Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't gild a Zaw

SatanLovesPenguins

Question

I have a Zaw that I JUST maxed out. But Hok will not allow me to Gild it. It says it has to be maxed, and not previously gilded. It hasn't. But, on a side note, how would I tell if it has been gilded before? They don't have the number on them, like a regular item that's been forma'd.

9 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, SatanLovesPenguins said:

I have a Zaw that I JUST maxed out. But Hok will not allow me to Gild it. It says it has to be maxed, and not previously gilded. It hasn't. But, on a side note, how would I tell if it has been gilded before? They don't have the number on them, like a regular item that's been forma'd.

Seems like a bug, try restarting the game, u can actually see if it was guilded (when you do it you add a polarity)

10 minutes ago, SatanLovesPenguins said:

Except. if you BUY the Zaw, you get to set a polarity. And I purchased one, took to max rank in a day, and I still can't gild it.

If you buy a Zaw with Platinum it comes pre-gilded. If you can change the colors of the weapon and it you chose a polarity with the purchase that is all gilding is aside from the boosted stats. 

28 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

If you buy a Zaw with Platinum it comes pre-gilded. If you can change the colors of the weapon and it you chose a polarity with the purchase that is all gilding is aside from the boosted stats. 

neat.... i might do this to get the mastery on the last few i need

38 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

but you need to be lucky about that as the parts are totally RNG.

Yeah, that's fine. Took me over two years to bother building my first one when they came out, what's a little more. I dislike the modular system in this game greatly.

32 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

Yeah, that's fine. Took me over two years to bother building my first one when they came out, what's a little more. I dislike the modular system in this game greatly.

In my personal opinion, I kinda like it because of the flexibility for me to build a specified thing for particular purpose. For example when I wanted a pure base damage + max crit for contagions, dumping all the attack speed and status chance as they are useless to the build. With the very same blade I also went for hybrid build which consists of balanced crit and status chance to utilise condition overload.

On 2020-07-04 at 10:08 PM, SatanLovesPenguins said:

If you named it, or can change its colors, its gilded.

Archived