Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we give Assimilate a touch up?

BackstreetBois

This is a biased request coming from a long-time Nyx player. In this post, I will cover two topics where I feel that Assimilate needs a touch up/buff.

A lot of mobility-based augments for 4th abilities can be placed in the Exilus slot. Mods such as Mesa's Waltz, Catapult, and Hysterical Assault all add mobility to their respective frame's 4th ability. Granted, these 4th abilities come with the caveat that the player can't use their weapons during the ability, but for most of them, the ability makes up for that with some sort of damage while the ability is active, not just when it's deactivated.

The main mod to which I compare Assimilate to is Mesa's Waltz. This because the buffs added by the augments are practically the same. Mesa's Waltz allows Mesa to move at 50% speed while using peacemaker. Assimilate allows Nyx to move at 50% while using Absorb, but the area of the Ability is reduced by half. Pretty similar, but Mesa's Waltz has one unlisted benefit: Mesa can roll during Peacemaker. While that might not seem like a big deal, It allows Mesa to Wild Wild West every enemy at breakneck speeds. 

So, the two changes that I would love to see Assimilate receive are:
1. Become an Exilus mod
2. Allow Nyx to roll during Absorb

Thank you for reading. I'd love to hear how my fellow Tenno feel about this!

It is kinda unfair but you should not leave out that Nyx ignores every damge with it while Mesa, as much damage she can do of course, is still vulnerable to attacks, dots and waht not and can't use her other abilitys like Nyx can.

Her absorb instead should be normal like this considering her range is good but doesn't really do much damage still, so make Absorbtion fully in her ability without the range and rewok Assimilate completly as Augment.

I love her to and not want much reworks and more tweak, i more use her as CC anyway then a tank, but this would allow better survival ability simply.

Assimilate, at minimum, needs to become the base ability. At maximum, a full rework or replacement of the ability. 

She's one of my most used frames since 2013, and there's one thing that's very apparent over these many updates - There is no place for Absorb in this game. You cannot use Absorb while also playing this fast paced hoard shooter as intended.

Archived