Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sergeant Buff!

With the Deadlock Protocol now on all platforms and the Jackal revamped for a greater challenge, I feel as if another :corpus:Corpus boss deserves a buff in every aspect: The Sergeant. Here's what I can recommend in terms of buffs related to the Sergeant:

-More abilities: The Sergeant behaves too similarly to a regular crewman, and teleportation is not enough to set the bar between the two. Additional abilities such as those similar to Rhino's stomp, Excalibur's Radial blind would make the Sergeant a more formidable opponent. What would be another good idea for the Sergeant's AI would be to have a fail-safe in case teleporting doesn't seem to work. He can attempt to activate a corrupt nullifier shield if the Tenno gets too close.

-Damage buff: Instead of running away, The sergeant will actually fight against the Tenno using his snipetron rifle. Increased damage would make him more dangerous, especially if puncture was increased.

-Shield/Health buff: The Sergeant ends up dying too soon. Giving him a big health or shield buff would kind of change the pace of the fight. In addition, increased shield regeneration speed is suggestive.

These are just some tips for changing the boss on Phobos. I do recommend keeping the character design as it is. However, I have noticed that the sergeant doesn't have a proper intro or unique voice. Making those changes would be great as well.

The Sergeant is already up for a full rework. He's not intended to remain as he is, and supposedly he's to be replaced by Nef Anyo. But nothing is confirmed as of now, only that DE intends to do so.

It's not by chance that Nef Anyo was originally The Sergeant himself, in all it's "default npc" glory.

Do not understimate The sergeant, he will be the most lethal corpus boss .. propably. It maybe just a deception but The sergeant is just an image, his power is at Profit Taker, orb mother, Razorback armada. Soon our railjack will face spacecrafts from the corpus and more. He is no more than a Corpus sniper but instead of spawning critters, he spawned a whole army that we have to fight across entire system.

So as I can see he is a very powerful boss enough, just not his " VESSEL " but it his influence.

Archived