_thallamus said:

Games are for fun 

Imagine if every game you played involved your character being a fixed someone who wasn't ever your skin colour or your gender, or customisable without any way to change the appearance to your colour or your gender.  Would you be having fun then?  Statements about people having gender acceptance issues highlight innate prejudice, or just a lack of empathy.   You can only say you don't care because you're not affected.  If you were affected, you'd soon start caring.  Maybe I'm wrong and you're a black transexual who genuinely doesn't think there's a representation problem in society, but your words suggest otherwise.

Arguments about it not being real are fallacious in the extreme, whatever space ninja robot stuff is going on there are still people, and people come in all shapes and sizes.  This is the kind of argument you hear when pointing out consistency flaws in sci-fi or fantasy movies.

Also, the hypocrisy about pushing personal opinions.  Just wow.

Maybe you just think of games as your haven, and don't want them invaded by people with 'issues'.  That is the problem, having representation of these things should be normal, you shouldn't care about it and certainly shouldn't see it as ruining your fun any more than any other customisation options.

Archived