Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what happened with the fun in video games?

13 hours ago, (PS4)Androogear said:

remember when you got some spare time and play videogames to have fun? what happened with that? why everything have to be overcomplicated and frustating? I asked myself everytime I play warframe, a video game where you are not allowed to have fun if you want to have fun you have to surpass a dozen walls of BS. 

Fill out and submit this form Please.  

B7rwZoy.png

14 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Fun comes in different forms. Warframe is in the "abnegation" school of fun, where you grind for things

I never grinded a thing in Warframe, I either have fun or exit the game.

It's up to the player that handles the game. Pretty similar to people using drugs. For some it's just not the right thing.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Androogear said:

remember when you got some spare time and play videogames to have fun? what happened with that? why everything have to be overcomplicated and frustating? I asked myself everytime I play warframe, a video game where you are not allowed to have fun if you want to have fun you have to surpass a dozen walls of BS. 

It's a personal choice to grind things you don't even enjoy. Don't do that and you won't be so miserable. 

15 hours ago, trst said:

Sounds more like people keep forcing themselves to play something they no longer find fun. You have no obligation to spend your free time doing something you don't want to do.

Personally my problem is having to play content I find repetitive and unfun only to be able to play the content I find fun, in other words, I am tired of having to re-level gear every time I apply Forma on it, I have to wait 23h between crafting forma already, you can tell me just grind for components and trade, that's more time I would spend NOT playing the game because we can't have an auction house despite DE already implementing 2FA (without even mentioning their way of handling chargebacks by punishing the victims), all in all the game has a lot of stuff for different kinds of play styles but players are also forced onto the parts they don't like all the time.

55 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Personally my problem is having to play content I find repetitive and unfun only to be able to play the content I find fun, in other words, I am tired of having to re-level gear every time I apply Forma on it, I have to wait 23h between crafting forma already, you can tell me just grind for components and trade, that's more time I would spend NOT playing the game because we can't have an auction house despite DE already implementing 2FA (without even mentioning their way of handling chargebacks by punishing the victims), all in all the game has a lot of stuff for different kinds of play styles but players are also forced onto the parts they don't like all the time.

This !!!! 

This describes warframe perfectly because alot of fun stuff is gated behind things that are either not fun or things one just doesnt want to do.

You need to have a certain level of tolerance for bull S#&$ to play Warframe even just for fun.

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I mean... just scroll through the General Discussion board and you will see all kinds of things getting in the way of people's fun... ranging from Bugs to other player's Toxicity and Griefing... 

Doesn't answer what the dozens of issues that the OP has that is blocking them from having fun in this game.

On 2020-07-04 at 2:20 PM, Lutesque said:

I don't know... why don't you try farming Xiphos and see if you can spot the problem.

Theres nothing wrong with a grinding game  being grindy but some drop rates are so unreasonable that...

Atleast you can just buy the Xiphos (although the habit of paying to not play is also a problem) but for things like Atmo Systems its worse because if you need to sacrifice these to rank up you are kinda screwed because you can't buy these anywhere.

Right on the Spot Lutesque...!!
I really cant bother to farm the Xiphos..searching for those rare orokin caches isn´t my thing. But i farm Plat very often ( going to recruit chat to participate in a lot of radshares i don´t mind) I am fashion frame freak, so i need to farm a lot of Plat, to buy those delicious deluxe skins/weapons skins/slots, etc.. etc... so we dont need to farm everytnhing, because we have a life outside the game...but we should accept the game as it is, not has we want it to be!

Like i said, RPG/Grind games its not for everyone...I usually don't recommend warframe to my friends, because i know their tastes, and know this is not for everyone..when a game involves so much dedication ( +1000 hours gameplay ...i have +1600 and stil not burn out), it depends if you don´t like the farming, and the sense of acomplishment, when you dedicate so many hours, just to get that rare Drop... I remeber very well the farm for Atmos sytem, but I also remember when i had the 3 drops i needed after some 2-3 hours of repeating the same mission, over and over..and the happinnes i had after the drops, i was so happy, so rewarded i felt....I felt happy..So yes..I have lots of fun when farming, so also yes, I have Lots of Fun in this game!!
But we are all different, and we should do what makes us happy..and that's fullfilling in so many ways...!!

On 2020-07-04 at 2:26 AM, (PS4)Androogear said:

Hey here’s a crazy idea, if you don’t think Warframe is fun then you shouldn’t play it. WF is definitely not for everyone.

Personally I think WF is a lot of fun. And if I find a particular grind not to be fun, then I can just grind things to sell for plat and get the item that way instead.

3 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

but we should accept the game as it is, not has we want it to be!

NEVER !!!

4 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

it depends if you don´t like the farming, and the sense of acomplishment, when you dedicate so many hours, just to get that rare Drop... I remeber very well the farm for Atmos sytem, but I also remember when i had the 3 drops i needed after some 2-3 hours of repeating the same mission, over and over..and the happinnes i had after the drops, i was so happy, so rewarded i felt....I felt happy..So yes..I have lots of fun when farming, so also yes, I have Lots of Fun in this game!!
But we are all different, and we should do what makes us happy..and that's fullfilling in so many ways...!!

I mean I feel like this is a Paradox... how does one Feel like they accomplished something if the Results are more Dependent on RNG than on anything that person does... do you feel like you are Accomplishing something when you pull a Slot Machine ? I dont... and I feel like thats normal and the game being designed outside of that Rational is wrong...

Atleast Farming for the Opticor Vandal is an Actual accomplishment... granted the Task is paying enough attention so that you dont fall asleep but thats still difficult in the face of this god awful tedious Baby Sitting Activity... Im not saying I want more crap like this... but removing RNG where its not needed would be a Nice start...

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Hey here’s a crazy idea, if you don’t think Warframe is fun then you shouldn’t play it. WF is definitely not for everyone.

Personally I think WF is a lot of fun. And if I find a particular grind not to be fun, then I can just grind things to sell for plat and get the item that way instead.

Yeah Tell that to the Ephemeras you cant buy... 

Actually you know... I dont actually care if Cosmetics have awful drop rates... Thats always been my Perspective of Free To Play Games... its the Cosmetics that should be causing the Salt... not the actuall gameplay elements

So I guess What I meant to say is "Tell that to Atmo Systems", I bet there are players who simple dont know how bad the Atmo Systems grind is because they still havent Reached Old Mate in Solaris United yet...  Mostly because they keep getting Blockaded by the Debt Bond Grind...

First off let me start by saying that any accusation from a player toward DE about setting up a game to make you grind so hard you spend money goes out the window the moment DE decided to make platinum tradable. 

At least thats how i view and have always viewed it and I played before trading was a thing. Some of you think it was always a thing.  Not the case.  

Ive also had the view that if a grind involves something you don't like be it drop chance or method of acquisition,  then just buy it.  With traded plat. Unless you just really really really want it,  then spend real money.  

To answer op, and stay on topic, if you don't find warframes basic gameplay fun,  movement and combat,  4 abilities and three squid mates,  then the game isnt for you.  No quest or game mode is going to radically change the core gameplay loop.  Go play some other games for a while, and see if there is anything you're not getting out of them that warframe offers.  If so, come back with a reason to. 

If it's just grind that makes it not fun... plat it up like a big boi.  

I do however get the feeling that op really means why do they keep S#&$ting on stuff that is fun because "not intended". 

Rip vengeful eclipse mirage.  

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

NEVER !!!

I mean I feel like this is a Paradox... how does one Feel like they accomplished something if the Results are more Dependent on RNG than on anything that person does... do you feel like you are Accomplishing something when you pull a Slot Machine ? I dont... and I feel like thats normal and the game being designed outside of that Rational is wrong...

Atleast Farming for the Opticor Vandal is an Actual accomplishment... granted the Task is paying enough attention so that you dont fall asleep but thats still difficult in the face of this god awful tedious Baby Sitting Activity... Im not saying I want more crap like this... but removing RNG where its not needed would be a Nice start...

Actually you know... I dont actually care if Cosmetics have awful drop rates... Thats always been my Perspective of Free To Play Games... its the Cosmetics that should be causing the Salt... not the actuall gameplay elements

So I guess What I meant to say is "Tell that to Atmo Systems", I bet there are players who simple dont know how bad the Atmo Systems grind is because they still havent Reached Old Mate in Solaris United yet...  Mostly because they keep getting Blockaded by the Debt Bond Grind...

You can buy debt bonds.  Atmo wasn't even that bad. 

Also, its rationale with an e

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah, I just don’t care about cosmetics that much to be concerned with ephemera grinds. I understand some people love that stuff and I’m not discounting their opinions, I’m just speaking from my own perspective. Cosmetics are just a cherry on top of the sundae that is the gameplay, for me at least. They’re cool but I’ll never go out of my way to grind for them.

Also back to the topic of grind in general, the super annoying grinds are just something that comes with F2P. If everything was easy to grind the company would never make any money and the game would die.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Yeah, I just don’t care about cosmetics that much to be concerned with ephemera grinds. I understand some people love that stuff and I’m not discounting their opinions, I’m just speaking from my own perspective. Cosmetics are just a cherry on top of the sundae that is the gameplay, for me at least. They’re cool but I’ll never go out of my way to grind for them.

Also back to the topic of grind in general, the super annoying grinds are just something that comes with F2P. If everything was easy to grind the company would never make any money and the game would die.

Wrong. They would focus their monetary lures on cosmetics.  I would wager that outside of prime access accessories and vaults,  their main revenue is either for cosmetics,  tradable gear, or rivens.  I would seriously doubt that most purchased plat is spent on weapons and warframes from the market.  

On 2020-07-04 at 5:47 PM, Lutesque said:

This !!!! 

This describes warframe perfectly because alot of fun stuff is gated behind things that are either not fun or things one just doesnt want to do.

You need to have a certain level of tolerance for bull S#&$ to play Warframe even just for fun.

Warframe.market works.

If you always have a forma building even when you don't need them you will never have to wait.  

And playing with a modded weapon doesnt meanyoure playing a different game suddenly so your logic is flawed by saying playing a game i don't want to play so i can play a game i want to play.  

Useless whining as is.  "I want to progress instantly without having to actually progress" iis how my brain reads that.  

Just now, PookieNumnums said:

You can buy debt bonds.

Right... because the players who actually need them have millions of Credits Lying around... 

1 minute ago, PookieNumnums said:

Atmo wasn't even that bad. 

It was... i dont know if anything has changed since I played the game last but Complaints about Atmo Systems being Bugged happened quite a few times here... Two of them were by me... If something was changed then good... if not... then Consider yourself Lucky.

4 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Also, its rationale with an e

Autocorrect.jpg

Sorry... I couldnt find a Meme that actually fits :P

5 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Wrong. They would focus their monetary lures on cosmetics.  I would wager that outside of prime access accessories and vaults,  their main revenue is either for cosmetics,  tradable gear, or rivens.  I would seriously doubt that most purchased plat is spent on weapons and warframes from the market.  

I mean... this Morning I went to see Darvo and he had 50% Off Galatine... It was SOld out by the Time I got there...

LoL... I remember one time Darvo some how managed to get access to the Hema... that thing sold out so fast... wait a Minute... something just occured to me... can one player buy more than one Item from Darvo ?

8 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Right... because the players who actually need them have millions of Credits Lying around... 

It was... i dont know if anything has changed since I played the game last but Complaints about Atmo Systems being Bugged happened quite a few times here... Two of them were by me... If something was changed then good... if not... then Consider yourself Lucky.

Autocorrect.jpg

Sorry... I couldnt find a Meme that actually fits 😛

I mean... this Morning I went to see Darvo and he had 50% Off Galatine... It was SOld out by the Time I got there...

LoL... I remember one time Darvo some how managed to get access to the Hema... that thing sold out so fast... wait a Minute... something just occured to me... can one player buy more than one Item from Darvo ?

Discounts and darvo don't imply paid for the plat. Still easily traded plat. You don't need millions of credits for debt bonds and by the time you make it to that point youre probably able to access index at the very least seimeni or gabi. 

You are not the basis for determination of a whole. You should,  in that case,  consider yourself UNLUCKY.  I can remember that one of those bounty exclusive items had some issue not long after orb vallis was added,  and they let us buy them from lil duck now. I think it took me like 25 bounties to get them. Thats really not that bad.  

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You have a good point!!! But we are all different human beeing, whith different tastes in games... What satisfies somes, is a nightamere for others!!
But in my opinion, this game, since its creation its all about RNG..always! Sometimes more, sometimes less...
I acept that, and dont mind it is this way! ..
I  play card games for money, specially Poker (texas Hold'em) or blackjack, so i enjoy this stuff..the adrenanline..the luck factor..the rush...
Guess i am lucky for this. And thats the reason i like this game...its not linear.,.there other variables involved..
But this is just my opinion and my taste in games..An i am a happy tenno ! Your arguments are strong and make all the sense...Beeing dependable of RNG it is not for everyones taste!

22 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

I literally used the word “everything” so that would include cosmetics. I never specified weapons and frames so maybe work on your reading comprehension. If you could easily grind every item in the game there would be nothing left to spend plat on, that was the point I was making.

Also last I saw the most commonly bought item with platinum was the 3 Forma bundle, for whatever that’s worth’s 

51 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

I acept that, and dont mind it is this way! ..
I  play card games for money, specially Poker (texas Hold'em) or blackjack, so i enjoy this stuff..the adrenanline..the luck factor..the rush...

But those games arent really random though.... atleast not in person....

If i had a bad hand... you would know it and would bankrupt me pretty quickly. I cant bluff to save my life.

Archived