Jump to content

what happened with the fun in video games?


Recommended Posts

On 2020-07-04 at 2:26 AM, (PS4)Androogear said:

remember when you got some spare time and play videogames to have fun? what happened with that? why everything have to be overcomplicated and frustating? I asked myself everytime I play warframe, a video game where you are not allowed to have fun if you want to have fun you have to surpass a dozen walls of BS. 

I recommend the DOOM games. Warframe is a half-MMO, of course nothing is simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-07-05 at 5:23 AM, TARINunit9 said:

That's like saying "I have never pressed the jump button in Mario"

What grind? Our so called "grind" is far milder that I don't feel it. You collect enough materials, craft gear you want and it's permanently yours with no nonsense like RNG on stats or crafting success chance compared to "get the meta legendary 5 star with these stat rolls and mythical enhancement with gem bonuses"

On 2020-07-06 at 9:00 PM, Lutesque said:

So I guess What I meant to say is "Tell that to Atmo Systems", I bet there are players who simple dont know how bad the Atmo Systems grind is because they still havent Reached Old Mate in Solaris United yet...  Mostly because they keep getting Blockaded by the Debt Bond Grind...

Bounty if you think you're lucky, ticker if you're rich enough to pay someone's debts for debt bonds

Atmo systems? I've seen worse than that

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 844448 said:

What grind? Our so called "grind" is far milder that I don't feel it. You collect enough materials, craft gear you want and it's permanently yours with no nonsense like RNG on stats or crafting success chance compared to "get the meta legendary 5 star with these stat rolls and mythical enhancement with gem bonuses"

How deep in Warframe are you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

How deep in Warframe are you?

6 years non-stop from 2014, MR 24 because I'm not chasing those new things like a madman, max rank with ostron, solaris united, steel meridian, red veil, new loka and perrin sequence, rank 4 with vox solaris, able to solo sortie 3 with vauban and no arcane and riven equipped, able to survive infested arbitration long enough with nyx, 2000 hours and counting.

Or you can check my game profile using /profile command

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 844448 said:

6 years non-stop from 2014, MR 24 because I'm not chasing those new things like a madman, max rank with ostron, solaris united, steel meridian, red veil, new loka and perrin sequence, rank 4 with vox solaris, able to solo sortie 3 with vauban and no arcane and riven equipped, able to survive infested arbitration long enough with nyx, 2000 hours and counting.

Or you can check my game profile using /profile command

So, do you buy all the warframes you want with plat?

Edited by (PS4)Yggranya
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

So, do you buy all the warframes you want with plat?

Why buy when you can get them from playing?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 844448 said:

Why buy when you can get them from playing?

If you never "felt" the grind for anything the only other option is to buy them. If you mean that you just occasionally do one mission to try to get the parts, then you must be the luckiest person in the world.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@844448

What @(PS4)Yggranya said. Either you're the luckiest guy on this forums, or you can repress memories immediately after they happen. It took over 6 hours of non-stop grinding for me to get Protea, and that was after I lucked out on her chassis (getting it on the second attempt). Equinox took days. So did Khora. The Centaur Blade, back when it was a mission drop, took over a month. Warframe absolutely has grind, and having played for exactly as long as you have I am utterly astonished to hear you claim otherwise

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

So, do you buy all the warframes you want with plat?

I'm totally with @844448 here. The trick is to take what's coming at you. Just playing the game and the game will reward you will lots of stuff.

The mistake is wanting specific stuff now. There is so much stuff in Warframe, why do you need Protea right now (as an example)? It's like people never grow out of the little annoying child at the discounter checkout isle begging their mom for candy which they MUST HAVE NOW. Get your impulsive inner child under control.

Pro top: got a "trash" riven? Take it as a suggestion. Riven disposition mechanic is exactly designed for balancing out "trash" weapons. You can play any weapon with a riven. Or you can be boring and dump your Kuva into your Rubico Riven, to get like 3% more damage. Wow.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, supernils said:

I'm totally with @844448 here. The trick is to take what's coming at you. Just playing the game and the game will reward you will lots of stuff.

The mistake is wanting specific stuff now. There is so much stuff in Warframe, why do you need Protea right now (as an example)? It's like people never grow out of the little annoying child at the discounter checkout isle begging their mom for candy which they MUST HAVE NOW. Get your impulsive inner child under control.

Pro top: got a "trash" riven? Take it as a suggestion. Riven disposition mechanic is exactly designed for balancing out "trash" weapons. You can play any weapon with a riven. Or you can be boring and dump your Kuva into your Rubico Riven, to get like 3% more damage. Wow.

So, take a year of occasionally doing an unbelievably dull mission to get what you want? Sounds like a blast. And a year might be too little, considering RNG. Might be too much too, as it is with RNG. In other words, what you are saying is "it's not a problem for me = it's not a problem".

I honestly believe, as most people have admitted on the forums here, that you all just buy them with platinum, because you all agree that the missions are boring and you don't want to do them anymore than anyone else so you skip it. And round and round we go, the next warframe grind is going to suck even more.

Edited by (PS4)Yggranya
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@(PS4)Yggranya nope what I buy with plat is mostly Orokin Catalysts and slots. But yes for some things there are bigger grind walls in the game. That's the point where you gotta say "nope, I'll pass on this one". There's enough other things to do or get. If you're referring to Protea, I haven't done Granum Voids yet so I can't say too much about it. But you can always bring weapons to level to "unbelievably dull" missions so it's less dull and you get an added bonus. And it's always a good idea to wait it out, because if grinds were really too heavy, DE has reduced them after some time in the past (Railjack, Kuva Liches). I expect this to happen with Protea, too, judging by the amount of crying on the forums. Also the polishing they do long after release ... guys don't jump on fresh content like it'll go stale after a week, the opposite is the case.

 

 

 

Edited by supernils
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

If you never "felt" the grind for anything the only other option is to buy them. If you mean that you just occasionally do one mission to try to get the parts, then you must be the luckiest person in the world.

 

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

@844448

What @(PS4)Yggranya said. Either you're the luckiest guy on this forums, or you can repress memories immediately after they happen. It took over 6 hours of non-stop grinding for me to get Protea, and that was after I lucked out on her chassis (getting it on the second attempt). Equinox took days. So did Khora. The Centaur Blade, back when it was a mission drop, took over a month. Warframe absolutely has grind, and having played for exactly as long as you have I am utterly astonished to hear you claim otherwise

It took me a little over a month for equinox last part to drop, and this is where the part "I don't chase new things like a madman" comes to play

Do I get everything in one run? No. Do I play non-stop to get something? Occasionally.Am I happy about it? Yes. Even when you don't get what you want, there's still something worthwhile. Did you really get nothing when you didn't get the Protea parts @TARINunit9? Or are you too focused to Protea that you didn't see anything else you get to see you get nothing if you don't get her parts? It's not like Protea is a time limited Warframe that disappear permanently after some time with no way to obtain it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 844448 said:

It took me a little over a month for equinox last part to drop, and this is where the part "I don't chase new things like a madman" comes to play

Here's the interesting thing.  I farmed all of Equinox in about 10 missions back to back.  It took just over a week to finish crafting her.   Total of crafting each part, then waiting to craft each half just to wait some more on combining both halves for the finished frame.  

Then there was the time I was trying to farm Saryn for the MR as I already had Saryn Prime.  I ended up just buying Saryn, ranking her up for the MR and then trashing her because I just didn't want to continue that jacked up grind for her.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 844448 said:

Did you really get nothing when you didn't get the Protea parts @TARINunit9? Or are you too focused to Protea that you didn't see anything else you get to see you get nothing if you don't get her parts? 

Quite the flawed argument, because the only other things that drops in Granum Void are Stahlia parts and decorations for the Orbiter. So yes, every duplicate of everything that isn't Protea basically counts as literally nothing

8 hours ago, 844448 said:

and this is where the part "I don't chase new things like a madman" comes to play

It's not like Protea is a time limited Warframe that disappear permanently after some time with no way to obtain it.

This is partly thanks to the pandemic, but I had literally nothing better to do with my life than just grind for Protea for six hours straight (or try and learn C#, but honestly screw that).

You can stay entertained by playing missions for the sake of missions? Good for you. I knew how that felt once, I used to be able to do that way back on the PS2 when playing this awesome game. But a lot of us, including my present-day self, can't do that. We need a goal to work toward. That is why we pick a task and just plug away at it mission after mission after mission. And that's why we don't complain when we point out the objectively true fact that Warframe is grindy

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Quite the flawed argument, because the only other things that drops in Granum Void are Stahlia parts and decorations for the Orbiter. So yes, every duplicate of everything that isn't Protea basically counts as literally nothing

Is it literally nothing? I read that weapon parts you get from Granum Void can be traded so I believe that's some potential platinum if you can get a buyer.

12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

This is partly thanks to the pandemic, but I had literally nothing better to do with my life than just grind for Protea for six hours straight (or try and learn C#, but honestly screw that).

You can stay entertained by playing missions for the sake of missions? Good for you. I knew how that felt once, I used to be able to do that way back on the PS2 when playing this awesome game. But a lot of us, including my present-day self, can't do that. We need a goal to work toward. That is why we pick a task and just plug away at it mission after mission after mission. And that's why we don't complain when we point out the objectively true fact that Warframe is grindy

I can't say it for you, but maybe you can find something else to do than just grinding six hours straight for Protea. For me, I don't really chase Protea, at least not for now since I simply enjoy things like mining, fishing, etc, maybe donating some of my catch to those who need to make more powerful potential teammates in the future.

Well, I can't say it for you about this either, but maybe you can simply play without a goal that makes you think it's too important to see other things or enjoy the small value of other things outside your goal. Can't do that instantly but I believe you can eventually, playing simply to take your mind off from current condition and play what you feel you want to play.

Objectively true fact that warframe is grindy? I'd say subjective since I dare to say that the grind in warframe is far milder compared to previous years or other games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 844448 said:

Is it literally nothing? I read that weapon parts you get from Granum Void can be traded so I believe that's some potential platinum if you can get a buyer.

No you can't, because they are the most common drop, which means there is zero demand for them

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

If you want to play fun video games then play single player games.Cus online games arnt fun anymore

Skyrim together is quite fun but that just a mod for a single player game to make it a multiplayer

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-07-04 at 1:26 AM, (PS4)Androogear said:

remember when you got some spare time and play videogames to have fun? what happened with that? why everything have to be overcomplicated and frustating? I asked myself everytime I play warframe, a video game where you are not allowed to have fun if you want to have fun you have to surpass a dozen walls of BS. 

Fun in Waframe are earned, not given. It have been like that since the beginning of its creation. Crappy new players experience and full reliance on wiki are the few factors contribute to this. When the game was newly released, it didn't exactly have high rating. So fast forward to this year, someone need to make it clear that Warframe isn't for everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...