Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extraction Rooms

Lazarow

Extraction rooms are must have, yes, however I thought about it a bit and how we have Tenno extraction rooms in places non-tenno. Lets leave aside that this is a game and dive in the universe of Warframe. So why would, in grineer and corpus maps there are tenno extraction rooms. Yes I do get that those 'extraction doors' are the buttom of our landing craft and we just get in it. But the size of these doorframes is perfectly sized for these landing crafts, and I have not seen corpus/grineer using similar ways to extract/get on board as usually theyd do this on landing pads or something like a drydock. Maybe when tehy were building the ships one of them suggested they'd need tenno extraction rooms, like what? I dont understand this, yet I know its an overthing.

We do have landing pads like on jupiter and earth where we reach an area open enough for landing crafts to come to and that is logical, but I just dont understand how these extraction rooms are a part of enemy ships

I've been thinking about this too. I guess those rooms are not intended to be used by us, but by Corpus or Grineer ships, carrying troops or resources. The fact we didn't see such ships means nothing. The only transporters we know of are the small ones seen in open worlds and some other tiles, and I doubt they use those if they want to ship thousands of soldiers. We just have nothing to do with those big transporters, hence they aren't in the game. 

So the extraction zones aren't built for us, but we designed our landing crafts to be able to connect to them.

25 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Maybe when tehy were building the ships one of them suggested they'd need tenno extraction rooms, like what?

Or maybe they want us to have a convenient way to extract after we're done robbing them and decimating their numbers, because after making all that mess, they don't need us to add to the reparation expenses by blowing a Tenno sized hole on the ship so we can leave 😃

THANK YOU! Someone finally pointed it out! Was Planning to make a post about it too, but you beat me to it. And while onthe subject, allow me to elaborate;

Missions taking place in space should have extraction rooms similar to space stations in Railjack, in which you leave using your archwing, I mean, you are in space right? Maybe you could add something like a gate with an sort of "force field" to stop the air from leaving the room or something.

Edit;

Also, I need to point out that the door frames are way too close to each other, which means that our landing crafts would crash into eachother when joined together to extract each one of us, what with there being 4 slots/door frames.

Missions that take place on a planet are already done correctly, without breaking our immersion.

Speaking of, I think we can all agree that it would be pretty dope if we could extract straight from open word into our orbiter without going through it's corresponding hub area (Fortuna, Cetus)

10 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

Speaking of, I think we can all agree that it would be pretty dope if we could extract straight from open word into our orbiter without going through it's corresponding hub area (Fortuna, Cetus)

Seems like everyone forgot.

in Saya’s Vigil quest there is an animation of your landing craft extracting you from the landscape itself and you can extract directly. Why didn’t DE implement these extraction zones outside of the quests surprises me.

They really aren't exactly extraction rooms perse, the Tenno call them that because that is what the Tenno use them for. In actuality they are airlocks that our landing craft have the ability to utilize. You will notice on some Grineer tilesets that there are weapon stations near them, and in some old corpus ship tilesets the rooms have spacesuit parts. This indicates that they are a two way access port. 

Outside of Escape Pods, Hangar Bays, and Launch Tubes you need a way to access the outside of your ship for maintenance and or transfer of goods or individuals easily and quickly these Extraction Rooms (Air Locks) serve that purpose. In most instances these rooms have anywhere from 1 in some corpus sets to 4 in Grineer or Corpus sets which seems to be the standard squad size for most enemy teams as well. 

When we consider the Archwing missions the Grineer and Corpus units we encounter have to get out there somehow and this is logically one way.

Could be wrong, but after watching enough Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Stargate, any number of Gundam anime, and any number of space sci fi anime you would honestly look at those points in the ship in that manner.

I've always been kinda annoyed at the whole "A vent falls down and the Tenno jump down" intro that plagues almost every location.

Many of these if you look up afterwards it breaks the immersion as the ceiling doesn't support that kind of action.

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

I've always been kinda annoyed at the whole "A vent falls down and the Tenno jump down" intro that plagues almost every location.

Many of these if you look up afterwards it breaks the immersion as the ceiling doesn't support that kind of action.

Entering fortuna through the celiling makes me cringe, I get it, space ninjas, but even then it is completely unnecessary in context, you are not a ventkid, Tenno are still allowed to roam freely on Grineer and Corpus territory at their own peril in some cases, there is no reason the Tenno need to "infiltrate" Fortuna every time.

4 hours ago, Lazarow said:

We do have landing pads like on jupiter and earth where we reach an area open enough for landing crafts to come to and that is logical, but I just dont understand how these extraction rooms are a part of enemy ships

The reason why goes all the way back to the 2005 Dark Sectors trailer: landing crafts have a cutting laser on the underside that shears out a rectangle of hull plating, then docks with the rectangle

36 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Tenno are still allowed to roam freely on Grineer and Corpus territory at their own peril in some cases, there is no reason the Tenno need to "infiltrate" Fortuna every time.

What's the Grineer territory in question?

19 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The reason why goes all the way back to the 2005 Dark Sectors trailer: landing crafts have a cutting laser on the underside that shears out a rectangle of hull plating, then docks with the rectangle

What's the Grineer territory in question?

Invasions, sounds a bit silly but consider how they are active most of the time so imagine Grineer seeing Tenno every now and then and having to confirm with their commanders if they are currently supporting their faction.

24 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

Also for some fun history.

Little easter egg at 2:18 if you know what I mean.

50 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That sounds interesting,

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

ikr, its like we teleport inside or something

5 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Also, I need to point out that the door frames are way too close to each other, which means that our landing crafts would crash into eachother when joined together to extract each one of us, what with there being 4 slots/door frames.

That too I forgot to point it out, its strange. Also we only every see ourselfs extracting and not the others, the only door that is used is the 2nd or 3rd or that is which one is used on the extracting animation, also if I remember correctly there is one extraction room with a single extraction door in a corpus tile. Extraction rooms need a remaster by just being more wide apart

8 hours ago, Lazarow said:

...but I just dont understand how these extraction rooms are a part of enemy ships

uumm...they arent.

your ship is outside sitting on the hull of the ship youre in. the "extraction room" is simply the closest spot your lander could find that had an area it could cut into.

i think the real question is...why do these enormous ships have never ending expansive hallways and empty rooms that dont seem to have a function. where are the sleeping quarters, the galley, the bathrooms...ANYTHING at all that looks like it has a function and needs to be on the ship? where are all the enemies coming from and why are they on the ship at all...no ones ever actually doing anything...where the bridge? whos flying the thing? whos in charge? these are huge vast space faring vessels that somehow have artificial gravity and everything...and yet nothing we ever see on them looks like it does anything at all. what are these ships for exactly?

i mean, sure i get it...its a game and we need enough room to do what were doing...but...jeez. thats a lot of engineering and building for 99% empty cavernous hallways that dont go anywhere.

12 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Entering fortuna through the celiling makes me cringe, I get it, space ninjas, but even then it is completely unnecessary in context, you are not a ventkid, Tenno are still allowed to roam freely on Grineer and Corpus territory at their own peril in some cases, there is no reason the Tenno need to "infiltrate" Fortuna every time.

I think Railjack established that warframes can phase through hulls and teleport back to Railjacks. The whole missing vent thing is funny though. 

I'm more interested in a force extract selection at extraction myself. It's annoying to wait one minute at extraction only to have the timer reset for some random objective or whatever. I don't mind waiting a minute since I know it's there to reduce migration. For the host it should still be in place, but if I'm not hosting I'd like to go immediately, and I need the timer to stay consistent no matter what objective or operator switch or whatever happens. 

The thing that bugs me the most is that there are no VFX for the depressurization from the giant hole we leave exposed to the vacuum of space. Even though the old ass Dark Sector trailer from way back had them. It looks a million times better than the hole left in the ship when we extract now.

eb70fa0dc4a9579cfb765e30324fafb6.gif

8 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i think the real question is...why do these enormous ships have never ending expansive hallways and empty rooms that dont seem to have a function. where are the sleeping quarters, the galley, the bathrooms...ANYTHING at all that looks like it has a function and needs to be on the ship? where are all the enemies coming from and why are they on the ship at all...no ones ever actually doing anything...where the bridge? whos flying the thing? whos in charge? these are huge vast space faring vessels that somehow have artificial gravity and everything...and yet nothing we ever see on them looks like it does anything at all. what are these ships for exactly?

i mean, sure i get it...its a game and we need enough room to do what were doing...but...jeez. thats a lot of engineering and building for 99% empty cavernous hallways that dont go anywhere.

The Jupiter one has a few of those rooms so do the new corpus ships,

DE is not one for consistency but that is one tile set rework that has some of those holes fixed, maybe we can hope for more changes for others.

I Personally feel that all Enemy Ships will have either an interface for their ships to send and receive troops through smaller crafts / Barges (the 4 man extraction rooms)

Or a garbage chute/ emergency airlock.

And If i think from a common sense perspective , having a universal port for ingress and egress makes more sense (you want to trade? too bad my access port is round and yours is square , so we cant trade)

Thats why even though there are different Aircrafts in the world you can still (usually) access the airport through the same bridges.

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The thing that bugs me the most is that there are no VFX for the depressurization from the giant hole we leave exposed to the vacuum of space. Even though the old ass Dark Sector trailer from like 2015 had them. It looks a million times better than the hole left in the ship when we extract now.

Only on the solar rails does this happen in WF.

I always thought the extraction rooms were built to the same spec as the old orokin ships - if you have a design for an airlock that works why spend the money to update it, that will reduce your departments profit for the period and leave you in the same place you are now if you're lucky, with an airlock that works.

DE could eliminate them from the designs, leading to us having to place an extraction charge and defend it for a minute or two or find a garbage chute that leads to space.

7 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The thing that bugs me the most is that there are no VFX for the depressurization from the giant hole we leave exposed to the vacuum of space. Even though the old ass Dark Sector trailer from like 2015 had them. It looks a million times better than the hole left in the ship when we extract now.

oh cool, i never saw that before. that would be pretty sweet if we got to see like whatever enemies were in the area get sucked into space

Archived