Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Liches: full murmurs in relation to anger

Biwadup

In this post will I share some thoughts on the Kuva Liches. A general positive opinion mostly but also criticism. Who am I to give this opionion and criticism? I have defeated 150+ liches. I say this not to brag, but in the hope of some respect to my thoughts. 

Firstly: the good. Contrary to many, I enjoy the lich content for the most part. It offers a unique way to farm some of the stronger weapons in the game and on top of that you get to choose an extra element on any of the weapons to suit to your playstyle.  Next to that, for me, a player with over 2500 hours in-game, it was and sometimes still is a fun way to re-discover a tileset, planet, mission type,... that I had forgotten about or abandoned. It offers something to do that doesn't feel pointless. I get to work towards a goal, which by now has turned into upgrading all of the kuva weapons to the 60% value of the element(s) I want on them. 

Secondly: the not so good. Needless to say that the frustration can run quite high when you keep guessing the wrong requiem mod but, well, that's rng for you. It gets compensated to some extent with the abundance of murmur that is rewarded upon guessing one right prior to the revelation of that requiem mod. The 'not so good' I would like to talk about here is the following. Sometimes, more than we all would like, the Lich takes a long time to actually spawn in a mission. Then it happens again on the next rank of the same Lich,... Before you know it, you have filled all of your murmurs and have all the requiem mods revealed, but your Lich is only rank three or four. On top of that, the chance of guessing the order of the mods correctly at that stage is quite small. So what happens? At rank three/four in the enraged state the lich finally becomes very likely to spawn and when it does, you try your parazon on it but you guess wrong. So you get to the next rank of your Lich, rank four or five respectively in my example from earlier. Fine, except for one very big annoyance here: The lich is at the indifferent or in the early annoyed state again, with all requim mods known! So now you have to run more missions to build up an anger meter by killing more thralls pointlessly. That part is the single most frustrating and annoying thing. Why would you have to make the lich more angry when you have already farmed all of the thralls that are needed to reveal its requiem mods? To stress this part more: you're just running what feels like endless and pointless missions at that point.

Lastly: the possible solution. When all three murmurs have been filled, a lich should no longer lose anger after using the parazon on it, like it does at rank 5. That should solve the problem mentioned above except for one thing. People could leech the murmur that is gained for guessing wrongly. To stop that from happening, and what also makes sense to me, is that a lich that has all requiem mods revealed should no longer give those bonus thralls when attempting to parazon it. That, because again, all murmurs have been filled.

A small last note, a bit unrelated: It'd be nice to receive a sum of kuva for converting or killing the Lich. Not just recover what has been stolen by it. 

I hope this is received well and if someone wants to give criticism, please do so well founded.

Archived