Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

not even a 4th July event or special

Killa_Byte

11 minutes ago, Killa_Byte said:

instead of a troll type question as what warframe needs a buff the most < I would state my disappointment in no event or special  for the 4th of July  

As someone not from America, I would rather not have a 4th July event. There is no meaning to it. It’s better to stick to more “universal” things.

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I hope that is not why. How could people be happier when DE doing less?

How is an event for a national holiday for a different country doing more for the game?  

Also, if this were a normal year I could see small events but with everything going on and the bulk of their staff working from home, is it reasonable to expect events like OP is wanting?

Just now, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

What was the drama about, though? I'm guessing something political?

Yeah.  Pretty much "If you celebrate American holidays, why aren't you celebrating xyz holidays as well?"  "I want a color pallet for abc too" only, a lot meaner and all over the Forums.

20 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

How is an event for a national holiday for a different country doing more for the game?  

Also, if this were a normal year I could see small events but with everything going on and the bulk of their staff working from home, is it reasonable to expect events like OP is wanting?

Yeah.  Pretty much "If you celebrate American holidays, why aren't you celebrating xyz holidays as well?"  "I want a color pallet for abc too" only, a lot meaner and all over the Forums.

Ah yes Whataboutism at it's finest. we saw this very recently with the BLM thing.

Doesn't really make sense to have a 4th of July day. It is not an American's game. It's made by Canadian developers and played by players all over the world. If you are gonna have a 4th of July u need to have a day for every country that has Warframe players.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Ah yes Whataboutism at it's finest. we saw this very recently with the BLM thing.

While I admit that I stick with the game and DE because of how moral and ethical they manage their company, jumping into the choppy waters of picking and choosing what to support/honor rarely ends well. 

It would be nice if DE just set up seasonal events with no specific ties that granted items that could be used for player made specific events. Just, give us the tools to make our own 4th of July or Bastille Day or whatever.  DE doesn't need to slap their own stamp on it.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

While I admit that I stick with the game and DE because of how moral and ethical they manage their company, jumping into the choppy waters of picking and choosing what to support/honor rarely ends well. 

It would be nice if DE just set up seasonal events with no specific ties that granted items that could be used for player made specific events. Just, give us the tools to make our own 4th of July or Bastille Day or whatever.  DE doesn't need to slap their own stamp on it.

Worldwide Independence or Country Foundation Remembrance Event Weekend!

Favorite Sports Team Remembrance Event Weekend!

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Worldwide Independence or Country Foundation Remembrance Event Weekend!

That could be set up as a Founders Appreciation event tbh.

Favorite Sports Team Remembrance Event Weekend!

PvP event. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

That could be set up as a Founders Appreciation event tbh.

PvP event. 

Just make it so generic and non-specific that nobody could be offended or perplexed... but at the same time, absolutely hilarious how generic it would be!

Still, I'm very surprised DE does not do Canada Day events. It would not bother/surprise me as an American that a Canadian company hold a Canada Day event in their own game!

Just now, nslay said:

Just make it so generic and non-specific that nobody could be offended or perplexed... but at the same time, absolutely hilarious how generic it would be!

Still, I'm very surprised DE does not do Canada Day events. It would not bother/surprise me as an American that a Canadian company hold a Canada Day event in their own game!

Little surprised they don't either, honestly.  

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Little surprised they don't either, honestly.  

Another lost opportunity for DE to share Canadian culture with the rest of the world. DE has truly deprived us... did they put the unusual Newfoundland and Labrador accents into Fortuna? No... they put possibly fake British accents in Fortuna. Or what about Quebec French (with subtitles)? First Nation languages? I don't know... Could be very cool if they put a Canadian touch in some of their content to make it distinct, unique and maybe even educational.

Another lost opportunity for DE to share Canadian culture with the rest of the world. DE has truly deprived us... did they put the unusual Newfoundland and Labrador accents into Fortuna? No... they put possibly fake British accents in Fortuna. Or what about Quebec French (with subtitles)? First Nation languages? I don't know... Could be very cool if they put a Canadian touch in some of their content to make it distinct, unique and maybe even educational.

ngl, they wasted a lot of chances to present alternative story telling.  Granted, they probably didn't set out with that in mind.  If I had the money I'd see about getting people together to redo some lines and voices just to see how they'd do with regional accents and such. 

Did you check the market to see if the American colour picker was back for 1 credit in the market? That's all they've ever done for the fourth of July which is more than has ever been done for Canada day. 

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

ngl, they wasted a lot of chances to present alternative story telling.  Granted, they probably didn't set out with that in mind.  If I had the money I'd see about getting people together to redo some lines and voices just to see how they'd do with regional accents and such. 

Looking at the voice actors in Warframe Wiki... Eudico and Little Duck are apparently the real deal. They're really British! Shows what I know about British accents.

Looking at the voice actors in Warframe Wiki... Eudico and Little Duck are apparently the real deal. They're really British! Shows what I know about British accents.

lol run voice in game, hear a lot of accents. 

Archived