Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability To "LOCK" Squads? (Party Mechanic Revision)

MadMav737

I feel like playing with friends could use some tweaking. Here's what I mean:

-Currently when you squad up with friends (through the game menu, invite/join system, not talking random squad matchmaking here) if you have less than 4 players, and set matches to public you'll often get the 1-2 other random players joining your squad for the mission. Which is dandy. What is LESS dandy, is that after the mission the random player(s) A) stay in the squad indefinitely until SOMEONE leaves the squad (either breaking up the friend party and having to reform, or waiting around for non-party to leave), B) can pick new missions and start the countdown completely unilaterally.

Now don't get me wrong, this is NOT an "OMFG,END 'O' THE WORLD" pain... But it is a pain and, frankly, just kind of a poor system.

-o- Some potential fixes/suggestions:

• A party "LOCK" mechanic, wherein you form your party and then LOCK IT, so to speak, which will then keep that party together no matter the random player situation, AND take the entire party to whatever is selected. -Ex-: In a 2 player party and finish public mission with undesirable randoms? Just "Leave Squad" and it will drag YOUR PARTY out of the squad but keep you all together.
  • A party VOTE system, which would PREVENT any single person from starting a mission if there is a party of two or more present. Basically a revision of the current vote mechanic that would prevent any ONE minority from dragging the majority of the party into anything at all (forcing them to load, abort, load, and THEN reform)

That's all I've got. Like I said, not a HUGE deal, but not great either. Hopefully some of the rest of you have some good ideas, and hopefully this is at LEAST on DE's radar, even if it's not a priority.

44 minutes ago, AnarchyChan said:

emm, so don't set matches to public? set it invite only, what's problem?

And then you will deploy with ONLY your party, which is obviously NOT the scenario this post is centered on.

There is, in fact, content in the game where you absolutely WANT to have a full 4-player squad. So, if you ARE NOT a full 4 player party, derrr, whatever would you do??? Maybe set it to public...

(is this just a "troll" post? I honestly can't tell.)

Kick option is a necessity when you're running fissures with 1 or 2 friends and have to reassemble the party after every mission because pub just stays there and doesn't do anything. Even in sorties people often decide to take a nap or spend a couple hours tweaking loadout between missions.

3 hours ago, MadMav737 said:

A party VOTE system, which would PREVENT any single person from starting a mission if there is a party of two or more present. Basically a revision of the current vote mechanic that would prevent any ONE minority from dragging the majority of the party into anything at all (forcing them to load, abort, load, and THEN reform)

If I remember correctly this is how it worked before Orbiter, when you were doing everything from main menu instead of walking around your ship. Everything was so much less cumbersome without endless transition animations between different menus.

On 2020-07-04 at 9:08 AM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I would love the lock option. Either to allow quitting the pug without losing the premade team, or for it to auto kick the pug portion when the mission is over. 

Vote kicking would only be allowed outside of missions at best, to avoid a million ways of it being abused. 

Totally right about the vote kicking. As handy as SOME sort of kick function might be, it doesn't take TOO MUCH imagination to see it getting WILDLY abused. Feels like we could use SOME sort of tweaks to the system though.

Archived