Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Mode has too few enemies (Arbitrations/Relics)

OricSharp

I just had to wrap up a Solo Survival Arbitration (Lua tileset, if it matters) before 20 minutes not because I was being overwhelmed, or having any actual difficulty, but because there were too few enemies, so I couldn't get enough life support. I was, in fact, quite underwhelmed. If I had, in fact, been overwhelmed, and died under a tidal wave of screaming freak-flesh and buddydrones, I would have been more satisfied than I am now. Instead, I geared up for an endurance run with high-level, theoretically enemies, and got ghosted until the life support ran out. This should not be able to happen. Ever. Especially not in Arbitrations.

Similarly, it's exceedingly difficult to successfully open relics on Solo Interception missions - regardless of relic era, in my experience - because there just aren't enough enemies, and therefore not enough reactant, so the relic stays shut because...nobody shows up to defend the towers.

There's no point belaboring the point further. Short version is: Solo mode Arbitrations, and Solo Interception Fissures, are lacking in enemy headcount, and that's the only reason I've had a less-than-satisfactory experience with them thus far.

Suggestion: Allow the Host to choose how many players a mission scales spawns to, with actual headcount as minimum (4 players can't scale it to 2, but 1 can scale it to 4). This is the easiest fix with the best chance of avoiding backlash, and allows for the players to choose how swarmed they want to be.

il y a 1 minute, OricSharp a dit :

I just had to wrap up a Solo Survival Arbitration (Lua tileset, if it matters) before 20 minutes not because I was being overwhelmed, or having any actual difficulty, but because there were too few enemies, so I couldn't get enough life support. I was, in fact, quite underwhelmed. If I had, in fact, been overwhelmed, and died under a tidal wave of screaming freak-flesh and buddydrones, I would have been more satisfied than I am now. Instead, I geared up for an endurance run with high-level, theoretically enemies, and got ghosted until the life support ran out. This should not be able to happen. Ever. Especially not in Arbitrations.

Similarly, it's exceedingly difficult to successfully open relics on Solo Interception missions - regardless of relic era, in my experience - because there just aren't enough enemies, and therefore not enough reactant, so the relic stays shut because...nobody shows up to defend the towers.

There's no point belaboring the point further. Short version is: Solo mode Arbitrations, and Solo Interception Fissures, are lacking in enemy headcount, and that's the only reason I've had a less-than-satisfactory experience with them thus far.

Suggestion: Allow the Host to choose how many players a mission scales spawns to, with actual headcount as minimum (4 players can't scale it to 2, but 1 can scale it to 4). This is the easiest fix with the best chance of avoiding backlash, and allows for the players to choose how swarmed they want to be.

The upcoming hardmode is having increased spawn rates for enemies, including for solo mode. Perhaps that might help you here?

9 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

The upcoming hardmode is having increased spawn rates for enemies, including for solo mode. Perhaps that might help you here?

And level 100+... no thank you. Not for me.
---------------
Not only interceptions. I recently run survival on the new Wahiba/Mars. It was very boring. Spawns for solo is too small or too big...

13 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

3 hours ago, quxier said:

And level 100+... no thank you. Not for me.

Firstly, this demonstrates perfectly why I'm suggesting the solution I'm suggesting - one player suggests waiting for Steel Path, the other takes issue with the enemy level.

Secondly, that won't really do much, unless I (and any theoretical players in my situation; I doubt I'm the only one) play these scenarios in Steel Path. I don't even know if Fissures and Arbitrations will be available on release for Steel Path, or how they'll work. Will I have to go through the entire Star Chart again to unlock Steel Path Arbitrations to find out if this improves Survival Arbitrations?

That seems excessively demanding, when the issue could be resolved by allowing the player to tell the game "Hey, just pretend I have a buddy for the purpose of spawn rates."

Archived