Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change the two Teshin Helmets into separate purchases

iLightning13

Just LOOK at the difference between the two.

My operator's a bloke. I will not be changing the sex of my operator for the sake of armour - mainly because Heron is the only voice I find palatable. The male Dax helmet looks crap in comparison to the one for females.

In fact, everything about the male armour looks crap in comparison.

Please consider splitting the two armour sets (or the helmets at the VERY LEAST) into separate purchases, with each one working on both sexes.

If that's not on the cards, please consider putting the female arms, legs, and helmet on the male variant. A reworked version of the chest, too. I don't want my 14-year old operator having a wee beer belly.

(A picture of you vs. the Dax she told you not to worry about, in case any of you haven't seen it yet)

p8B3bff.png

3 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Yeah, I kinda wanted the flat-top on my female operator.

That's fair.

Just in case anybody feels the same as you and decides to have a go at me: I'm not trying to say "reee this ObJeCtIvElY helmet is better than that helmet", as both have their own styles.

The male Dax helmet is good, I just prefer the female one. My original post was likely very harsh on the male helmet, though I stand by my other criticisms  - especially the beer belly and clear evidence that Heron needs more calf days.

I just happen to believe that gating two very stylistically different armour sets by sex is a poor implementation of this. If players with a female operator would like the male style Dax armour to cross over I fully agree with that perspective. I would actually be interested in mixing and matching, as the wide sleeves of the male operator, combined with an adapted (in other words, without the very obviously breasty breastplate) female chest piece, the female legs and a helmet of your choice would look very good.

I'm honestly hoping that this isn't a "This is the male set, and this is the female set!" situation. The two sets look way too different to just be male/female versions. I very much prefer the aesthetic of the one on the right, so I'm hoping that equipping it as a male just changes the "titty armor" aspect of the chest piece.

45 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I'm honestly hoping that this isn't a "This is the male set, and this is the female set!" situation. The two sets look way too different to just be male/female versions. I very much prefer the aesthetic of the one on the right, so I'm hoping that equipping it as a male just changes the "titty armor" aspect of the chest piece.

A few minutes further in the stream, they show Teshin's Steel Path offerings. It only contained 4 armour purchases - one helmet, arms, legs and chest, unfortunately. Currently they're the same set of armour, unless they were yet to add the different style to the market in their build.

On 2020-07-03 at 4:34 PM, iLightning13 said:

A few minutes further in the stream, they show Teshin's Steel Path offerings. It only contained 4 armour purchases - one helmet, arms, legs and chest, unfortunately. Currently they're the same set of armour, unless they were yet to add the different style to the market in their build.

Which... is totally weird to me. They've never had a gender split on item offerings like that before, and certainly not with such a HUGE aesthetic difference. Not on frames OR operators.

Archived