WOWESOMUCHDOGE

Who will conquer the Steel path meta?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Octavia/Vauban: For those scaling damage skills, and vauban for CC

Oh yeah Octavia is going to do great on Steel Path.... but i don't think Vauban will though....

His abilities might scale but because they don't deal true damage like Octavia's Mallet does then Booben's Toys are actually becoming less effective as enemy levels rise....

Booben's CC also just isn't as good as Khora or Limbo's, The Tesla's are too automated, Tether has good range but is capped at 2 enemies per tether (it also has a weak pull strength which is important  because some enemies wont get pulled close enough for Bastille to override the tether)., Bastille is Tiny and has a limit to how many enemies it can hold and Vortex is a Status Effect meaning its negated by Ancient Healer Auras.... 

In addition to all of that.... Booben has no self sustainability, he can't generate health or energy for himself...  atleast Octavia gets 30 Energy back per cast (doesn't stack) .

And last but not least.... Booben is hella squishy...

Octavia can survive by being invisible essentially forever.... sure Ivara can do this too but runs into to problems where theres energy leeches. Octavias invisibility is significantly more reliable because you can always drop Energy Restores to counter act those leeches... can Ivara do the same with Cloak Arrow ? Yes... but thats still a process compared to Octavias Turbo Teabagging Tactics.

removing-tea-bag-cup-brewing-tea-close-u

Saryn : Scaling damage and high aoe Nuke

According to Brozime... Saryn just kills too slowly for The Steel Path.... scaling damage is nice but the finicky nature of how it scales has always been an issue for Saryn.

Nidus: Well he's Nidus

I think Nidus is going to get his Ass Kicked in the Steel Path.... 100 Stacks might not be enough.... however the augment does double this value.... he might be viable with that. 

Nova:Great CC and damage buff

Nope.... I think Nova is going to suck, simply because at this level slowing enemies isnt going to be enough and X2 Damage isnt going to be enough if you are relying on your weapons....

Mesa:Could be useful but maybe capped at 200-300 enemies?

This another Warframe Brozime said just couldn't kill fast enough....

Those sortie Shield and Armor buffs are no joke... i legit couldnt kill the treasurer in the last Shield modifier sortie because of this....

And those frame with insane survivability capabilities:
Revenant: Mesmerize is too good
Wisp: Provide team buff
Trinity: Has great survival capabilities
Rhino: Possible with a great build, and huge enemy crowds
Hildryn/Ember/Wukong/Gara: Could possibily work well?
Inaros:Can be a good option, but it is very weapon dependant and doesnt provide much for the team

I think Revenant is the only one.... simply because Mesmir Skin is not Damage Dependent like the rest are.... Depending on the enemies the rest of this list might actually have trouble surviving

I think Invisibility is going to go alot further than other forms of survivability 

Ash / Loki / Ivara : Invisibility frame are more build dependant, but im opting for Ash more due to his armor stripping capabilities

The problem with Ash is he can only strip Armor from 2 Enemies at a time.... same with Fatal Teleport... only works one enemy at a time, this is why i thought the Covert Lethality nerf was not necessary. That just leaves Blade Storm.

Blade Storm bypasses armor, however this ability takes a while to kill unmodified heavy gunners.... it will kill them eventually but its going to be slow going. That being said the build i saw didnt have 300% power strength so who knows, i have a friend who recently just put together an Umbral Ash with all the strength mods. Maybe that would work.

Augmented: Claw frenzy Valkyr/ One punch Atlas/ Kung fu Baruuk
Maybe its their time to shine?

Im thinking people might even start using banshee ?

Maybe.... i have very little experience with Exalted Melee weapons because some of them are very riven dependents. 

As for Banshee... well... i dont know.... Resonance seems like it actually might work if the conditions are just right. 

Primary: Its hard to give a say on this, probably people will use more high damage single target weapons?
Or generally bleed weapons/ viral hunter munition build becos they work well on high armor targets
     Sniper:Rubico Prime / Komorex
     Shotgun: Tigris Prime/ Sancti Tigris / Kohm variants / Vaykor hek
     AOE weapons : Most aoe weapons
     Most bullet hose weapons with Hunter munition build

Secondary: Gaze/Tombfinger/Pyrana Prime/ Stat stick secondary/ Kuva nukor/ Kuva Seer etc.

Melee: I think any decent melee well built will work well since melee is king

When it comes to weapons then its really hard to say whats going to happen. 

I believe against unarmored Corpus enemies then there's going to be alot of viable options because Corpus health bars really suck at resisting Toxin Procs.... And Weapons like the Hystrix and The Hema are lucky in this regard because Hema has innate viral damage and Hystrix has a guaranteed Toxin Proc  which means you can mod them both for Viral + Toxin.... literally impossible to do on standard weaponry. Throw in a Primed Faction Mod and they should die relatively just as quickly as they always have.... 

Some warframes also have interesting interactions with some weapons....Like Maggy's Bubble with Projectile Weapons modded with punchthrough or Throwable Melee Weapons piloted by Ivara's Navigator with the Augment. Because ivara is invisible during navigator she gets that absurd stealth damage modifier.... i used this on my Zenistar and was shocked at how quickly she could remove Heavy Gunners.... that being said....the energy drain was excessive and the Zenistar was modded for Corrosive.... the results wont translate very well to the Steel Path i think.... My Glaive Prime would be a better choice since Glaive Prime gets a guaranteed slash proc if you throw it... it also gets inifinite punch through if you throw it while dual weilding it. 

Edited by Lutesque

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

ooben's CC also just isn't as good as Khora or Limbo's,

Just to clarify. Nothing has a better CC than Vauban. The amount of Bastille and Vortex balls are only limited by energy. And thanks to the unlimited energy economy and energy efficient is his CC range much much higher than any other frame. Last but not least has Vauban a "perfect" CC unlike limbo. Vauban can recast his abilities while limbo not. With limbo there is always the risk that he or something else gets killed in the second where he recast his cataclysm. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

All frames will be viable in Steel Path. 

As for weapons, melee will see a lot of use, and more combined use of the whole loadout (e.g. applying status with primary/secondary before killing with melee). Less lazy play just sticking Viral + Heat on everything :-P. Modding differently to account for enemies' weaknesses may be more of a thing :-P.

I see a lot of talk about Saryn, but someone who can strip 80% of all armour for her team will still do ok. It's just her role (shifting more toward buff/debuff) and where her kills come from (weapons!) will change.

Octavia will be popular up until the point people figure out (again) that if your team mates are any good she doesn't do much :-P.

Vauban and Nyx will be pretty good.

Limbo will still troll his team mates.

Enemy damage doesn't have any modifiers like health/shields/armour do, so some builds might need to be adjusted but no frame should have any particular trouble surviving.

Edited by schilds

8 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

. Last but not least has Vauban a "perfect" CC unlike limbo. Vauban can recast his abilities while limbo not. With limbo there is always the risk that he or something else gets killed in the second where he recast his cataclysm. 

Ah yes... another player who doesnt know about Rift Surge.... i suggest you look that up before you down play Limbo's Rift Shenanigans he has always been a candidate for nerfs for a reason. 

18 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Just to clarify. Nothing has a better CC than Vauban. The amount of Bastille and Vortex balls are only limited by energy. And thanks to the unlimited energy economy and energy efficient is his CC range much much higher than any other frame

As for Booben, i main Booben.... you might be able to cast multiple instances of Bastille but at 100 Energy per cast this is not particularly smart. With Primed Flow Booben only gets about 6 casts before you are a sitting duck. I myself wont use more than 2 instances of Bastille simultaneously for any reason.

Bastille has a base range of 10 Meters, you really think this high ? Cataclysm has a base Range of 16 Meters.... throw in the percentage nature of Ability Mods and Limbo has double the range of Booben at roughly the same energy cost.

And speaking of Energy, Its not infinite. At higher levels a single energy leech exemius can  counter act Zenurik's Energising Dash.... and when i say higher levels i dont mean 4 hour endurance runs... i mean level 80...  

But doesnt that affect limbo too ? 

Well... no it doesnt.... as long as the leech is not in the same plain as Limbo he cant drain his energy.

The other source of Energy is energy pads.... i dont know about you but i crafted 2000 of these  and noticed my polymer bundle was starting to go down. If you want to have a genuinely infinite supply then you have constantly be doing content that has that resource.... or dedicate a session to farming that resource.

Again... not a problem for limbo because his gets energy from his passive. Im not saying you wont have to use energy pads... you will.... but the difference is Limbo will be using them while Booben will be spamming them.

Theres nothing perfect about Boobens CC... its actually very Cumbersome because of all its limitations. Limbo, Khora, Octavia and Loki all CC Better than Booben....

But i love Booben... he's more fun... not as effective but still fun enough for me to bestow him my Umbral Formas.

I dont know how others play Booben, but I lock down all 4 interception points with him *without* energy pads.

Anyone and anything, if you think lvl 150 enemies need advanced metas and 'big brain' thinking with soecial setups... oh boy im sorry for you

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Any frame that strips armor and shields well ranked by their survivability/damage output will perform well. Less relevant if good scaling damage is part of their kit.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

4 minutes ago, (XB1)InductiveBag46 said:

Anyone and anything, if you think lvl 150 enemies need advanced metas and 'big brain' thinking with soecial setups... oh boy im sorry for you

It depends on where you are in the game. Some people will be more dependent on group play and meta, while others will be more flexible.

• Like 2

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

Ah yes... another player who doesnt know about Rift Surge.... i suggest you look that up before you down play Limbo's Rift Shenanigans he has always been a candidate for nerfs for a reason. 

I know this ability very well (I like to combine it's augment with the hunter set.). But in the end it doesn't change very much, because with the combination of catalclysm and rift surge is the max range around 60m. (More than enough for everything, but we are talking abour the best right?)  With other words everyone with a higer firerange (like grineeer balistica) can still attack you. And let's not forget that there are some enemies who are immune to knockbacks. They are also a big problem if Limbo has to recast his Stasis ability.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

As for Booben, i main Booben.... you might be able to cast multiple instances of Bastille but at 100 Energy per cast this is not particularly smart. With Primed Flow Booben only gets about 6 casts before you are a sitting duck. I myself wont use more than 2 instances of Bastille simultaneously for any reason.

Did you never use a simple max efficiency (175%) and max range (280%) build on him? Combined with zenurik dash you will (almost) never run out of energy. And Vaubans CC range isn't just the range of his abilities. It's actually Los+ Ability range (in the most tileset the enemies don't spawn in the los of the players). If someone just want to CC the enemies he/ she should throw the balls at the spawn points of the enemies and not under his feets.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

And speaking of Energy, Its not infinite. At higher levels a single energy leech exemius can  counter act Zenurik's Energising Dash.... and when i say higher levels i dont mean 4 hour endurance runs... i mean level 80...  

level 80 is not even Sortie level. And sortie are just "Let's start the day" missions. Btw. the range of the energy leech eximus is "just" 15m. A Vauban player will never see an enemy this near to him, except the enemies are stuck in a vortex and he want to show them his new hammer.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

The other source of Energy is energy pads.... i dont know about you but i crafted 2000 of these  and noticed my polymer bundle was starting to go down. If you want to have a genuinely infinite supply then you have constantly be doing content that has that resource.... or dedicate a session to farming that resource.

Again... not a problem for limbo because his gets energy from his passive. Im not saying you wont have to use energy pads... you will.... but the difference is Limbo will be using them while Booben will be spamming them.

With a max range, max efficiency and high duration build vauban can use a Vortex/ bastille for 25 energy and 23,55s. This would mean that with one bastille/ Vortex Vauban needs at least an energy regeneration of 1.06e/s to sustain it. And energizing dash gives 5 energy/s. That would mean that Vauban can easy maintain four bastilles/ vortexes at once without "loosing" energy.

And I'm sure that four bastilles/ Vortexes have a much bigger range than one cataclym+ Rift surge combination. (Limbo 442,16m^2<<<Vauban 1.105m^2)

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lutesque:

Theres nothing perfect about Boobens CC... its actually very Cumbersome because of all its limitations. Limbo, Khora, Octavia and Loki all CC Better than Booben....

You count Loki as CC? His CC is nothing compared to frames like Khora, Vauban, Limbo, Hildryn. (Btw. I don't want to say that it's useless!)

vor einer Stunde schrieb Lutesque:

But i love Booben... he's more fun... not as effective but still fun enough for me to bestow him my Umbral Formas.

On that I agree with you^^ (Except for the part that you use an umbal forma on him. I don't love him that much)

• Like 1

il y a 14 minutes, (NSW)Jothki a dit :

Is it any different than the Grendel mission meta?

Yeah.

You can use Grendel.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Depending on the enemies the rest of this list might actually have trouble surviving 

You people really overestimate enemy damage and underestimate the current tanks' EHP. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Bastille has a base range of 10 Meters, you really think this high ? Cataclysm has a base Range of 16 Meters.... throw in the percentage nature of Ability Mods and Limbo has double the range of Booben at roughly the same energy cost.

But doesnt that affect limbo too ? 

Well... no it doesnt.... as long as the leech is not in the same plain as Limbo he cant drain his energy.

I actuallt play booben as well, the cc is good until you meet a group of nullifiers enemies, u have to quickly sort them out with your weapon or u’ll risk getting few shotted by high level enemies

Also in arbitration u have to manually shoot the drone too

Other than that in grineer missions booben’s cc can really hardlock anything

13 hours ago, (XB1)InductiveBag46 said:

Im not talking about advanced meta or big brain build, its what frame or build people will use to cheese this mode, adding 100 level also mean enemies can kill u easier n level will scale up faster in survival/defense missions

So no , not anything will work, u still need a proper build and setup

Do u bring a grendal and stug into kuva survival/ defense? Well if u do oh boy im sorry for u

14 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

I know this ability very well (I like to combine it's augment with the hunter set.). But in the end it doesn't change very much, because with the combination of catalclysm and rift surge is the max range around 60m. (More than enough for everything, but we are talking abour the best right?)  With other words everyone with a higer firerange (like grineeer balistica) can still attack you. And let's not forget that there are some enemies who are immune to knockbacks. They are also a big problem if Limbo has to recast his Stasis ability.

Those issue must be specific to you... Rift Surge has never failed me.... and 60 Meters is plenty.... i've never needed more than 40 meters of Coverage, which means i can replace one range mod with Rolling Guard.... this mod is less important now since Shield Gating is essentially just built in Rolling Guard for all but 2 Warframes.... but hey... i have a free slot to play with in Max Range Limbo config....

As for Stasis Running out and needing to recast it.... if there are any enemies that are so dangerous that this would be an issue then again... i refer you back to rift surge.... once it goes off it will knock the effected enemies flat on their ass... if stasis is active when it goes off then the knock down will follow immediately after Stasis Runs out... 

Which ever enemies are immune to this knockdown will also mostly be immune to Booben's Vortex.... just saying....

Natural Talent isn't required....

And I'm sure that four bastilles/ Vortexes have a much bigger range than one cataclym+ Rift surge combination. (Limbo 442,16m^2<<<Vauban 1.105m^2)

And a much energy bigger cost.... also its going to take a while to cast that many Bastilles (Not to mention that you don't need that many to begin with) and even then if you modded for Range then all four of those bastilles wont be able to hold that many enemies.... 

Look.... i like bastille but i think this is one the only CC Abilities that scales with strength and by herself that is huge problem... its the most annoying of All CCs to mod for because you are always making a compromise to its performance regardless  of how you mod it.... 

More Range = Holds Fewer Enemies

More Duration = Has Less Range

More Instances(using effeciency) = has shorter duration and longer set up time.

Holds More Enemies = Less Range or Fewer Instances or Less Duration depending on which mods you choose to achieve this effect.

And I have an Umbral Booben.... that means i can i have a 20 Meter Bastille without sacrificing the number of enemies it can hold and its still a big problem i can go up to 24 Meters and i only have bastille hold one less enemy which i can get my original value back with Power Drift or Growing Power. You can imagine how much this is going to affect Boobens without Umbral Polarities.

Did you never use a simple max efficiency (175%) and max range (280%) build on him? Combined with zenurik dash you will (almost) never run out of energy. And Vaubans CC range isn't just the range of his abilities. It's actually Los+ Ability range (in the most tileset the enemies don't spawn in the los of the players). If someone just want to CC the enemies he/ she should throw the balls at the spawn points of the enemies and not under his feets.

I did.... and i wont do if again because Shorter Duration on Bastille can have some really inconsistent results, especially if you are going for both Range and Efficiency.... not only will your gigantic bastille hold fewer enemies, whatever enemies it does hold wont get held for very long....

Also i wouldnt rely so heavily on Zenurik's Energy if i were you, 2 of the 5 enemy factions can easily counteract it.... 

You count Loki as CC? His CC is nothing compared to frames like Khora, Vauban, Limbo, Hildryn. (Btw. I don't want to say that it's useless!)

Loki's CC is probably in the Top 3 before you even throw on The Augment i dont think you understand how huge it is to Remove the guns if the most dangerous enemies in the game from as far as 50 Meters.... i used to do Bounties with Loki and was surprised by how huge it was just being able disarm everything that would be a threat. The Augment is just a fun extra to help with consistency.

6 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

You people really overestimate enemy damage and underestimate the current tanks' EHP. 

I play these Warframes... if any of them are relying on Adaptation then one Bombard or Lancer tossing a grenade is all it takes to kill that method of surviving....

Ive also used these Warframes solo without any team mates to hide behind so i know exactly how tanky something is when every single enemy only has to worry about killing you....

Further more... Heat Procs are seriously painful now.... 

The only Warframe with a Consistent level of Tankyness is Revenant.... and maybe Gauss if you limit yourself to the Grineer Faction (and avoid Noxes), i think The Corruped are fine too better even since non of their units have Toxin or Electricity by Default....  i've run into Problems with everything else.... Including Khora.... as long as their CC can Catch enemies behind walls then it becomes less of an issue.

2 hours ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

I actuallt play booben as well, the cc is good until you meet a group of nullifiers enemies, u have to quickly sort them out with your weapon or u’ll risk getting few shotted by high level enemies

Nullifiers affect every warframe... some more than others, In Limbo's Case rift surge may not be perfect but its still pretty good and fits the Max Range build really well since your Radial banish will have a 14 Meter Radius.... all you have to do is Manually Banish one enemy in each Cluster and then hit them with a Rift Surge. Then unbanish them to force the Surge to go off thus dragging all the surrounding enemies into the rift.... Its slow,  its risky.... but once you get them all banished its business as usual

With Booben... well he isnt as badly effected by Nullifiers but since hes CC isnt as good as Limbos then he just runs into the usual problems he always does with or with out nullifiers.... the exceptions being Thermia Fractures and Sortie Hijack.... in that case Booben is Completely #*!%ed...

Also in arbitration u have to manually shoot the drone too

Arbitration Drones literally screw over every single Warframe.... except for Octavia as far as I know.... The Mallet will still attract the attention of enemies affected by Arbitration Drones where Loki's Decoy will not. 

Other than that in grineer missions booben’s cc can really hardlock anything

Its got its Limitations.... i mean just the range alone is a problem.... its just not as good as Limbo's....

Posted (edited)

Mag for me. Damage that scales infinitely, and godmode after shield gating changes.

Might switch her up with Ash, who basically doesn't care about augmented shields/armor.

Edited by Ikyr0

17 hours ago, schilds said:

Enemy damage doesn't have any modifiers like health/shields/armour do, so some builds might need to be adjusted but no frame should have any particular trouble surviving.

"After reviewing feedback, the Steel Path will include both the Physical and Elemental Enhancements from Sorties! A random damage bonus will be given to them while having universal physical and elemental resistances increased! This is due to how the increased Health, Shields, and Armor bonus for enemies were not enough!"

Bullet Spongy enemies does allow CC abilities to be more relevant. At least they don't have abilities resistance or immunity (looking at Raknoids).

il y a 5 minutes, Duality52 a dit :

Bullet Spongy enemies does allow CC abilities to be more relevant. At least they don't have abilities resistance or immunity (looking at Raknoids).

Ability resistant sentients are fast approaching to your location!

Oh God, Lua's gonna be a nightmare xD.

30 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Mag for me. Damage that scales infinitely, and godmode after shield gating changes.

I don't play Mag much and when i do ive been relying on Magnetised Discharge for both Dealing with Enemies and Surviving. How does she have infinitely scaling damage and God Mode with Shield Gating ?

27 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

But they will once you start doing disruption missions or reach Lua and The Veil... assuming Steel Path is coming to Railjack Too....

22 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Ability resistant sentients are fast approaching to your location!

Oh God, Lua's gonna be a nightmare xD.

Thats what i was thinking.... 

I think Gauss will actually be pretty good for the people who know how to play him properly.

Posted (edited)

All you mentioned were meta frames now. Nothing new.

Don't forget about Nyx. She can strip 100% armor and shield. While the rest only do armor not shield. Originally in test cluster shields got a 300% boost and made them too hard to kill while armor and health got 200% boost. After testing player requested a change. Now it's 250% on all 3 scaling. Also as long as she stays in Assimilate she cannot die. On top of that she doesn't have a broken room CC for team compo. Lastly her mind control will allow for great distraction.

Edited by kwlingo

17 hours ago, schilds said:

It depends on where you are in the game. Some people will be more dependent on group play and meta, while others will be more flexible.

Yes we still see this even on sorties and ESO. Leeching is a tactic DE really admires. Not sure why they always implement this. 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, WhySoFishy said:

I think Gauss will actually be pretty good for the people who know how to play him properly.

I wouldnt bring Gauss to Infested or Corpus based nodes simply because Kinetic Plating will be less effective there. Corpus have access to electric weapons and the Infested have Toxin, Magnetic and Corrosive.... which Kinetic Plating cant do anything about.

Beyond that Gauss with some Ammo Pads seems like a solid option....

On 2020-07-04 at 9:43 AM, Kaotyke said:

Excalibur

Mk1-Braton

Lato

Skana

If you can clear every mission on the starchart with those weapons ,then you sir are a certified badass