Jump to content

MR 29 - Nothing to do...


Recommended Posts

This is the feedback section, i don't know if here is the right place for that, but i drunk a beer and here it goes...

 

Well, i don't know, i love this game, really, and it has done all that it should - since i have 3.3k hours (as stean says), a game should not be played that long(?)

But i wanna play more, so i will act like a little kid and make an unreasonable request:

-Copy D3 riftstones (hate that game, but i can't say i have nothing to do there, i just don't wanna)

 

As aways, sorry for the bad english...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

Copy D3 riftstones (hate that game, but i can't say i have nothing to do there, i just don't wanna)

If you don’t explain what that is people who haven’t played the game won’t know. I don’t know if this is a good idea or not, because I have no idea what it is, or what aspects of the system are worth implementing.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krc473 said:

If you don’t explain what that is people who haven’t played the game won’t know. I don’t know if this is a good idea or not, because I have no idea what it is, or what aspects of the system are worth implementing.

Oh, ok.

In Diablo 3. Rift Stones kind of save your progress  trought a rift - actually afer u complete a rift with a rift stone u will riceive another with higer level so u can keep trying to get higher level and chase better loot, equipmente variety, and equipment grade. Also it increses dificulty acordingly...

 

I know hard mode is coming, i just fear that this games has to much cheese in it, and people get angry when DE takes the cheese off... so i fear hard mode by it self won't do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Not quite sure how to break this to you but you've been in a loop since MR16. If that loop dissatisfies, try a different loop.

Your are wrong... i was a complete noob at MR11, since i played alone at that time...

And getting the things and learn more about the game has happening since then, i am not a master of all warframes or gameplays... day a go i i finilly make a Day&Night Equinox work properlly and been fun to use... i Just want more... like a fat chield xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

In Diablo 3. Rift Stones kind of save your progress  trought a rift - actually afer u complete a rift with a rift stone u will riceive another with higer level so u can keep trying to get higher level and chase better loot, equipmente variety, and equipment grade. Also it increses dificulty acordingly..

It sounds like an interesting system. Not sure it would work though. We lack the “better loot” aspect to it. Hard mode may have a similar issue. DE expects people to put in a lot of effort when there is no increased rewards.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krc473 said:

It sounds like an interesting system. Not sure it would work though. We lack the “better loot” aspect to it. Hard mode may have a similar issue. DE expects people to put in a lot of effort when there is no increased rewards.

It seens DE is making it to be Arbitrations 2.0, there will be compelling reasons to do, but if it becomes too easy again it won't be that fun i guess... IDK... i jst like the idea of having clear objectives easy to work... i guess i will have to wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting aside the specific suggestion, which sounds kind of like hard mode but with scaling rewards and scaling levels (both of which have possible issues for how the game's built):

If you feel like you're running out of things to do, you probably need a break. DE will, over time, come up with new content, like the new hard mode, Duviri Paradox (eventually), Corpus "Liches", etc. And while this suggestion might seem like it'd scratch your itch, there's two things to remember:

1. There are already endless challenges like ESO, and other things like sub-optimal or alternate builds or building up a new clan, that aren't tickling your fancy and

2. Resources won't last forever - there will be a point you won't need Rubedo and it'll stop being an incentive, no matter how much the game throws your way.

And really, levels are only going to go so far with adding difficulty anyway. At 3.3K hours, you pretty much know how to play the game. You know what Warframes and weapons to go to for high-level content. As that level gets higher, you know alternate options fall further to the wayside. And given the vast majority of performance is knowledge (i.e. builds), not skill, the fact that you know those things pretty much puts you at the top. Getting a proper, satisfying challenge, especially for your hours played, requires a pretty fundamental review of how the game functions - things like eliminating cheese strats, for example, and putting a touch more emphasis on player skill than builds. That could take a while, if it's ever done at all.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Setting aside the specific suggestion, which sounds kind of like hard mode but with scaling rewards and scaling levels (both of which have possible issues for how the game's built):

If you feel like you're running out of things to do, you probably need a break. DE will, over time, come up with new content, like the new hard mode, Duviri Paradox (eventually), Corpus "Liches", etc. And while this suggestion might seem like it'd scratch your itch, there's two things to remember:

1. There are already endless challenges like ESO, and other things like sub-optimal or alternate builds or building up a new clan, that aren't tickling your fancy and

2. Resources won't last forever - there will be a point you won't need Rubedo and it'll stop being an incentive, no matter how much the game throws your way.

And really, levels are only going to go so far with adding difficulty anyway. At 3.3K hours, you pretty much know how to play the game. You know what Warframes and weapons to go to for high-level content. As that level gets higher, you know alternate options fall further to the wayside. And given the vast majority of performance is knowledge (i.e. builds), not skill, the fact that you know those things pretty much puts you at the top. Getting a proper, satisfying challenge, especially for your hours played, requires a pretty fundamental review of how the game functions - things like eliminating cheese strats, for example, and putting a touch more emphasis on player skill than builds. That could take a while, if it's ever done at all.

U are right in everything u said... i did had two breakes before... but a bastard called me to play last month, and after playing for a week he quited again... and now i done again...

I guess, i just wanted to keep playing... but life is not about just what we want i guess... should stop drinking now or i will start to philosophize xD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It sounds like an interesting system. Not sure it would work though. We lack the “better loot” aspect to it. Hard mode may have a similar issue. DE expects people to put in a lot of effort when there is no increased rewards.

A clearer, beer-less explanation for the D3 Rifts, as of the last time I played the game (the system was iterated on and changed several times.)

You entered into a rift where you had to fill a progress bar by killing enemies through random zones (much like ESO.) while on a timer.  Once the bar was filled, a boss would spawn and you had to kill that boss with the time you had left.  Based on how quickly you finished the rift, you would gain access to higher starting tiers.  So if you were just under the wire your rift level might increase by 1 or not at all, but if you absolutely crushed it, it would increase by much more.  There were zero loot drops from enemies until the boss, which would absolutely dump loot.  Higher tiers, better loot, more legendary drops, but harder everything.  It was all about loot and e-peen, as well as being able to test build viability.

The primary difference between that and ESO, is that ESO is a set, arbitrary time limit where you have to maintain kill speed for a duration, then do the exact same thing in the slightly higher level next zone, repeat until the game artificially increases efficiency drain and kicks you out.  The issue with this is that it turns it into a trash mod wiping meta, with frames like Saryn, Equinox, etc. and then it doesn't even matter how strong you are because the fragile, shoddy spawn mechanics, wide-spread maps, and ever increasing efficiency drain will eventually force you out before you actually reach your real limit.  

With the rift system, you had to strategize slightly more.  Wiping just trash mobs would only get you so far.  Champion packs and bosses would also drop progress boosters, meaning that speccing for higher single target damage and champ hunting could be viable over just trash wiping.  Bringing a character that could wipe mobs quickly but couldn't deal with bosses meant you either partied up with a boss killer, or you rethought your build.  There is also no arbitrary minimum time to the end of a run.  If you could speed run the entirety of the level of rift you chose in 2 minutes then you were done in 2 minutes, got your loot and dipped.  ESO requires you to stay a minimum amount of time per zone, no matter your kill speed.

Overhauling ESO to be more like Diablo 3's Greater Rifts would be a massive improvement imo.  Making it so that zones clear faster the more efficiently you kill and not increasing efficiency drain but just letting it taper off naturally as enemy level gets too high to maintain kill speed would be absolutely amazing to me.  Throw in some added boss spawns (imagine the zone goes dark and the zealoid spawns, forcing you to find the lantern to maintain kill speed and take it out.) for added pressure and you could actually generate some semblance of actual challenge outside of straight number buffs, like they're doing in the Steel Path.  If they had the stones to put in actual scaling, worthwhile rewards, the mode would become the endgame we desperately need.

So of course it will never happen and I typed all that for nothing.

EDIT:  As for OP:  This is a game (imo) about collecting (frames, weapons, mods, kuria/fragments, etc) and endurance/speed running with a side of build theory (for the endurance running.) and dojo/ship decorating.  If you've collected everything and have reached the heights you want to reach on enemy level or mission speed, and can't or don't want to do any building/decorating, then congrats.  You've beaten Warframe.  The only other gameplay loop left once you have everything you want and have it built how you want, is to lurk recruit and help new players.  I'm 2k hours in and I haven't found anything to do in this game but that, but it still keeps me occupied.

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Silvertap said:

U are right in everything u said... i did had two breakes before... but a bastard called me to play last month, and after playing for a week he quited again... and now i done again...

I guess, i just wanted to keep playing... but life is not about just what we want i guess... should stop drinking now or i will start to philosophize xD

Perhaps this is just me extrapolating from drunken ramblings, but maybe it's less you need something to do, and more someone to do it with? After all, you came back because someone asked you to play, even when it sounds like you didn't have a ton of things to do then, either. It wasn't the allure of new stuff, but the allure of personal experience.

IDK, I'm no psychologist - but, maybe that's what you're missing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bleh, the issue isn't that some people have nothing to do. It's more that it's nothing new to do. I can still make a new build for a weapon I havn't one for yet or roll a Riven 50 times more to get a better roll or farm more prime parts to make more plat or farm more standing to prepare for the time DE decides to make Virtuos, Exodias and Paxes go up to rank 5 as well - probably the next time Plague Star is around so people who already did will play it yet again.

I find it really hard to come up with a solution as well and maybe there doesn't need to be one that perfectly solves it considering I played this game 1000s of hours already.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Silvertap said:

MR 29 - Nothing to do.... i have 3.3k hours (as stean says)

With thousands of hours and everything done, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that for now at least, you've essentially finished the game. Take a break, come bcak when there's enough new stuff to warrant a revisit?

To each their own, but I wouldn't blame a game for not being as enjoyable after I've beaten it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 3 heures, Silvertap a dit :

This is the feedback section, i don't know if here is the right place for that, but i drunk a beer and here it goes...

 

Well, i don't know, i love this game, really, and it has done all that it should - since i have 3.3k hours (as stean says), a game should not be played that long(?)

But i wanna play more, so i will act like a little kid and make an unreasonable request:

-Copy D3 riftstones (hate that game, but i can't say i have nothing to do there, i just don't wanna)

 

As aways, sorry for the bad english...

 

Hey my dude, welcome to the MR29 club!

Yes, I have only been in this "club" a few days myself with my poultry ~930-ish hours played over the course of my 7 year account age, but that's by-the-by.

I've personally spent the last 3 months or so, during recent events, getting all the weapons I didn't have, learning Lichs, learning Railjack, learning all the updates since last I played and now I am finally at MR29.

 

So....as you put it, you're now at a loss for what to do:

Have you maxed out your focus schools?

Have you maxed out all the arcanes in the game?

Do you have enough of every resource to keep you going for future content? 

Do you have all the mods in the game and are they maxed out?

Do you have all the obtainable ephemeras in the game?

Have you maxed out every Syndicate?

Have you got a Riven for every weapon you like to use?

Have you obtained all the collectibles (floofs and such)?

Have you obtained everything Baro Ki'Teer has to offer?

Is your Railjack min-maxed with all Rank 10 Intrinsics and maxed-out Avionics (this isn't required for MR29 by the way)?

etc, etc.

 

Now, I'm not saying that you are personally a completionist like me, but there is still a crap-load of stuff to do at MR29, even with 3000+ hours logged in the game. 

If you have completed absolutely everything however, then I do not know. Do what I have done and what others have suggested and take a break for a few months, or, like me, a few years, so that you can come back and have a load of stuff to learn, craft, level-up and enjoy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that would be nice, but guess what?  Not here, not now.  Maybe one day.  Literally nobody at MR 29 doesn't want more content in the game.  Your position is not at all unique.

Other things you can do (these are all things that are realistically complete-able, most of them either I have done, or know someone that has):

1) get 100k plat after min maxing and formaing all weapons with min maxing all rivens for all riven slots

2) do weekly giveaways and contests at your clan

3) help a newbie in Q&A or with a mission request for help

4) make an alt account

5) start your own clan, fund it yourself, 100+ rooms at full capacity decorated to taste, all possible research completed and max rank mountain, be sure to use lots of unique items, shop items and baro items to taste and win a dojo award.

6) complete sortie 3 solo or with all members with no mods, no gear wheel, no operator allowed (is possible), also none of your favorite meta frames/weapons allowed

7) see how far you can push arbitration survival without using specific cheese modes to not play the game as reasonably intended

8 ) collect 20/50/100 sets of all prime items

9) forma your favorite frame 100x

10) participate in races

11) collect all items in the shop (with or without tennogen depending on your cash situation)

12)  beat my personal in mission hours (about 7k at present, haven't knowingly met anyone with more, but it's completely possible)

13) Captura is a thing.  Collect all scenes and fashion frame with your full collection of rare and unique cosmetics.

14) start a youtube channel and teach others.

15) Design tennogen 

16) invent a new thing to do in the game the rest of us haven't already done/thought of and then share that idea with the community

17) This one will blow your mind:  If literally none of the above is something you are willing to do, then try go playing another game till you're rid of warframe fatigue and miss the game.  Game's been around for a minute.  Probably not going away tomorrow.  It's healthy to play other games and actually gives you insight into how to give better feedback to the devs.  I personally have taken several hiatuses.  Come back when you're ready, and generally that will be a while, and there will probably be lots of new stuff for you to do.  Heck Steel Path might be as soon as next week, so that's a thing.



 

 

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Silvertap said:

Your are wrong... i was a complete noob at MR11, since i played alone at that time...

And getting the things and learn more about the game has happening since then, i am not a master of all warframes or gameplays... day a go i i finilly make a Day&Night Equinox work properlly and been fun to use... i Just want more... like a fat chield xD

Buyer's remorse is not a gameplay style.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the recent youtube interview with Rebecca I think a decent point was put forward in that players shouldn't be afraid to put down the game and come back when there's new content. There will be a point where you've done almost everything there is to offer, it's just because warframe doesn't have this set goal it can at times be hard to make the realisation you may have exhausted the game for now even if maybe you haven't absolutely maxed everything like focus cause you don't find solely focus farming etc. enjoyable. No player should be afraid to take a few months off then come back.

Even if they add whatever recommended mechanic to create an endgame it'll have limited rewards, one of the few ways to drag out those rewards long enough for them to be some long term endgame would be to randomise them so it takes longer to get the best version of something. But they did that with rivens and now every update has to be aware of the threat of the riven mafia raising their torches and pitchforks because of price changes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)snoopy-dog64 said:

In the recent youtube interview with Rebecca I think a decent point was put forward in that players shouldn't be afraid to put down the game and come back when there's new content. There will be a point where you've done almost everything there is to offer, it's just because warframe doesn't have this set goal it can at times be hard to make the realisation you may have exhausted the game for now even if maybe you haven't absolutely maxed everything like focus cause you don't find solely focus farming etc. enjoyable. No player should be afraid to take a few months off then come back.

She actually said that? Good, because that's a smart position. Do you have a link to that interview? But incidentally, I agree. If you're burning out on the game and nothing seems fun, just leave and play another game for a while. You do yourself no favours by forcing yourself to play a game you no longer enjoy. It's better to leave on good terms than to burn out and rage-quit. In the former case, you can always come back later. In the latter, that might not always be the case.

It's just odd she'd say that, though, given how hard DE try to keep people logging in every day through habit-forming appointment mechanics, battle passes, FOMO, manufactured scarcity and time-gated crap. She's right, but she might want to let the rest of the staff know, is all 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

She actually said that? Good, because that's a smart position. Do you have a link to that interview? But incidentally, I agree. If you're burning out on the game and nothing seems fun, just leave and play another game for a while. You do yourself no favours by forcing yourself to play a game you no longer enjoy. It's better to leave on good terms than to burn out and rage-quit. In the former case, you can always come back later. In the latter, that might not always be the case.

It's just odd she'd say that, though, given how hard DE try to keep people logging in every day through habit-forming appointment mechanics, battle passes, FOMO, manufactured scarcity and time-gated crap. She's right, but she might want to let the rest of the staff know, is all 🙂

 

Yeah i get what your saying with that last bit, nightwave was also touched on a bit that with catchup and everything for that atleast they're trying to promote a sense of always being able to come back later and get rewards, dont have to get things at the earliest point possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Buyer's remorse is not a gameplay style

I didn't get what u mean... Are u implying that i bought Warframe? And so i made my self play it more then i wanted just because i bought it? Because if that is the case u are wrong again, for manny reasons... But can u explain a little better? so i don't misunderstand what u meant...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's a common problem past MR16. You reach the point where you've done everything.

You fool yourself into believing otherwise by grinding out more MR, so once you have all the MR available in the game, you suddenly realize the truth... the game is lacking in content.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-07-04 at 8:41 PM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

You entered into a rift where you had to fill a progress bar by killing enemies through random zones (much like ESO.) while on a timer.  Once the bar was filled, a boss would spawn and you had to kill that boss with the time you had left.  Based on how quickly you finished the rift, you would gain access to higher starting tiers.  So if you were just under the wire your rift level might increase by 1 or not at all, but if you absolutely crushed it, it would increase by much more.  There were zero loot drops from enemies until the boss, which would absolutely dump loot.  Higher tiers, better loot, more legendary drops, but harder everything.  It was all about loot and e-peen, as well as being able to test build viability.

The primary difference between that and ESO, is that ESO is a set, arbitrary time limit where you have to maintain kill speed for a duration, then do the exact same thing in the slightly higher level next zone, repeat until the game artificially increases efficiency drain and kicks you out.  The issue with this is that it turns it into a trash mod wiping meta, with frames like Saryn, Equinox, etc. and then it doesn't even matter how strong you are because the fragile, shoddy spawn mechanics, wide-spread maps, and ever increasing efficiency drain will eventually force you out before you actually reach your real limit.  

With the rift system, you had to strategize slightly more.  Wiping just trash mobs would only get you so far.  Champion packs and bosses would also drop progress boosters, meaning that speccing for higher single target damage and champ hunting could be viable over just trash wiping.  Bringing a character that could wipe mobs quickly but couldn't deal with bosses meant you either partied up with a boss killer, or you rethought your build.  There is also no arbitrary minimum time to the end of a run.  If you could speed run the entirety of the level of rift you chose in 2 minutes then you were done in 2 minutes, got your loot and dipped.  ESO requires you to stay a minimum amount of time per zone, no matter your kill speed.

Overhauling ESO to be more like Diablo 3's Greater Rifts would be a massive improvement imo.  Making it so that zones clear faster the more efficiently you kill and not increasing efficiency drain but just letting it taper off naturally as enemy level gets too high to maintain kill speed would be absolutely amazing to me.  Throw in some added boss spawns (imagine the zone goes dark and the zealoid spawns, forcing you to find the lantern to maintain kill speed and take it out.) for added pressure and you could actually generate some semblance of actual challenge outside of straight number buffs, like they're doing in the Steel Path.  If they had the stones to put in actual scaling, worthwhile rewards, the mode would become the endgame we desperately need.

So of course it will never happen and I typed all that for nothing.

Yeah, that sounds like it would be a vast improvement to ESO... and I agree, it likely won't ever happen. DE either lacks the manpower or the will to keep game modes properly updated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Yeah, that's a common problem past MR16. You reach the point where you've done everything.

You fool yourself into believing otherwise by grinding out more MR, so once you have all the MR available in the game, you suddenly realize the truth... the game is lacking in content.

I don't feel like that, for me, i have a lot of fun in the grinding, hunting new weapons, developing builds, playing in the market, maneging a clã, and etc... i'm not unhappy with the game, i feel i sucked the fun of it pretty well, and i enjoyed so much that i want more... The only thing this game realy lacks is a more accessible endless runs. This is a looter game u know, the fun is getting the things, hunt then. But it could also have better ways for u to use your development... U can't say that it is "buyer remorse", i never had that in any game, if i didn't enjoy warframe, i would never get back to it by the third time. i have been getting MR lvl Cap since a year ago, 27,28 and now 29; before reaching cap, i played the game nonstop and was fun - i have a ship full of fluffys just for u to know (lol, not that does mean anything). I have no remorse to warframe, i want more, just that ^^...

Well, i don't think i foolled myself, it would be the case if was not having fun...

That is why i said i was been unreasonable, 3k+ hours... but i want more...

Edited by Silvertap
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-07-04 at 8:31 PM, Silvertap said:

This is the feedback section, i don't know if here is the right place for that, but i drunk a beer and here it goes...

 

Well, i don't know, i love this game, really, and it has done all that it should - since i have 3.3k hours (as stean says), a game should not be played that long(?)

But i wanna play more, so i will act like a little kid and make an unreasonable request:

-Copy D3 riftstones (hate that game, but i can't say i have nothing to do there, i just don't wanna)

 

As aways, sorry for the bad english...

Grind out high value items and sell for super cheap in an attempt to destabilize the market. That's what I did before my last hiatus when I was left in a similar situation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...