Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea = Bae

59 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The buffs she recieved got her to a really good spot.

One thing I wonder is if her specter can actually provide a decent dps boost with the turrets.

Afaik, Specters won’t be modded so her Blazing Artillery and Dispensary will be base duration only.

And maaaaaaaaannn, Protea modded for Duration is fun.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Her kit is ridiculous. Free energy/health/ammo, and will never be used because her 4th so infinite resources. And auto turrets will shoot everything to death before I even see it. I don't even need to bring weapons. 

I just wish she had some nuance, but it's classic Warframe design of power spam.

Hey. 

Now you stop it. Cut it out. Don't be like that. 

10 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

What’s there to nerf about her? None of her abilities scale with high level enemies

Yea but that not the only reason players yell nerf.  She just so nice when well modded. People who don't have her yet may be the 1st to find something to pick at.

13 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

LOL how is protea a nuke frame?

People always throw around the word nuke. "If it kills more than 1 mob at a time then its a nuke!"

Just like how a frame is "tanky" just because a stray enemy bullet doesn't leave them at critically low health.

Being so binary when categorizing things is what skews the definitions and throws off the rest of us who know what the words actually mean.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Let's not act like players won't pull something from nothing. 

Also if I did feel there was something, I'm not the one to bring it up lmao.

But it's DE who decides to nerf or not to nerf. If people had any power, all nukers would have been either nerfed or reworked but that is not the case. Can't play the game when everything is dead. Maybe one day... Heh, who am i kidding?

"How am I gonna stop some big mean motherhubbard from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun."

Very quickly became one of my favourite frames. I've been using her to play Disruptions and Interceptions - not because she's particularly good at them - Nova is still my first choice - but because she's so much fun. I've also been Forma-ing my Fluctus just for her, because the Dispensary's Ammo pickups basically make her the queen of Arch guns.

So yeah, thumb from me as well. First new frame I really like since Wisp.

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

"How am I gonna stop some big mean motherhubbard from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun."

Very quickly became one of my favourite frames. I've been using her to play Disruptions and Interceptions - not because she's particularly good at them - Nova is still my first choice - but because she's so much fun. I've also been Forma-ing my Fluctus just for her, because the Dispensary's Ammo pickups basically make her the queen of Arch guns.

So yeah, thumb from me as well. First new frame I really like since Wisp.

Pretty much same thoughts. She’s a blast to use, really excellent job

13 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

But it's DE who decides to nerf or not to nerf. If people had any power, all nukers would have been either nerfed or reworked but that is not the case. Can't play the game when everything is dead. Maybe one day... Heh, who am i kidding?

If people had any power. Have you heard of trinity or prerework prenerf ember?

4 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

If people had any power. Have you heard of trinity or prerework prenerf ember?

Ember got reworked after being able to do the same S#&$ as all the nukers today, except it was worse, just run forward and EVERYTHING dies, no need to even stop to press a button. So, after 5 more years, maybe the nukers of today will get reworked.

19 hours ago, CodeUltimate said:

LOL how is protea a nuke frame?

Cast her 1 to CC room and spam her guns to kill entire room while having infinite energy. If all players have to do is spam her abilities randomly it's a nuke. But if a player needs a level of skill to target enemies individual it's not. It was the same as Bramma. Players needed no skill shooting at walls would randomly kill hoard and even though walls. Brain dead play tactic. 

It's funny because DE doesn't want AFK gaming but with macros, Protea is just that in her state.

For me it almost always goes like this: If a new frame gets shown on devstreams and by PC players before I can play the frame and I don't like what I see I end up liking the frame when playing it and if I like it the frame before having played it I end up being disappointed once I play it.

I didn't like Protea when she was shown and Youtubers and the devs did a terrible job showing how she actually plays in hindsight, but after six Forma I have to say her gameplay loop is one of the most satisfying ones in the game and manages to incorporate all four abilities. Are her abilities the ultimate best endgame damage abilities? Nope. But man does she just play well solely using her abilities.

Archived