Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

But I thought "Xoris shouldn't be the only right answer"?

Spawns in the granum void are miserable.  I kill the specters very easily, kill speed per target is not an issue at all, but if I choose not to bring this stupid frisbee along so that I can get extra time from freeing prisoners (where the only answer to freeing them is the Xoris.) then I have a 50% fail rate for the void due entirely to the absolute joke of a spawn rate for specters.  I have tried staying where I spawn so that the fragile spawn coding doesn't break, I have tried moving to various recommended spots to help force spawn, I have tried roaming the map to look for what has spawned, I've tried all these things solo, I've tried them in groups.  The groups have tried staying together, and splitting apart, and everything else under the sun.  When it works, it's VERY tight on time.  Otherwise we're only hitting rank 2 and the entire venture was a complete waste of time.  Making this even better is that DE managed to solve abort farming by introducing a coin system and not letting you have the coin until usually pretty late in the mission.  You will fail and you will still complete the mission.

The only answer to the new game mode is one specific weapon.  They may as well require I bring a goddamn Arcata into the mission with me, since my loadout slot for melee is getting eaten by a weapon that you are nerfing that I didn't like to begin with.  

To top off the fact that I have to bring my Arcata glaive into the mini-mode with me if I want to farm Protea:  The Granum Void is one of the most lackluster additions I've ever seen added in the years I've been playing.  Once again, the art team is the only team that seemed to do their job.  What even is this?  At it's most meta, with the Xoris and Mesa, it's as boring as it can be.  If you try to do it literally any other way than with the Xoris, it's frustrating to the point of making me want to quit playing purely due to the garbage spawn rates and the fact that my success is tied to your spaghetti code.

This update was basically a teaser trailer's worth of lore, a 30 minute quest, and a game mode built around a frisbee that you are about to nerf into the dirt.  I like everything outside of that, but the most hyped parts of this are severely lacking.

I have no idea what are you doing there but solo mesa without the xoris is more than enough. I always got all of them and I just run next to the building and started shooting, nothing to shoot, picked up those orange piramaids they drop because it gives time, repeat.
I only "failed"(got 2 rewards instead of 3) because I run out of energy because I was doing a sabotage mission and one of those magnetic fields spawn on me during I was going in.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

If you try to do it literally any other way than with the Xoris, it's frustrating to the point of making me want to quit playing purely due to the garbage spawn rates and the fact that my success is tied to your spaghetti code.

Octavia makes it extremely simple.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's always the same people [DE]fending the game

You seem to know me. Then you should know that 80% of my posts are "against" DE's generell policy.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

as though I don't know what enemy radar is or that the lack of spawn is somehow my fault.

I see all of the enemies and can kill them right on the spot. So yes, it is a you problem. I never failed a single Granum Void. I would even show you proof if there was something on my profile

17 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Octavia makes it extremely simple.

more like she completely invalidates the entire minigame because the spectres just suicide themselves for her.

Spawns are all weird and inconsistent in granum void and I fail a lot because of it too. 3 people seems to be the perfect amount to force the spawns to behave properly.

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I see all of the enemies and can kill them right on the spot. So yes, it is a you problem. I never failed a single Granum Void. I would even show you proof if there was something on my profile

Can also verify, I had no issues with spawns. 

16 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Once again, the art team is the only team that seemed to do their job.

Hey now. The sound team does great work as well.

And I agree with you here - I haven't even tried to get any of the new stuff both because of the xoris requirement (no, I'm not leaving my melee weapon at home) and also because treasurers are defective and only take 1/100 of the damage that they should. I don't touch BS.

17 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

latest?cb=20171007150243latest?cb=20180624165105latest?cb=20171007154850

Ah yes a temporary bandaid to the problem. I dislike Granum Void because it forces you to use this glaive to even have a chance to reach 3 Star rewards. Unless you use that overrated cowgirl warframe.

14 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Ah yes a temporary bandaid to the problem. I dislike Granum Void because it forces you to use this glaive to even have a chance to reach 3 Star rewards. Unless you use that overrated cowgirl warframe.

It's not even a bandaid because it's not finding them that's the issue, it's them spawning in the first place.  That person just wanted to be a smartass.  Every companion I have is running primed animal instinct, the issue was NOT finding the specters.  Like I said, if they would learn to read, I tried literally everything to get spawn rate high enough to reliably complete the objective within the base time limit, including going and looking for the specters with enemy radar on my companion.  It's the same issue that happens with fissure missions not spawning corrupted when the squad doesn't have 10 reactant, excavation not spawning cell carriers, and survival not spawning enough enemies to keep life support up.  The spawn in this game breaks, and everyone knows it, but certain people would rather bury their heads in the sand and scream about how perfect DE is than try to get them to fix anything.  My spawns were screwing up half the time and I could not reliably hit the third reward tier, based entirely on a lack of spawn.  I use past tense there because I finally got my last piece from that mode and I do not plan on ever voluntarily visiting it again.  If I'm in a pub squad that opens a rift, I'll just wait patiently by extraction until they get done.  #*!% the Granum Void.

On 2020-07-03 at 10:27 AM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's always the same people [DE]fending the game.  Good of you people to come in and be condescending

Aren't you the same guy that introduced yourself as being my "mathematical superior" to tell me that I was an idiot for saying that the Shedu wasn't a crit weapon?

You can't get more condescending than that.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. My bad, I'm sorry.

29 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

Aren't you the same guy that introduced yourself as being my "mathematical superior" to tell me that I was an idiot for saying that the Shedu wasn't a crit weapon?

You can't get more condescending than that.

That was Vitalis_Inamorta (discussing the Basmu, not the Shedu). 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178849-basmu-is-awful-please-buff/

9 minutes ago, OmegaVoid said:

Whoops! My mistake. That's actually kind of embarrassing...

To think I was seeing one name and thinking of another this whole time, I'm sorry >.< . Not only that, but I even got the topic wrong too.

5 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Whoops! My mistake. That's actually kind of embarrassing...

To think I was seeing one name and thinking of another this whole time, I'm sorry >.< . Not only that, but I even got the topic wrong too.

What makes this funnier is that I actually have an old thread around here somewhere asking why people don't like the Basmu, because I think it's solid.  I also run crit mods on it, and have a cc/cd riven for it.

On 2020-07-03 at 7:32 PM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

the new game mode

Its not a "new game mode" actually.

Its a part of the "quest"....Most likely, you will never play it again after you get what you want. Its droptable is not some evergreen sht.

And that is why it nearly requires "quest item" Xoris that can also be used as a quite decent weapon.  Its just like Paracesis. 

Honestly, its much better than Infested Salvage Nidus farm.  More rewards, less time wasted. 

There's definitively a problem with the enemy spawns in the granuum void. As someone that played the PC first version of the gamemode and that found it a fun activity you could play with pretty much any of my favorite frames and win, when I got the PS4 version and I had to redo it, me and everybody I knew noticed it was pretty much impossible to finish the quota before the timer expired, not because we weren't fast enough to kill the enemies, but because there were simply not enough enemies for a group and the pyramid spawns seem much less / far away the more players you have in game.

• In solo it's mostly fine, especially if you use mesa and you pace your killing and kill only enemies relatively close so you can see their pyramids.
  • In two player we pretty much always failed, because you end up with no enemies spawning after a while and the timer runs out.
  • With three players, you usually fail since the increased quota can't be met due to having the same amount of enemies spawning but requiring more specters.
  • With four players, you fail like 60% of the time, the minute there's one or two players that are slower at killing you can't make the quota.

The tight quota is particularly frustrating for random groups, since you usually get matched with random players with builds that can't really do this and you can't exactly carry the whole team and get 150 kills on your own.

Archived