Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote to kick players

Just now, ES-Flinter said:

Only if you have the luck to get into a mission with tree trolls/ elitist. 

We are talking about a vote-option where everyone has to agree, right?

FFXIV 4 man teams have already proven this can be abused easily, and is regularly. You underestimate the number of trolls on the internet.

Just now, Magus_Tahir said:

FFXIV 4 man teams have already proven this can be abused easily, and is regularly.

Can confirm, I once got kicked from a party for playing Scholar, the first thing I see in the chat is "Ew a Sch" and before too long I got kicked.

Imagine how many people would just kick things like Limbo in Warframe on sight.

Or you can just extract and find a new match? Vote kick would be bad for the game, many people would abuse that, oh look a noob in my squad? Vote kick! lol i don't like that warframe vote kick! We don't need this kind of toxicity in our community. Leech is bad but be kicked for no reason is worst, so NO thanks.

il y a 24 minutes, ES-Flinter a dit :

Only if you have the luck to get into a mission with tree trolls/ elitist. 

We are talking about a vote-option where everyone has to agree, right?

You have a very high opinion of warframe players.

Its not safe.

55 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Can confirm, I once got kicked from a party for playing Scholar, the first thing I see in the chat is "Ew a Sch" and before too long I got kicked.

Imagine how many people would just kick things like Limbo in Warframe on sight.

All i have seen in FFXIV is that there are three friends/FC members covering each other so that you can't kick them when they AFK and watch netflix. I assume they do one dungeon while one does nothing, then in the next dungeon it's someone else and so on. So yeah, useless.

To the OP and most people who still don't get it, i will just simplify this again: you want the kick option because people are A******s while at the same time you can't have it because it would be abused by A******s. Hilarious.

Only allow vote kick to prompt after the player becomes afk (which the system will inform the teammates of), and vote kick outside of missions (as the regular host of one or two friends i HATE having to reform the team every time the pug doesn't leave immediately).

Obviously non afk trolls will be an issue, but they'll just have to be reported. There's no other way to avoid vote kick from being exploited against every non meta frame or non max MR player in any given content. 

If I end up in a mission with a player that I very particularly don't want to play with (for whatever reason,) then instead of pausing the mission for everyone else to call attention to a problem that is likely only mine and not a bother to anyone else, I'd probably decide to leave the mission and restart without the 'problem.'

To wit, this horse has been dead for a long time now and you're no necromancer.

16 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

If I end up in a mission with a player that I very particularly don't want to play with (for whatever reason,) then instead of pausing the mission for everyone else to call attention to a problem that is likely only mine and not a bother to anyone else, I'd probably decide to leave the mission and restart without the 'problem.'

To wit, this horse has been dead for a long time now and you're no necromancer.

This is the answer, by doing this you basically leave without telling them that you don't like them or want to communicate with them.

Ah yes...

This is definitely a bad idea at this point. Im sure that some people would find it hilarious to play stuff like long survivals and other endless missions only to kick one or two of the players right at the end for instance, screwing them out of their rewards. Or if you show up and someone gets pissed because you nuke stuff with <insert nuke frame here>. Hell i could see eidolon teams doing it, like kicking everyone that enters that doesn't have a chroma prime with a rubico prime or whatever meta stuff they want for their team.

That always comes from people that haven't seen this system in wide usage.

Let's crunch some issues!

Neutral :

Kicking the host - cause everyone loves host migrations.
Squad size - you can't have 3 people kick like in MMORPGS, due to the fact that it is 4 man squad.

Pretty common issues from other games :
Just accepting a kick vote because it is faster than arguing it
Premade bullying
No safe guard.

Bottom line  : Maybe fix the anti afk system and push people towards not being aholes. 

You clearly haven't played enough games that has a votekick mechanic, so I'll share some of my experience:

FPS games:

Spoiler
  1. You're in a non-game winning 1v1 situation where 7 other pairs of eyes are watching your every movement. You die and lose the round. Guess what happens next.
  2. Your K/D goes below 1. Guess what happens.
  3. The top player feels like abusing his position to kick a random player for no reason. The sheep open the score screen and vote yes because top player must know it best.

RPG games:

Spoiler
  1. You rolled on a non-tank or non-healer item, but the healer or the tank rolled on that item too, and you won. Guess what happens next.
  2. Your DPS is below average, and while despite you're in a non-endgame dungeon to get better items to fix your damage, you're paired with endgamers who votekick the S#&amp;&#036; out of you.
  3. Your team member's GF or BF S#&amp;&#036;talks you, so you S#&amp;&#036;talk back, while they have a simp to back them up too. Guess what happens.

And here's what would happen in Warframe:

Spoiler
  • Someone doesn't like your ping
  • Someone gets pissed because you misplaced a frost bubble
  • Someone votekicks because you didn't run to ress on the other side of the map
  • Someone votekicks because they don't like your frame or weapon
  • Someone votekicks because they are high/drunk as #*!%, which is becoming more and more common these days

Moral of the story OP, with people like these, democracy doesn't work.

vote kick is a double edged sword, imagine the amount of bad players and afkers it can remove from the match. sure pubs could get more toxic but there is always recruit chat if you want a squad to match your playstyle or even play solo. it sucks to be paired with bad ping players or afkers or a trinity who doesn't heal 

Archived