Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who will conquer the Steel path meta?

WOWESOMUCHDOGE

Who and what weapon will conquer the steel path meta?

Frames:

For now im thinking scaling or nuke frames could still be used to cheese the hard mode
Saryn : Scaling damage and high aoe Nuke
Octavia/Vauban: For those scaling damage skills, and vauban for CC
Nidus: Well he's Nidus

Nova:Great CC and damage buff
Mesa:Could be useful but maybe capped at 200-300 enemies?

And those frame with insane survivability capabilities:
Revenant: Mesmer skin is too good
Wisp: Provide team buff
Trinity: Has great survival capabilities
Rhino: Possible with a great build, and huge enemy crowds
Hildryn/Ember/Wukong/Gara: Could possibily work well?
Inaros:Can be a good option, but it is very weapon dependant and doesnt provide much for the team

Invisibility frame:
Ash / Loki / Ivara : Invisibility frame are more build dependant, but im opting for Ash more due to his armor stripping capabilities

Utility/Support frame:

Oberon- For its 30m healing radius, good for supporting damage dealers
Titania- I think frame that can provide team buffs could be useful

Augmented: Claw frenzy Valkyr/ One punch Atlas/ Kung fu Baruuk
Maybe its their time to shine?

Im thinking people might even start using banshee ?

Weapons:

Primary: Its hard to give a say on this, probably people will use more high damage single target weapons?
Or generally bleed weapons/ viral hunter munition build becos they work well on high armor targets
     Sniper:Rubico Prime / Komorex
     Shotgun: Tigris Prime/ Sancti Tigris / Kohm variants / Vaykor hek
     AOE weapons : Most aoe weapons
     Most bullet hose weapons with Hunter munition build

Secondary: Gaze/Tombfinger/Pyrana Prime/ Stat stick secondary/ Kuva nukor/ Kuva Seer etc.

Melee: I think any decent melee well built will work well since melee is king

But anyways i believe most teams will have saryn prime to cheese the mode, and boost her survivability with wisp, what do u think is gonna be meta in this mode?

Banshee.

Why? Biggest complaint i've heard was bullet sponges. Banshee negates that and allows a broader weapon selection. Regarding survivability people would have to play the hardest tanks or simply be more careful, use CC, shield gating and parkour to survive. In high levels like these, Banshee won't be much squishier than say a Saryn, Khora or Nova.

1 minute ago, Caliboom said:

Don't forget Oberon, he can heal himself and others, is kinda tanky, and can also strip armor.

Also Oberon can spam heal defense obj. instead of being limited to that 100/s like Vazarin and co. 

Saryn has no way to defend herself. Without a squad, she'll die.

I will likely just play Rhino. A Rhino, with Naramon school and a melee, can easily solo lvl500 enemies or higher on his own with literally no effort. Then if you add an Arcane Guardian and a Arcane Strike or Fury, it's just cheese at that point. 

4 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

You mean Arcane Ultimatum right? 

Nah, I like the "set and forget" of Guardian better. Who wants to worry about having to do finishers? I just hold/spam E (my melee button) with my Dakra Prime and watch lvl170 Gunners get 1 shotted. 

I probably won't even bring a primary or secondary into hard mode. What's the point?

Just now, MrZwitz said:

Nah, I like the "set and forget" of Guardian better. Who wants to worry about having to do finishers? I just hold/spam E (my melee button) with my Dakra Prime and watch lvl170 Gunners  get 1 shotted.

Well Guardian doesnt work with Iron Skin active

CC warframes.

From what I've seen, Saryn and Mesa are ineffective choices because of the high armor. Saryn needs very high strength, Mesa needs to be in max focus in order to kill reliably.

I see warframes like Vauban, Grendel, Titania, Trinity, Inaros, Ivara, Loki, Ash and other CC/support oriented warframes to be in the spotlight over DPS oriented warframes.

40 minutes ago, MrZwitz said:

Saryn has no way to defend herself. Without a squad, she'll die.

I will likely just play Rhino. A Rhino, with Naramon school and a melee, can easily solo lvl500 enemies or higher on his own with literally no effort. Then if you add an Arcane Guardian and a Arcane Strike or Fury, it's just cheese at that point. 

Yes saryn has low survivabity, but with the help of wisp , and maybe some defensive frame, she can just stay at one spot and deal dmg with her scaling spores

9 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

CC warframes.

From what I've seen, Saryn and Mesa are ineffective choices because of the high armor. Saryn needs very high strength, Mesa needs to be in max focus in order to kill reliably.

I see warframes like Vauban, Grendel, Titania, Trinity, Inaros, Ivara, Loki, Ash and other CC/support oriented warframes to be in the spotlight over DPS oriented warframes.

I agree with u , but if saryn can sustain without dying, her spore will keep building up dps until the enemies die

As for mesa even with a very good build, it can falloff pretty quickly 

I also think that this is the time for utility/ cc frame to shine

35 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Well Guardian doesnt work with Iron Skin active

huh, well don't I just feel dumb! haha! Didn't know that...although it does make sense now that I actually stop to think about it. 

Archived