Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skinny grendel deluxe? + grendel discussion.

First of all, i'd like to think about the potentiality of a SKINNY grendel deluxe that makes itself bigger with each enemy swallowed.

it will help people accept grendel fashion if he's too chunky for their own tastes.

in my opinion i think his looks are fine for his theme, but it looks weird when i bullet jump or do some parkour maneuvers when i'm grendel.

Second thing i want to talk about is why do many people hate grendel?

I used to think that he's stupid for a short period, but i just stopped worrying about the meta and used him for fun, took care of his energy consumption like a healthy diet, and used pulverize with catapult to launch myself in the air 40 meters high, only to drop down with high damage

Do people hate him becausr he was released with the infamous old blood update?

Do they hate him because he's a symbol of DE not taking their players seriously?

Just why? 

31 minutes ago, (XB1)CaligulaTwily said:

4 is useless

That's where you're wrong kiddo!

Jokes aside, pulverize is really good mobility tool when you use catapult

It's damage is amazing against enemies in your stomach and is decent against enemies outside.

It's his second best ability

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I used to think that he's stupid for a short period, but i just stopped worrying about the meta and used him for fun

Yeah, I remember when you used to think that way like it was just yesterday.  Or earlier this week, anyway. 😛

On 2020-06-29 at 5:16 AM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Not only is he a stupid warframe, his kit is stupid as well.

It's been great to witness your opinions evolving over all this time, Hopper.   I feel like we're getting to watch you grow up into a fine young tenno before our eyes.  😉

On topic:  I love Grendel's model and theme.  I'd like his 3 to have more purpose, and I wish using his two to full effect didn't mean spending so much time casting it rather than playing.  

Other than that, pretty good frame.  I haven't played him for a few months, but only because I was so irritated when DE took all of our input about making his 4 more usable, and put it into a freaking augment.     DE be like...

black and white cat GIF

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's been great to witness your opinions evolving over all this time, Hopper.   I feel like we're getting to watch you grow up into a fine young tenno before our eyes.  😉

Ok just because i called him stupid earlier this week, doesn't mean I FULLY DESPISE GRENDEL

I look at things from different angles

I don't have to be completely one sided and absolutely detest the warframe and his kit just because (insert Gearsmatrix hating on revenant without rational thinking here)

I liked the joke, but i just want you to understand that i don't have to be on just one side and completely ignore other good parts as well, if anything that's actually a bit childish.

grendel can actually outclass gauss as my main warframe 🤷‍♂️ who would've thought.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

it looks weird when i bullet jump or do some parkour maneuvers when i'm grendel.

Pretty sure that meme is the whole point of Grendel.

Watch the part at the end where he's flying: 

The lore about Grendel before he became a Warframe suggests he was never a skinny guy though. Also, I find it increasingly attractive when there's more to hold on to.

There does need to be more skins for Grendel. There's not even one at the moment, not on the Xbox anyway, and there are so many possibilities. I've thought that a robotic or steampunk one might work, with the belly having a big cast iron grate with flames of a furnace inside; or maybe a classic look at armour from the 19th Century Prussian War. 

There's a lot of potential with Grendel and I think that's the point: the use of Potential Energy and when to release it. Where cosmetics are concerned, the time is now and I want skins yesterday! XD 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Ok just because i called him stupid earlier this week, doesn't mean I FULLY DESPISE GRENDEL

I look at things from different angles

I don't have to be completely one sided and absolutely detest the warframe and his kit just because (insert Gearsmatrix hating on revenant without rational thinking here)

I liked the joke, but i just want you to understand that i don't have to be on just one side and completely ignore other good parts as well, if anything that's actually a bit childish.

And that's completely understandable.  It's just that nobody reading what you said previously would think "These are the opinions of someone with balanced and finely nuanced opinions on the subject of Grendel."  

That's the joke, anyway.

I always thought he was more a way of DE saying they support body confidence and what-not. quite rare that you ever actually get to play as an overweight/obese person in games, especially since the likes of platformers and shooters require some degree of agility, which goes against being a bit on the hefty side. he's quite cool overall  I just wish his kit was better.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

First of all, i'd like to think about the potentiality of a SKINNY grendel deluxe that makes itself bigger with each enemy swallowed.

it will help people accept grendel fashion if he's too chunky for their own tastes.

in my opinion i think his looks are fine for his theme, but it looks weird when i bullet jump or do some parkour maneuvers when i'm grendel.

I used to think that he's stupid for a short period, but i just stopped worrying about the meta and used him for fun, took care of his energy consumption like a healthy diet, and used pulverize with catapult to launch myself in the air 40 meters high, only to drop down with high damage

Do people hate him becausr he was released with the infamous old blood update?

Do they hate him because he's a symbol of DE not taking their players seriously?

Just why? 

He's pretty much a meme Warframe in my opinion. So many other frames can do what he does but better. I leveled him to 30 and haven't touched him since. They wanted a goofy frame and it's affecting his play usage most likely.

Archived