Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who will conquer the Steel path meta?

WOWESOMUCHDOGE

Survival: revenant, inaros, or any frame that can turn invisible

Defense/excavation/mobile defense : Limbo will be amazing, not many people notice, but unlike frost or gara limbo'scataclysm runs on duration, rendering it indestructible

Interception : cc frames( limbo, vauban, nova, etc.)

Exterminate: banshee, octavia, and maybe ash

Assassination : Trinity, (Energy vampire does scaling damage based on the health of the enemy, so any boss that is vulnerable to EV is as good as dead)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

Those issue must be specific to you... Rift Surge has never failed me.... and 60 Meters is plenty.... i've never needed more than 40 meters of Coverage, which means i can replace one range mod with Rolling Guard.... this mod is less important now since Shield Gating is essentially just built in Rolling Guard for all but 2 Warframes.... but hey... i have a free slot to play with in Max Range Limbo config....

Rift surge did also never failed me. But we are talking about who has the best/ biggest CC.

As for Stasis Running out and needing to recast it.... if there are any enemies that are so dangerous that this would be an issue then again... i refer you back to rift surge.... once it goes off it will knock the effected enemies flat on their ass... if stasis is active when it goes off then the knock down will follow immediately after Stasis Runs out... 

Which ever enemies are immune to this knockdown will also mostly be immune to Booben's Vortex.... just saying....

Actually there is no enemy who is safe from Vortex. Even an acient healer can't safe his companions from knockdowns (at least it was so last time I used it).^^

Loki's CC is probably in the Top 3 before you even throw on The Augment i dont think you understand how huge it is to Remove the guns if the most dangerous enemies in the game from as far as 50 Meters.... i used to do Bounties with Loki and was surprised by how huge it was just being able disarm everything that would be a threat. The Augment is just a fun extra to help with consistency.

I know how useful it is. But for me is the ability still not a comaparable CC to abilities like vortex, Rift, Bastille, Dome,.. .While the other abilities give you a safezone for a few seconds Lokis disarm just affect the enemies who were in range, when the ability was casted. Enemies who were outside and then entered it are still dangerous (<- in Theory!)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

And a much energy bigger cost.... also its going to take a while to cast that many Bastilles (Not to mention that you don't need that many to begin with) and even then if you modded for Range then all four of those bastilles wont be able to hold that many enemies.... 

And the bigger energy cost doesn't matter, because of operator abilities like Energizing dash. Clicking one button four times in a row doesn't take a much of time. And Vauban has also have the Repelling bastille augment. Additional enemies will normally not come in, if the Bastille is full. (and there is also the option to just use Vortex.)

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

Also i wouldnt rely so heavily on Zenurik's Energy if i were you, 2 of the 5 enemy factions can easily counteract it....

4 of 5. Grineer eximus, Infested eximus, corrupted eximus and some corpus enemies inflict magnetic damage.^^

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I play these Warframes... if any of them are relying on Adaptation then one Bombard or Lancer tossing a grenade is all it takes to kill that method of surviving....

Tell me more about how my milion iron skin Rhino cares about heat procs and granades from lvl 200 goons. Wisp with macro and Hyldrin with RDD are literally invincible in those levels. Trinity with link, armor arcane and 4 gives no #*!%s Wukong has defy, and mobility. Ember and Gara got  their DR. All of these have access to healing to mitigate procs.

lvl 100-200 is still too low damage wise for the current tanks of the game.

Since any frame with shields can tank an infinite amount damage one time any frame with shields is viable no matter what DE throws at us. 

Any primary/secondary that can apply a lot of stacks of status quickly can be useful. 

Any slash based melee with decent stats will be viable. 

My go to loadout will be something like 

Wisp / Khora / Vauban / Zephyr / Ash / Ember / Mag / Loki / Gauss / Excal 

Scourge / Kuva Kohm / Mutalist Cernos

Cyanex / Twin Khomak / Mara Detron / Kuva Brakk / Kuva Nukor

Kronen Prime / Reaper Prime / Sigma & Octatntis / Prisma Dual Cleavers / Ceti Lacera / Dakra Prime

Pretty much exactly what I run now. Nothing will change.

Being an avid Banshee player for the past 2+ years might finally pay off.

Just_Like_The_Simulations_Template.jpg

I might also use some more Limbo.

As for others, i expect the same frames being used as for Lich content and Arbitrations or similar, maybe more frames with effective armor strip abilities, Ash and Saryn meta for the majority of Hard mode content.

Finishers+the right element to bypass defenses should result in scaling damage that should work without armor strip in hard mode, right? Unless there's a lazy gimmick that makes them resistant to status effects.

So Equinox night form+Skiajati or Ash+Skiajati and Slash or Toxin(against Corpus, doesn't even need procs) should be good for hard mode.

Slash+Viral should still be good overall with its scaling damage and 300% damage buff buildup even without finishers.

But i really don't think this will be more than another press 1-press 4 Saryn mode that will just be cheesed effortlessly by every newb while DE claims it's different than the rest of the game, i hope i will be wrong.

I hope it will be accessible content, but also something that takes effort to beat.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb kgabor:

Finishers+the right element to bypass defenses should result in scaling damage that should work without armor strip in hard mode, right? Unless there's a lazy gimmick that makes them resistant to status effects.

Finsher (at least steahlt) deal true damage. They ignore armor& shields. There are also some "hidden" multiplers for steahlt attacks. 8-times from steahlt and also an unique multipler for every melee type. (Wikilink: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stealth )

In the end you will probably not even need to change your mods to kill the enemy, because the enemy won't survive the attack anyway. XD

On 2020-07-04 at 9:42 AM, IceColdHawk said:

Banshee.

Why? Biggest complaint i've heard was bullet sponges. Banshee negates that and allows a broader weapon selection. Regarding survivability people would have to play the hardest tanks or simply be more careful, use CC, shield gating and parkour to survive. In high levels like these, Banshee won't be much squishier than say a Saryn, Khora or Nova.

977eaad30d77ab9716e122a75a10bb3b.gif

6 hours ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

If you can clear every mission on the starchart with those weapons ,then you sir are a certified badass

I can clear Lich 5 Missions with those. Considering the +Armor they will get, I wonder if I should bring Taxon with Helstrum modded for Viral.

So, Sentinel to help or go broke?

27 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Nah mate

Excalibur

MK-Paris

Lato

Skana

Did you not see the new trailer? MK-Paris blew up a ship with no riven.

No build was shown, so I'm unsure if that had a riven or not.

On 2020-07-04 at 11:26 PM, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Inaros:(...)doesnt provide much for the team

cc and supplementary heals.

not great for speed runs but if you'd like the entire room blinded forever and melee finishers he's your man.

edit: the healing is admittedly very awkward, i.e. Look ma, I have a bunch of high hp targets bunched together and my bugs can heal you 1k per second as long as you stand still and don't bullet jump away... no what are you doing, don't kill them!! NOOOOOO

At 1st I want to use:

1) Banshee - sonar build with extra sprint speed and radar mods. Max damage with added mobility and enemy awarness.

2) Ash - max duration and range build, with augment Smoke Shadow that will give invis to all players and pets. Lets call it quadruple cheese.

3)Khora/Vauban - putting those together cause the builds would be very similiar: pure cc with max range, good balance between efficiency/duration and no care about strenght.

4) Nezha - tankiness mixed with mobility and cc. Not best at anything but I love his overall versality.

5) Mirage - might try strenght+range build with total eclipse augment for damage/support and we will see how it goes. Probably dependable on rest of the squad.

Will experiment some more but those are 1st ideas.

29 minutes ago, binioslaw said:

At 1st I want to use:

1) Banshee - sonar build with extra sprint speed and radar mods. Max damage with added mobility and enemy awarness.

I would only advise putting radar mods on pets (if you got Primed Animal Instinct from Baro, it might be even useful on its own as a constant radar, keeping them alive with Banshee is problematic though), Sonar does that anyways, so it's better building for that instead, in the form of extra range (with a purely Sonar focused build, but i use Silence fine with 145% range, sure it's only enough for killing one mob if you're doing finishers, if you don't want to bother with perfect timing with void dashes, but that's enough to trigger Skiajati's invis and you don't need to use finishers all the time as the stealth multiplier adds a decent enough modifier for damage)or strength instead and ofc. the augment.

I only have an Ice Spring on Banshee for mobility, which is enough imo., the rest of the slots are minmaxed+Rolling Guard for hit and run. (now that shieldgating is a thing, even that might be a bit redundant, though still really useful to mitigate ttk on tougher mobs)

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I think it was an Augment.  You can see one for each frame 😉

Mag:  Ballistic Polarity Reversal

Volt:  Sustaining Shock

Excaliber:  Exalted Archer

Unreleased Augments Confirmed.

They were DElayed.

6 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I would only advise putting radar mods on pets (if you got Primed Animal Instinct from Baro, it might be even useful on its own as a constant radar), Sonar does that anyways, so it's better building for that instead, in the form of extra range (with a purely Sonar focused build, but i use Silence fine with 145% range, sure it's only enough for killing one mob if you're doing finishers, but that's enough to trigger Skiajati's invis and you don't need to use finishers all the time as the stealth multiplier adds a decent enough modifier for damage)or strength instead and ofc. the augment.

I only have an Ice Spring on Banshee for mobility, which is enough imo., the rest of the slots are minmaxed+Rolling Guard for hit and run. (now that shieldgating is a thing, even that might be a bit redundant, though still really useful to mitigate ttk on tougher mobs)

I'm playing Banshee with sonar+silence combo so Enemy radar+rush is a must for me. Enemy radar is so useful and it helps me to plan my moves 1-2 rooms ahead(primed animal instinct of course is also on).Stick and move is how I play Banshee.

Also I'm not trying to go too much with range cause then it disrupts my flow with silence. Range 100-145 is sweet spot for me and I change it depending on type of mission.

I tried using rolling guard, but after some testing decident against it. It was disrupting my flow of movement. I'm not saying that this is the way to go, but its a matter of playstyle for me. Not denying how useful the mod is.

All in all Banshee is one of the few frames when I constantly feel this rush that I can do almost anything, but when I make a mistake I will probably die. Pure fun and adrenaline...lets call it opposite Inaros expirience.

18 hours ago, Reaper76OTP said:

cc and supplementary heals.

not great for speed runs but if you'd like the entire room blinded forever and melee finishers he's your man.

edit: the healing is admittedly very awkward, i.e. Look ma, I have a bunch of high hp targets bunched together and my bugs can heal you 1k per second as long as you stand still and don't bullet jump away... no what are you doing, don't kill them!! NOOOOOO

Yeah but i really do hope inaros gets a rework when inaros prime gets released

I might give Titania a spin when this comes out. I accidentally took her on a mission my gf was playing and didn't realise it was a tier 5 lich node. Her lich spawned and my Titania absolutely deleted it because I had her Razorwing blitz powered up

Archived