Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard Mode: Remove bullet jump... Imagine that...

SerphV

13 hours ago, SerphV said:

I was recently playing with a returning founder friend who was away from the game for a long time.

And so you can guess, she doesnt know how to bullet jump, and me who didnt want to spoil and kill everything tagged behind her.

I realised suddenly that WF became a totally different game...

[...]

Were you spamming invulnerability, invisibility, damage or crowd control powers through the entire mission?

That sounds like a horrible, slow, restrictive, plodding game that I'd never play (I left Destiny2 for Warframe... and now any other game like this that I play feels like trudging through tar.) If I want that, there are plenty of places to get it, and none of them are fun. So, no thanks 🙂

to be honest, i think this would be a better "hard mode" than the grendel mission.

however, for me to imagine this to work, or to replicate the feeling you felt watching someone else playing it like that one time, i can only see not bullet jump as a temporal debuff 

may be you can't bullet jump because of a new type of enemy to the like of nullifier, or they can trigger gravitation lock down for entire room, or bullet jump is undesirable because it put you at higher risk of some sort doing it repeatedly. What should absolutely not happen is to prevent bullet jump in situation that force you to find alternative route if it can't be made into a risk/reward scenario. In other word, it could be that there are situation where you can die if bullet jump carelessly when a special enemy type is around, or it's similar to lock down where u can hack it to regain this movement option in mission. It should not be a an entire game mode.

but overall, cool idea to think around, i just don't trust DE to test the concept at this point ..

Remove one thing and the players will flock to the next best thing. Operator dash, frame movement abilities, melee block forwards and slide attacks are all things that can replace bullet jump to the same effect. 

Bad suggestion, sorry. 

not to mention the entire tilesets are built around not being able to bullet jump. take a look at all the design layouts, there are boxes you can climb on, walls with scrapes on them that were inteended to be vaulted over, ayatan vaults you can bypass the entire thing when before you were supposed to actually parkour through it, and at the end there is a little platform you had to wallrun up and backflip onto before you picked up the treasure. none of the tiles are brought up to current standards except jupiter and i guess corpus ships.

1 hour ago, Talinthis said:

not to mention the entire tilesets are built around not being able to bullet jump. take a look at all the design layouts, there are boxes you can climb on, walls with scrapes on them that were inteended to be vaulted over, ayatan vaults you can bypass the entire thing when before you were supposed to actually parkour through it, and at the end there is a little platform you had to wallrun up and backflip onto before you picked up the treasure. none of the tiles are brought up to current standards except jupiter and i guess corpus ships.

Makes some sense, they aren't Warframe environments, they're Corpus and Grineer facilities. 

Archived