Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard Mode: Remove bullet jump... Imagine that...

SerphV

I was recently playing with a returning founder friend who was away from the game for a long time.

And so you can guess, she doesnt know how to bullet jump, and me who didnt want to spoil and kill everything tagged behind her.

I realised suddenly that WF became a totally different game...

It became harder and kinda more fun because:

1) i cannot rush into those hoards of enemies and melee them;

2) i cannot escape them that easily; thus all the melee blocking became very vital at some point;

3) i need to kill all/most of them so that i have a route to backtrack/escape to if needed;

4) The pace of the game was slower instead of rushing and killing everything, i got to enjoy everything like the level design and environment;

5) It became more vital to know where ur teammates and rescue targets are as going to revive them became harder;

6) All mission types save Extermination and Sabotage will become harder as it will be more vital and harder to get to ur target to save or revive them;

Maybe hard mode could add on something like that also... And you should really try it sometime to not do any bullet jump... Its feels really different...

TLDR: WF feels different and harder if you cannot do bullet jump... Try it...

11 minutes ago, SerphV said:

It's true.  It's amazing really how much of the game is made inconsequential by our mobility.

But it's also one of the funnest and most distinctive elements of Warframe.  So I think it's crystal clear the game needs to solve its issues with difficulty through other means.

28 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

Never in this universe's lifetime. If I wanted pure horde shooters I have better games to play. I like playing Warframe due to its fast andchaotic movement

I get it... And thats true... It has evolved from those time where we use tipedo for travesing...

22 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

This Thread: Can be either Troll and Bait... Imagine that....

Lol no i really meant it... Cause playing it at a slower pace with my friend let me see all that lol... I didnt expect it also...

13 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's true.  It's amazing really how much of the game is made inconsequential by our mobility.

But it's also one of the funnest and most distinctive elements of Warframe.  So I think it's crystal clear the game needs to solve its issues with difficulty through other means.

Thank you u got my point... I agree with you also as removing bullet jump will be going backwards...

26 minutes ago, SerphV said:

Lol no i really meant it... Cause playing it at a slower pace with my friend let me see all that lol... I didnt expect it also...

Ok then, but the movement system is what set Warframe apart from other TPS, I can safely say that Parkour 2.0 was one of the best changes this game ever had.

The game would become more vanilla without it, the pacing changes, the style changes... so its different from what you are used to. That is what brings the breath of fresh air you are feeling.

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Ok then, but the movement system is what set Warframe apart from other TPS, I can safely say that Parkour 2.0 was one of the best changes this game ever had.

The game would become more vanilla without it, the pacing changes, the style changes... so its different from what you are used to. That is what brings the breath of fresh air you are feeling.

Fair enough... I agree also...

Perhaps its because im older now so i prefer to take things abit slower than i use to lol...

1 hour ago, SerphV said:

I was recently playing with a returning founder friend who was away from the game for a long time.

And so you can guess, she doesnt know how to bullet jump, and me who didnt want to spoil and kill everything tagged behind her.

So, what you're telling me is that you weren't here for any of the forms of coptering or Parkour 1.0 momentum boosting.

Spoiler

The game, before bullet jump, was actually faster but less consistent.  Bullet jump was created so that we didn't need a certain melee weapon to go fast, and so that DE was able to equalize the speed we all had. The Parkour system is one of the biggest things that defines this game as something different. If we're removing it, by any capacity, for nothing I might as well play Mass Effect Andromeda with mods. 

5 minutes ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

So, what you're telling me is that you weren't here for any of the forms of coptering or Parkour 1.0 momentum boosting.

Reveal hidden contents

The game, before bullet jump, was actually faster but less consistent.  Bullet jump was created so that we didn't need a certain melee weapon to go fast, and so that DE was able to equalize the speed we all had. The Parkour system is one of the biggest things that defines this game as something different. If we're removing it, by any capacity, for nothing I might as well play Mass Effect Andromeda with mods. 

Haha if u read 1 of my replies... I was here during the tipedo period... I understand the change as well... I mean i love parkour 2.0...

Just saying that it is harder without all the bullet jump... Its back to old times...

Until you realize slide+roll spamming is still pretty fast. Not bullet jumping doesn't make the game harder or require using blocks; sometimes I don't get to due to cats jumping on half my keyboard or arms, and I still don't die. It's even easier to live due to shield gate too. All it really changes is the game feels incredibly slow.

3 hours ago, SerphV said:

It became harder and kinda more fun because:

2) i cannot escape them that easily; thus all the melee blocking became very vital at some point;

3) i need to kill all/most of them so that i have a route to backtrack/escape to if needed;

4) The pace of the game was slower instead of rushing and killing everything, i got to enjoy everything like the level design and environment;

5) It became more vital to know where ur teammates and rescue targets are as going to revive them became harder;

6) All mission types save Extermination and Sabotage will become harder as it will be more vital and harder to get to ur target to save or revive them;

Maybe hard mode could add on something like that also... And you should really try it sometime to not do any bullet jump... Its feels really different...

Id be okay with this. At least for one mode

I didn't learn to bullet jump until I got to the MR test that requires it.  I failed that 3 times and then googled a video to see W. T. F.

I was just tapping crouch to get a little speed boost and I thought that was the limit of it.  It really did change the game into something very different.

I agree, the bullet jump system is one of the things that make this game boring long-term, just the fact that being that fast gives you a huge advantage against anything, If DE never implemented it, balancing the game and creating challenging contet wouldn't be so big of an issue like it is right now.

I mean, melee parry would actually be used, people would react and think how to deal with the different enemy types there are instead of just mindlessly jumping around annihilating  anything in the way.

But yeah, rambling about these kind of things is pointless, the game has evolved and changed beyond that, people are so attached to these mechanics that changing them would create a S#&$storm in the community, point is, it'll never happen.

11 hours ago, SerphV said:

1) Plenty of melee weapons can just rush into hoards of enemies and blend them, just use the block forward combos.

2) Jump, double jump, then heavy attack towards where you want to go.

3) Or just use a CC frame, or keep spamming melee.

4) GAUSS CAN'T DO SLOW, GAUSS RUSH!

5) Again, just use a CC frame, like Gauss to lockdown an area, easy revive and all that.

6) No, they'll just take longer. Then again, I do enjoy taking it slow sometimes to look around, maybe find an ayatan I would've missed or something.

Think I've seen the idea somewhere, that SP enemies should be able to inflict the 'Impair' status from conclave which disables anything that's not walking.

Archived