Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who will conquer the Steel path meta?

WOWESOMUCHDOGE

I am gonna use something that can do some sort of defense strip (shield and armor) or can do true damage with decent CC capability.

Nyx , Banshee, Mag , Vauban come to mind for that,

as per the reviews i saw , Saryn and Mesa were not doing too well, (dont forget before the armor and elemental rework they could perma strip armor with corrosive they cant anymore.)

Some other frames that will likely do well would be Nova , Revenant and Ash if played to their strengths. Almost forgot about Baruuk.

I wish i could say i would use equinox , but i dont think she will be very good by herself , maybe with a well planned squad though..

31 minutes ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Yes saryn has low survivabity, but with the help of wisp , and maybe some defensive frame, she can just stay at one spot and deal dmg with her scaling spores

In the Kuva fortress, surviving was not an issue with Saryn at all. However, even with very high strength, Spores didn't kill on their own. They did soften the enemies up for my weapons though.

il y a 2 minutes, 0_The_F00l a dit :

I wish i could say i would use equinox , but i dont think she will be very good by herself , maybe with a well planned squad though..

She'll definitely pull through with a squad. however, for soloing, she will have to rely on stealth damage with hammers to charge up her 4 if you want to solo nuke. (basically, spam sleep and shank everyone)

I'll go with the following.

Bosses: Ash for armored ones, Mesa for Ambulas, Titania for Lephy and Hildryn, Gauss, Rev, Inaros, Mag or Baruuk for others.

Spy: Ivara

Defense/Mobile Defense: Frost, Protea, Mag or Loki. 

Excav: Frost

Kuva Survival: Frost

Disruption: Ash or Garuda

The rest: Hildryn, Gauss, Rev, Garuda, Protea, Baruuk, Mag or Inaros.

Weapons: Same as now probably, Chakkhur, Nukor, Paracesis/Tekko Prime or Daikyu+Nikana Prime+Nukor

Im happy OP mentioned it but the fact everyone else is sleeping on baruuk saddens me. His dps is on par if not higher then mesa, he is tankier to boot, and with his 4 augment he shreds enemies by natively adapting to their weaknesses. My baruuk has a 150% crit chance 150% status chance build that utterly mows down anything foolish enough to stand in front. 

il y a 5 minutes, (PS4)CommanderC2121 a dit :

Im happy OP mentioned it but the fact everyone else is sleeping on baruuk saddens me. His dps is on par if not higher then mesa, he is tankier to boot, and with his 4 augment he shreds enemies by natively adapting to their weaknesses. My baruuk has a 150% crit chance 150% status chance build that utterly mows down anything foolish enough to stand in front. 

To be fair, aquiring barruk is a pain in the arse to being with.

Many players don't even have him xD.

2 hours ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

im opting for Ash more due to his armor stripping capabilities

I was gonna Ash, partly for his invis, but mostly for the fact that he passively boosts his own Slash procs and has several different ways to use Finishers on enemies, bypassing Armor completely.

I'll defs be running some Ash in the next update.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Oh yeah one of my favourite frames , wonder why i forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me

Banshee : Sonar + Sonic Fracture = RIP armor + massive damage

Nezha : Divine Spear + Blazing Chakram + Reaping Chakram = Nuke + health orb flood

Nyx : Chaos + Psychic Bolts = Enemies killing each other with zero protection

I’ll be going with Nezha, damage mitigation with ways to earn both health and energy orbs, heat procs, decent cc, helps teammates lose status effects, but now I have to wait three months for my umbra build.....

primary: tombfinger maybe 

secondary: Kuva Nukor for status procs 

melee: Ceti lacera w/ groll 

companion: Sahasa or Raksa kubrow 

It depends on the player kind.

Beginner will take Ash, because he is with his invisibility, very high damage potential and his augments almost always useful. And thanks to his tanky stats the player can do huge mistakes without any big consequences. 

An experience player will stay by Saryn, Ember or whatever can kill an armie with one button. Or they will take their favourite.

It will likely take a few different frames, but I’ll truly test my Volt Prime with his flexible builds for a challenge, and then try my very basic Speed-Duration Loki Prime build to see how far I can push Stealth Kills with OP weapons.

I’ll dig into the Meta as speed-bumps occur.

Steel Path Lich-Murmur Prosecutors should be fun. 😆

IMHO, any well built frame with almost any properly modded weapons should be able to do it. Some may be more slow, others may be faster but it should be playable for all, especially in a group and most likely solo as well although some missions might get messy solo. Hopefully, it is going to be fun.

9 hours ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Octavia/Vauban: For those scaling damage skills, and vauban for CC

Oh yeah Octavia is going to do great on Steel Path.... but i don't think Vauban will though....

His abilities might scale but because they don't deal true damage like Octavia's Mallet does then Booben's Toys are actually becoming less effective as enemy levels rise....

Booben's CC also just isn't as good as Khora or Limbo's, The Tesla's are too automated, Tether has good range but is capped at 2 enemies per tether (it also has a weak pull strength which is important  because some enemies wont get pulled close enough for Bastille to override the tether)., Bastille is Tiny and has a limit to how many enemies it can hold and Vortex is a Status Effect meaning its negated by Ancient Healer Auras.... 

In addition to all of that.... Booben has no self sustainability, he can't generate health or energy for himself...  atleast Octavia gets 30 Energy back per cast (doesn't stack) .

And last but not least.... Booben is hella squishy...

Octavia can survive by being invisible essentially forever.... sure Ivara can do this too but runs into to problems where theres energy leeches. Octavias invisibility is significantly more reliable because you can always drop Energy Restores to counter act those leeches... can Ivara do the same with Cloak Arrow ? Yes... but thats still a process compared to Octavias Turbo Teabagging Tactics.

removing-tea-bag-cup-brewing-tea-close-u

Saryn : Scaling damage and high aoe Nuke

According to Brozime... Saryn just kills too slowly for The Steel Path.... scaling damage is nice but the finicky nature of how it scales has always been an issue for Saryn.

Nidus: Well he's Nidus

I think Nidus is going to get his Ass Kicked in the Steel Path.... 100 Stacks might not be enough.... however the augment does double this value.... he might be viable with that. 

Nova:Great CC and damage buff

Nope.... I think Nova is going to suck, simply because at this level slowing enemies isnt going to be enough and X2 Damage isnt going to be enough if you are relying on your weapons....

Mesa:Could be useful but maybe capped at 200-300 enemies?

This another Warframe Brozime said just couldn't kill fast enough....

Those sortie Shield and Armor buffs are no joke... i legit couldnt kill the treasurer in the last Shield modifier sortie because of this....

And those frame with insane survivability capabilities:
Revenant: Mesmerize is too good
Wisp: Provide team buff
Trinity: Has great survival capabilities
Rhino: Possible with a great build, and huge enemy crowds
Hildryn/Ember/Wukong/Gara: Could possibily work well?
Inaros:Can be a good option, but it is very weapon dependant and doesnt provide much for the team

I think Revenant is the only one.... simply because Mesmir Skin is not Damage Dependent like the rest are.... Depending on the enemies the rest of this list might actually have trouble surviving

I think Invisibility is going to go alot further than other forms of survivability 

Ash / Loki / Ivara : Invisibility frame are more build dependant, but im opting for Ash more due to his armor stripping capabilities

The problem with Ash is he can only strip Armor from 2 Enemies at a time.... same with Fatal Teleport... only works one enemy at a time, this is why i thought the Covert Lethality nerf was not necessary. That just leaves Blade Storm.

Blade Storm bypasses armor, however this ability takes a while to kill unmodified heavy gunners.... it will kill them eventually but its going to be slow going. That being said the build i saw didnt have 300% power strength so who knows, i have a friend who recently just put together an Umbral Ash with all the strength mods. Maybe that would work.

Augmented: Claw frenzy Valkyr/ One punch Atlas/ Kung fu Baruuk
Maybe its their time to shine?

Im thinking people might even start using banshee ?

Maybe.... i have very little experience with Exalted Melee weapons because some of them are very riven dependents. 

As for Banshee... well... i dont know.... Resonance seems like it actually might work if the conditions are just right. 

Primary: Its hard to give a say on this, probably people will use more high damage single target weapons?
Or generally bleed weapons/ viral hunter munition build becos they work well on high armor targets
     Sniper:Rubico Prime / Komorex
     Shotgun: Tigris Prime/ Sancti Tigris / Kohm variants / Vaykor hek
     AOE weapons : Most aoe weapons
     Most bullet hose weapons with Hunter munition build

Secondary: Gaze/Tombfinger/Pyrana Prime/ Stat stick secondary/ Kuva nukor/ Kuva Seer etc.

Melee: I think any decent melee well built will work well since melee is king

When it comes to weapons then its really hard to say whats going to happen. 

I believe against unarmored Corpus enemies then there's going to be alot of viable options because Corpus health bars really suck at resisting Toxin Procs.... And Weapons like the Hystrix and The Hema are lucky in this regard because Hema has innate viral damage and Hystrix has a guaranteed Toxin Proc  which means you can mod them both for Viral + Toxin.... literally impossible to do on standard weaponry. Throw in a Primed Faction Mod and they should die relatively just as quickly as they always have.... 

Some warframes also have interesting interactions with some weapons....Like Maggy's Bubble with Projectile Weapons modded with punchthrough or Throwable Melee Weapons piloted by Ivara's Navigator with the Augment. Because ivara is invisible during navigator she gets that absurd stealth damage modifier.... i used this on my Zenistar and was shocked at how quickly she could remove Heavy Gunners.... that being said....the energy drain was excessive and the Zenistar was modded for Corrosive.... the results wont translate very well to the Steel Path i think.... My Glaive Prime would be a better choice since Glaive Prime gets a guaranteed slash proc if you throw it... it also gets inifinite punch through if you throw it while dual weilding it. 

Archived