Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boy. Sure was nice of DE to break alliance chat so nobody can be kicked from chat for anything.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

I'm in an alliance of almost 4,000 people and none of the mods (including me) can kick anyone from the chat. This has been going on since the deadlock protocol update. And now the mods are watching a few people have a contest to see who can spam the most N bombs. Great. Way to test your S#&$ DE. 

That sounds awful but you could still report these people in game i think. Doesnt help now but maybe if DE wants to keep their 0 tolerance promise some people could hopefully find themselves banned in the near future. 

Also have you posted this in bug reports?

14 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I'm in an alliance of almost 4,000 people and none of the mods (including me) can kick anyone from the chat. This has been going on since the deadlock protocol update. And now the mods are watching a few people have a contest to see who can spam the most N bombs. Great. Way to test your S#&$ DE. 

Alliance chat is stupid and can be replaced by clan chat and as for clan chat you can always kick members out why even bother trying to school a 4000 people clan chat when you have better options like discord chat?

14 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

That sounds awful but you could still report these people in game i think. Doesnt help now but maybe if DE wants to keep their 0 tolerance promise some people could hopefully find themselves banned in the near future. 

Also have you posted this in bug reports?

I submitted a ticket a few days ago. We're trying to send reports as necessary for things like N bombs but its a S#&$show.

10 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

Alliance chat is stupid and can be replaced by clan chat and as for clan chat you can always kick members out why even bother trying to school a 4000 people clan chat when you have better options like discord chat?

if you remove somebody from the clan without banning them from chat they will remain lingering in chat until they decide to log off. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

if you remove somebody from the clan without banning them from chat they will remain lingering in chat until they decide to log off. 

Why is why I feel alliance chat is stupid. Try to convince the clan leaders to switch to discord and it's easier to manage 4000 people there. You also get moderator tools there that Warframe chat is lacking.

1 minute ago, kevoisvevo said:

Why is why I feel alliance chat is stupid. Try to convince the clan leaders to switch to discord and it's easier to manage 4000 people there. You also get moderator tools there that Warframe chat is lacking.

Console players aren't so tied to discord as PC players are. Alliance chat gets used a lot in some of the alliances I have been in. 

The alliance leader should just kick the entire clan they're in from the alliance. If the clan leader contacted a mod about it they'd have a chat about their members who caused their clan to be removed and if they didn't contact a mod - good riddance.

you're welcome love GIF

Quality over quantity, my dude.

Damn... I am part of a relatively busy alliance, but never more than few dozen people on at a time. Sometimes there's a small-scale fuss but moderators take care of it and everyone is respectful overall. So luckily we don't have this issue, at least yet.

I do hope they don't hear about this, since it might stirr the alliance up once they hear mods are limited in their power.

4 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I do not recall this happening during the PC launch so it could very well be something that popped up console specific or just the console build in general best you can do is report and avoid the channel. Not everything can be tested for inhouse, and keep in mind this made it past console certification so not even Microsoft's own QA team caught it. It will get fixed there is both history and precedent to confirm that.

That said, report the individuals, put them on ignore, and tell their clan leaders if there is language that violates the chat policy's being thrown around. How people interact with each other is completely up to their own moral character, if individuals or groups can act with impunity free of consequence well now you see the result. Look at it this way, short term annoyance to find people you would rather not associate with. 

Lastly after some cursory research on the topic I have come across this so you may want to double check what moderation privileges you have.

"clan chat moderation an alliance chat moderation are abit different as the creator of the alliance has to give rights to other clans to have those with chat mod power to work in the alliance chat.

clan doesnt have alliance chat mod power = you cant moderate chat
clan with alliance chat mod power = you can moderate the chat"

Oddly enough my question is if this is a 4,000 strong Alliance why more haven't come to report the bug? I would recommend inquiring with the Clan that founded the Alliance if they changed any of the privileges recently.

On 2020-07-03 at 11:48 PM, Magus_Tahir said:

I do not recall this happening during the PC launch so it could very well be something that popped up console specific or just the console build in general best you can do is report and avoid the channel. Not everything can be tested for inhouse, and keep in mind this made it past console certification so not even Microsoft's own QA team caught it. It will get fixed there is both history and precedent to confirm that.

That said, report the individuals, put them on ignore, and tell their clan leaders if there is language that violates the chat policy's being thrown around. How people interact with each other is completely up to their own moral character, if individuals or groups can act with impunity free of consequence well now you see the result. Look at it this way, short term annoyance to find people you would rather not associate with. 

Lastly after some cursory research on the topic I have come across this so you may want to double check what moderation privileges you have.

"clan chat moderation an alliance chat moderation are abit different as the creator of the alliance has to give rights to other clans to have those with chat mod power to work in the alliance chat.

clan doesnt have alliance chat mod power = you cant moderate chat
clan with alliance chat mod power = you can moderate the chat"

Oddly enough my question is if this is a 4,000 strong Alliance why more haven't come to report the bug? I would recommend inquiring with the Clan that founded the Alliance if they changed any of the privileges recently.

I got a response from de. Its a known issue. And they linked me to the xbox one update notes and told me to keep an eye on that forum for news. Meaning, it likely won't be fixed for awhile. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I got a response from de. Its a known issue. And they linked me to the xbox one update notes and told me to keep an eye on that forum for news. Meaning, it likely won't be fixed for awhile. 

Well not exactly the great answer you were after, but at least it's on their list. Hang in there!

While we have very few issues in our alliance and clan - This can be a big mess if people know and wished to take advantage of it as explained. I do not believe there even is a work around for it that I know of at this point unless the angry person leaves the clan in the alliance then they will get removed once they move to a new session. That said we had someone camp in alliance once because if you do not kick from alliance first and and you kick from clan first we have seen that person stay active in alliance till they move sessions. This person stayed in the session and the onslought began. The kick from clan had to expire because they are removed from the clan list upon the kick.

6 hours ago, (XB1)BURZYCKI said:

While we have very few issues in our alliance and clan - This can be a big mess if people know and wished to take advantage of it as explained. I do not believe there even is a work around for it that I know of at this point unless the angry person leaves the clan in the alliance then they will get removed once they move to a new session. That said we had someone camp in alliance once because if you do not kick from alliance first and and you kick from clan first we have seen that person stay active in alliance till they move sessions. This person stayed in the session and the onslought began. The kick from clan had to expire because they are removed from the clan list upon the kick.

Yeah. So. There is no workaround. If someone is removed from their clan before being booted from both chats they won't be ejected from the chat until they relog. I feel like it would be relatively simple to make removing them from the clan also remove them from the chat but whatever. 

As of right now if somebody is being deliberately toxic in chat there isn't anything you can do other than submit a report to DE.

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Yea, I mean, what kind of person is offended by the N-word, amirite?? Total crybaby.

Thank you. 

On 2020-07-03 at 11:22 PM, (NSW)JJA209 said:

You sound sensitive 

I'm really not but I dont want to see a few people single handedly turn the alliance chat into a S#&$show.

Well broken it is then sadly  - Honestly I would love to see just a few more options in chat as a long time Warlord - Like color coded chat mods and warlords as an option, as this can be painful in two ways and I would like to see profile in the menu get brought back, no idea why its gone, and a "view contributions" option for mgmt to determine if a member is worth their salt in the clan for evaluating issues and problems in chat for kicks or clan removals.

But I would love to see a lot of things and right now would just be happy if this was fixed. I know many clans that need to use this feature daily, thankfully I am not in that boat but have been in the past and a seeming non response from admins because it is broken makes the entire clan or alliance seem non responsive to issues and you will lose members because of that inaction. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, (XB1)BURZYCKI said:

Any updates on this or are we good now?

Its good now. But the issue where someone can be expelled from their clan and still persist in alliance chat, still exists. Make sure your guys and gals know to ban them from both chats before removing them from your clan and you'll be fine. 

Archived