(NSW)ShinNL

I just want to say Good Job DE

This post is going to be a whole bunch of nothing. Just a thank you and to buck you guys up.

I know there's many loud parts of the community and those who are satisfied and grateful don't really have a necessity to constantly talk about it. And you guys have often taken the brunt of the heat head-on like champs, even if some of us don't think you needed to. Sometimes it even seems you can't please everyone and even if you listen, you apparently still have failed. You didn't.

There are some of out there who can see exactly what you're doing and we appreciate it. I'm enjoying the vision and the roadmap.

Good luck with Tennocon, I'm hyped for it.

• Like 23

Posted (edited)

Amen

However, I just want to clarify that a lot of the "loud parts" of the community are simply loud out of passion for the game. It's not that they aren't grateful, they wouldn't talk about it so much if they didn't absolutely adore it. Sure, there are plenty of crybabies as well, but keep in mind that's the exception not the norm. 

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 14

7 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

Amen

However, I just want to clarify that a lot of the "loud parts" of the community are simply loud out of passion for the game. It's not that they aren't grateful, they wouldn't talk about it so much if they didn't absolutely adore it. Sure, there are plenty of crybabies as well, but keep in mind that's the exception not the norm. 

I don't mind if it's legit passion. However, I just saw a YouTube video from a popular channel restating that a change from 300% HP to 350% HP (which is a 16.6% increase, which will be reduced by lower armor and shield values) can somehow can translate to 9M EHP to 14M EHP and people being angry about that. At that point I cannot sympathize anymore if it's based on failed math. So I wanted to share a different voice, as that's really making me as a player also feel disconnected with the community.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, (NSW)ShinNL said:

I don't mind if it's legit passion. However, I just saw a YouTube video from a popular channel restating that a change from 300% HP to 350% HP (which is a 16.6% increase, which will be reduced by lower armor and shield values) can somehow can translate to 9M EHP to 14M EHP and people being angry about that. At that point I cannot sympathize anymore if it's based on failed math. So I wanted to share a different voice, as that's really making me as a player also feel disconnected with the community.

Imagine crying about HP when viral exists 

Also I'm no mathematician, but a 5mil EHP increase from a 16.6% health increase and armor nerf doesn't sound right at all.

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, (NSW)ShinNL said:

If you are worried about it being more difficult don't, it's not going to be difficult. Plus the changes to Archwing scaling will not even be noticeable to anyone who has played much Archwing. Here is a video of someone soloing archwing content higher then the hardmode. with only 2 mods in an amesha not fully leveled, and an archgun without a full build, that can't aim and tries to shoot through shields instead of melee. This is before things like Intrisic buffs, and primed rubedo lined barrel. That content has only become more easy since. So +50 no modifiers will be nothing.

On the other hand if you are upset because things may be to easy, then I feel your pain you have no clue how much I feel your pain.

• Like 2

well if DE is keep up thier good job the game will die in like less than 2 year

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Richeatue said:

Imagine crying about HP when viral exists 

Also I'm no mathematician, but a 5mil EHP increase from a 16.6% health increase and armor nerf doesn't sound right at all.

From posts I saw talking about it, there were several issues with this presented claim/math. The main one being that nobody seemed to actually know what the real number modifiers on Steel Path were to begin with because DE tends to have REALLY bad transparency about what any enemy number modifiers in their extremely number based game actually do (hi sortie modifiers! or any enemy with bizarre variable DR mechanics!). The supposed EHP increase was based on an assumption/incorrect bit of information that the initial health bonus in Steel Path was significantly lower. I think the claim/belief at the time was that it was only +100% HP, compared to the +300% on armor/shields. (though even before that some people were claiming and spreading that it was only +100% armor/shields too, even while saying it was like the sortie modifiers which ARE quadruple). I think it was only after the beta was down that Saske stated in a discord message somewhere that the health had been triple rather than double.

so anyhow just the usual sorts of confusion from DE never being honest or transparent about anything. Though players certainly can often be dumb about these themselves by holding adamant beliefs and going on rants about numbers without having ANY idea if those numbers are right to begin with.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, (NSW)ShinNL said:

This post is going to be a whole bunch of nothing. Just a thank you and to buck you guys up.

I know there's many loud parts of the community and those who are satisfied and grateful don't really have a necessity to constantly talk about it. And you guys have often taken the brunt of the heat head-on like champs, even if some of us don't think you needed to. Sometimes it even seems you can't please everyone and even if you listen, you apparently still have failed. You didn't.

There are some of out there who can see exactly what you're doing and we appreciate it. I'm enjoying the vision and the roadmap.

A lot of the heat they are taking is justified. There's a reason why the login numbers dropped significantly over the last few updates. They always talk about how they "listen" to the community but what they mean is people have to riot to get changes sometimes. At one point in time we did matter but that has dissipated in my opinion. Just look at the Glassdoor reviews for the company and see how it's run. I keep playing for mastery but I'm not surprised by bad decisions anymore.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nichivo said:

This literally feels like a mobile phone game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Felsagger said:

That I wouldn't know. I only play one game on my phone. I use it to play chess with my brother, and 3 others. I usually have 2-3 games going at any given time. 

I definitely agree I do love playing this game.Being able to talk/interact with players and to help them is my favorite part of the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Felsagger said:

All free to play games feel like that to some extent.

Mobile game?
Idk im not being spammed with hundreds of dialogue boxes asking me to click 'okay' and cycling through 15 different storage boxes after every mission to clear out the junk..

Railjack did start to push this game in that direction though which is why i complained on the forums about it.

• Like 2

Well, if it´s a "thank you" thread, well thank you Soundteam for the awesome remastered corpus ship OST!
it´s great! pls consider somachords, ppl will love u 🙂

• Like 2

Ditto the thank you D.E! Having a blast with the game! Looking forward to TennoCon! Am so curious to see what is in store. Added Note: HAD A TON of fun with the latest quest. TDLP felt like one of the older style missions which was cool! 😄 Keep it up guys!

~CLT~

• Like 4

On 2020-07-04 at 3:35 AM, (NSW)ShinNL said:

You mean the online event that would have been in the same week as my birthday.

Online event

Delayed

With a total stop on streams for a month.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

All free to play games feel like that to some extent.

With War Frame is more obvious each year. 

At this pace we will end up with a Nintendo 8 bit game....lmao.

Edited by Felsagger

Guys, this is someone's 'thank you' thread. There are plenty of threads where your eternal negativity is, well, less out of place, but this is not such a thread.

This is threadcrapping pure and simple. Uncool.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

With War Frame is more obvious each year. 

At this pace we will end up with a Nintendo 8 bit game....lmao.

But those games were fun, unlike mobile games.

4 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Guys, this is someone's 'thank you' thread. There are plenty of threads where your eternal negativity is, well, less out of place, but this is not such a thread.

If you don't want anything but a circlejerk(off), maybe don't make a thread in a public forum? Don't worry, i'm leaving.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

But those games were fun, unlike mobile games.

That's the saddest part. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Angwah said:

The OP probably wouldn't have got a bunch of people being "negative" if he/she didn't suggest that critics of DE were being unfair. The fact is that this post isn't just a thank you thread. It's a thread that criticizes those who critique DE's work.

I'm glad that DE seems to be listening a little bit more than they have the past few years, but I hope they'll be more open to players' suggestions for improving the game, not just bug fixes and balance changes. I'm thankful that they're at least willing to communicate with players. They're not like some studios who will only communicate with players once or twice a month (*cough*UbisoftParis*cough*).

Edited by OniDax

Posted (edited)

Warframe is continually improving.  The game is now a huge sandbox of space ninja things to do compared to 5 years ago. It's definitely one of the best online PvE games ever created and it's only getting bigger and better. 

I also want to thank DE for having one of the best f2p models I've ever experienced by far. The team does a great job in every aspect.

Criticism comes with success. The larger the player base gets, the more disgruntled players that run to forums it will attract. I hope DE doesn't get discouraged with all the negativity and instead realizes that it's more a sign of their succuss than anything. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1