Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea Farm, one of the worst grindfest ever added

(NSW)Sim11

Soooo, When the Deadlock Protocal dropped on console, I started the grind.Once I started I felt pretty good, the granum void was really fun,until I grinded for nearly a week now and I haven't got any of the parts. RNJesus not making me happy. Please share your experiences guys with your protea farming. Stay Safe Tenno! 

I don't think it's the worst grind out there. Khora takes that spot for me. 

What I don't particularly care for is how the Mortus shoulder guard becomes a dead drop after the first time you acquire it. At least I can sell the weapon parts for credits and get something out of it. 

Let's not forget Mesa at her peak, which was behind quite a bit of RNG AND timegating. RNG to get the macguffins needed to build the key - three times per run it used to be, I might add - and then possibly waiting to actually receive the co-ordinates if you got them from invasions. After that, another time gate whilst you waited for the mission key to be made, and then you run the boss, and then it's RNG to get the piece you actually want. That was not a pleasant farm...

It took me three nights to get her and all the weapons.  One night for each tier, got the weapon blueprints from Jackal on the first night too.  Only thing I'm missing is the middle tier coin decoration but I don't really care about that as I don't think I want to put them anywhere anyway.  Frankly, I'd feel sorry for the people who bought her if it was easier.

Why do these threads keep popping up?! 

Is it just because Protea is new? 
I don´t remember quite that much influx of complaining when other Frames with a lot of rng came out and Protea is mild compared to many of them. 
Remember Void Mission/Derelict C - Rotation Rare Drops?
In the time it took to get there in a defense or survival, you can easily collect several Coins and run several Granum Void missions.
And then there are things like Equinox, Nidus... 
Vauban was time AND mission gated, thanks to only being available through Alerts. So was Mesa, which put a rng on top of it!
Ivara took me an ungodly time, which is called bad rng. Sometimes you are on the far side of the bell curve, that is just how it works. Changing the way rng works in Warframe has been discussed a lot of times, since at least back when Sorties came out and there was talk about changing it to a token system.
Then they introduced several "tokens", like from the Anomaly into the game and.... didn`t do it for the new mode which literally uses Coins...
Yeah, strange design decision, especially since the Granum Void will die out if it doesn`t get changed, once people got the unique parts there, since it offers little else of worth at the time.   
Then there are things like the Hema...

No, Protea is not even close to the worst grind in Warframe.
If you are extremely unlucky, then everything with rng can be "the worst" for you personally, which is how rng on an individual basis works and if you don`t like how you have to farm something, it obviously feels worse.

Tipp 1: If, for some reason, you have several coins of a specific type you still need a reward for, simply run the Granum Void mission in a fast Capture mission, since it is usually the fastest. The Coins don`t care what level the mission is, so you can use the low level Capture to run the highest Coin. 
Tipp 2: I found it much more efficient to have at least one coin I need at the start of a mission, because, at least what I could tell, the timer for the treasurer to spawn will run while you are in the Granum Void (or at least it feels that way). So instead of going into a mission and wait several minutes for him to spawn, then play the Void, then start a mission again and wait for several minutes, go into a mission with a surplus coin, so you can kill time, while you wait for the Treasurer to spawn. Makes the farming go much more smoothly, without much lost time.

This pretty much boils down to "I'm unlucky with RNG"

Protea is accessible and easy to farm. The void is easily cheesed with varios Frames/Weapons

The longest thing in the misson should be the wait for the coin to spawn for the next run

Be happy its not on a 20min C rotation on a map/mode nobody plays like Nidus parts or Octavia neuroptics

It all comes down to being unlucky with RNG - the missons itself is trivial and fast

55 minutes ago, (NSW)Sim11 said:

Soooo, When the Deadlock Protocal dropped on console, I started the grind.Once I started I felt pretty good, the granum void was really fun,until I grinded for nearly a week now and I haven't got any of the parts. RNJesus not making me happy. Please share your experiences guys with your protea farming. Stay Safe Tenno! 

It's pretty hilarious how every time someone says that "this grind is the worst" (happens every time by the way) people come to tell them that "you think this is bad? you should have seen the others!". The fact is that they are all equal BS, they are not fun and that is not the point. The point is to make them suck on purpose, so that instead of playing the game to get it, you buy it with plat. According to people on the forums, they all think they suck and bought them to skip the dull crap that it was. So as i said, working beautifully. You people are the reason DE will continue to make them dumber and dumber every time.

You weren't around for broken war grind before ss/jupiter rework apparently.
Just a hint:

Drop Chance Expected Nearly Guaranteed
Main Blueprint 2.765% 36 – 37 Shadow Stalker kills 246 ± 82 Shadow Stalker kills
Hilt 0.5% 300 Conculyst/Aerolyst kills 1836 ± 783 Conculyst/Aerolyst kills
Blade 0.5%

before for the blade and hild there were only Conculyst that spawned only on lua once per mission and sometimes didn't spawn at all
and nearly guaranteed doesn't mean guaranteed, so ... it could have gone beyond 3k 

12 minutes ago, Happynuke said:

Why do these threads keep popping up?!

Because it was a long time ago since the grindier frames came out. And most of those frames have prime versions which are easier to get.

Gauss, Hildryn, Grendel, Wisp. Non of these frames were that hard to get unless you're new to the game maybe, just to name a few recent frames. And then we got Protea. Who needs insane grind for some.

23 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

You weren't around for broken war grind before ss/jupiter rework apparently.
Just a hint:

Drop Chance Expected Nearly Guaranteed
Main Blueprint 2.765% 36 – 37 Shadow Stalker kills 246 ± 82 Shadow Stalker kills
Hilt 0.5% 300 Conculyst/Aerolyst kills 1836 ± 783 Conculyst/Aerolyst kills
Blade 0.5%

before for the blade and hild there were only Conculyst that spawned only on lua once per mission and sometimes didn't spawn at all
and nearly guaranteed doesn't mean guaranteed, so ... it could have gone beyond 3k 

ah yes, the classic. I remember doing this... now i regretti with that amount of Neurodes i have stacked up.

There are currently Warframes in the game that take much more grinding to obtain.

Many other frames were also locked behind muuuuuuuuch worse grind walls before those got reduced:

Banshee Chassis was some super low chance drop from Xini, I farmed that for ages before they just put her in a lab.

Hydroid required you to build a key, made out of parts you could only get from (the then much harder to kill) Prosecuters.

Mesa Keys required 3 Malad Nav Coords.

Gara since bounties only rewarded you a single reward at the end.

Oxium dropped in quantities of 1-2, which made researching and building Zephyr a giant chore.

All Prime Warframes that had a part or two locked behind a 5% (or 0.5% lol) drop rate in T3 Surv/Def Rotation C.

An 11.11% drop chance you can roll every 5 minutes (if you wait for the Coinfriend to spawn after you're done with the granum void), is really tame.

Archived