Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path: The common sense way to give it an incentive.

(PSN)Vexx757

From what I`m hearing from some people that have played it, they are not enjoying it, I want to give some ideas to improve this.

·       Give players the ability to choose the enemy level you want to play at like the simulacrum. You start from the original level from the planet then increase the level from there. This feature is available if you are playing solo or if you are playing on invite only however it won`t work on public mode.

·        This should be integrated into other missions like syndicates, kuva liches, fissures, quests, alerts, kuva syphons, invasion missions etc and again the level starts from the mission’s max level as the minimum.

Pros;

·       This will help out new players a lot, they can use this as a milestone for progression to get a feel for the game and it`s mechanics and when they are happy, they can keep moving up levels until they can handle high-level missions.

·       It is another alternative to test out weapons and warframe builds besides the simulacrum and it`s much better for the fact that the encounters of the enemies is real and unpredictable plus it will address the issue with what scot had with ppl keep using the simulacrum (even through it was a stupid issue).

·       You can enjoy playing you favourite missions and have a challenge at the same time at your own pace and at you chosen level.

Rewards

·       Weapon skins

·       Orbiter stencil visually inspired from planets

·       More ornaments (better looking ones)

·       More Operator cosmetics visually inspired from planets.

·       Armour pieces and syandanas visually inspired from planets that has a glow when preforming a certain action (similar to syndicates). Getting multiple of these will intensify the glow effect.

·       Universal medallions (including conclave)

Game mode rewards

·       Syndicate missions drops a 9th medallion that’s worth 20,000 and complicating it gives you extra standing.

·       Fissures will drop double void traces.

·       Kuva siphons/litches drop double kuva.

·       Invasion missions have a 50% chance to offer another rare mod.

Unique add-ons

Every time you complete missions that is level 50+, Teshin will show up challenging to for a fight. The mechanics for Teshin will make fighting him be like a one on one fight, if you get downed, he will disappear.

If you defeat him, he has a chance to drop;

·       A x4 resource, infinity and a drop booster that can be used in the next mission (any) you play on.

·       A duel katana melee weapon. Each time you get this weapon it will increase its crit chance, crit damage and status chance by 2% (to a max of 20% 10 times)

·       Armour pieces that can be used on warframes and operators.

·       An ephemera where every time you get it will increase the intensity of its glow.

·       A booster that can either give your chosen warframe either 300% power strength, duration or range. This can be used on a warframe in the next mission you select (very low drop chance).

·       Gives you 10 of the planet`s rarest resource.

If these ideas were to be implemented, this will drastically improve this mode if it`s not implemented reward driven players (like myself) will only play it for the rewards (operator outfit) and will never touch this mode again which is something you don`t want DE so you need to buck up your ideas, literally.

If you guys got any ideas to add to this, put them here.

il y a 12 minutes, (PS4)Vexx757 a dit :

·       Universal medallions (including conclave)

ThIs iS aN InSuLt tO mY tImE GrInDinG StAnDinGs

On a serious note: Perhaps its more feasible to complete a hard mode boss fight 3 times that we get a blueprint for a warframe skin that resembles the style of the conclave weapons? The warframe skin will belong to the one who's part drops from normal mode (IE, Mag from Phobos, Excal from Mars etc ).

For quest specific warframes, we could put them inside the simaris offerings in hardmode, where completing a hardmode elite scantuary onslaught upto wave 16 will give us one token to spend on one quest specific warframe conclave skin.

Feasibility because it seems the hardmode is coming in this week, so, implementing all the above changes may not be possible in the given time. 😕 

I just like fashionframing so...

3 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

-snip-

Ok I get that they won`t be able to add them in time but what do you think of my suggestions? would they give you the incentive to play this game-mode? if there are issues with them let me know (without being rude about it).

il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)Vexx757 a dit :

Ok I get that they won`t be able to add them in time but what do you think of my suggestions? would they give you the incentive to play this game-mode? if there are issues with them let me know (without being rude about it).

Well, reward-wise. other than the potentially long development time, is fine. For me personally, I would play hardmode just because I have something to do (Thats more than enough for me to play it), but I can't speak for everyone.

Though, players are perhaps more concerned about the actual difficulty of the mode. For that though, we can only wait for the thing to actually drop in order to make valid conclusions on it.

Actually seeing as it's linked to Teshin, giving it conclave standing, arguably instead of that new steel path essence, and linking rewards to the conclave rewards and levels wouldn't be a bad idea imo....

28 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

If you really want that Conclave standing you could... do Conclave. If that's too much than you obviously don't want the stuff enough.

Funnily enough I don't touch conclave because to put it bluntly it sucks (and I do like a well designed pvp game, such as ut/quake etc) and the rewards aren't worth forcing myself to do something I don't enjoy.... but as I said above, it would arguably make sense to give conclave standing rather than a new resource seeing as it's linked to teshin.  It would also give DE an increased pool of rewards without actually doing any extra work. 

Conclave players won't like that idea of course....

How about adding modifiers on mission, each mission with a limit of 3 modifiers or more if the system allows it. Modifiers can be obtained after you finished the entire planet's nodes. Think it is like that Nightfall mission in Destiny 2.

36 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Funnily enough I don't touch conclave because to put it bluntly it sucks (and I do like a well designed pvp game, such as ut/quake etc) and the rewards aren't worth forcing myself to do something I don't enjoy.... but as I said above, it would arguably make sense to give conclave standing rather than a new resource seeing as it's linked to teshin.  It would also give DE an increased pool of rewards without actually doing any extra work. 

Conclave players won't like that idea of course....

Well then again, you don't want the rewards hard enough to pursue them. If you don't like Conclave, no, you should not get to get a free ride to getting the cosmetics. Conclave players have every right to not like the idea, especially since it is quite a bad idea. As DE themselves acknowledged by rolling back universal medallions giving Conclave rep.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Well then again, you don't want the rewards hard enough to pursue them. If you don't like Conclave, no, you should not get to get a free ride to getting the cosmetics. Conclave players have every right to not like the idea, especially since it is quite a bad idea. As DE themselves acknowledged by rolling back universal medallions giving Conclave rep.

So basically your only counter to my suggestion boils down to conclave players wanting to remain special again... 

You're making a lot of assumptions to support your viewpoint...I don't personally care about the cosmetics, the armour is ok but honestly I've got plenty of others I'd use before it, I don't like the weapon skins and don't see a point in using a syandana that needs regular conclave missions to stay lit up.  It looks pretty ugly when it isn't lit up and as I don't like conclave and as such don't play it then it would never be lit up..... Having said that I can't even remember the last time I've even seen the skins or syandana in game.

Now look at it from a different perspective which is a little more open minded.

• The syandana only lights up if you do conclave.... if people want to use it and have it lit up that means they would then go and do conclave more often... in other words potentially more people being active in conclave... I'm sure that not finding other players is one of the complaints about conclave.
  • Players would have an alternative way of getting the conclave mods, this lack of access to mods does put some players off playing conclave due to not being on 'equal terms'.... again another way to potentially encourage people to play conclave.
  • It solves the issue of not enough rewards for steel path, something many people are complaining about, without DE having to actually do anything other than change the reward in mission...  It also prevents people from getting the 'best' things right away (assuming no tier in steel path rewards and also gives conclave players a head start) which covers the 'effort based rewards' that some people want by having a tiered system... 
  • The planned steel path rewards would be stuck into conclave rewards... new rewards for conclave (pretty sure that's a complaint for conclave too) and earlier access for regular conclave players
  • It stops 'one and done' approach if you want all the rewards...
  • There is nothing to say that the rewards from conclave can't be 'higher' than steel path.

Can I see it being done, hell no... DE's going to want to make steel path last as long as possible so they're going for the 'grind for the unique reward' approach again and I'm fully expecting it to be stupidly low drop rates.  Luckily I don't like the steel path armor that much either...

Citation

The common sense way to give it an incentive.

but what if we don't want to give incentive ?

if you give incentive to play in it, player that should not want to play in it will want, and will not be happy because it is too hard.

the incentive to this mode should be "to want to play in an harder version of the game", and if you don't want it, you don't play in it.

il y a 40 minutes, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

I honestly want random or rotating nightmare mission debuffs or maybe a selection from Sorties and Nightmare missions. 

no, not this annoying mechanics...

we juste need more HP for the ennemis. the radiation, loose of energie, ... are juste bad.

6 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

no, not this annoying mechanics...

we juste need more HP for the ennemis. the radiation, loose of energie, ... are juste bad.

It's called "Hard Mode" not "Shoot at Them For Longer" mode.

Who are these players that are actually trying to push for no challenge for a mode that is specifically meant to be more challenging. Just hang out in Mot for an hour if you just want a hp increase.

Edit: just saw your first post, makes sense now. You probably want the mastery, but aren't willing to put up with the challenge. You really shouldn't get a say on what a game mode you aren't going to play should or shouldn't have.

à l’instant, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

Just hang out in Mot for an hour if you just want a hp increase.

this is exacly to avoid it that we need an hard mod.

(an with the new hp scaling, 1 hour is far to be enough)

there is no chalenge if you oneshot everything.

and be oneshot by stupide team mate under radiation is not a chalenge.

5 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

this is exacly to avoid it that we need an hard mod.

(an with the new hp scaling, 1 hour is far to be enough)

there is no chalenge if you oneshot everything.

and be oneshot by stupide team mate under radiation is not a chalenge.

But you don't want a challenge if all you want is some more HPs on the enemy. It's HARD mode. It's meant to be difficult. Some added hps won't do anything on their own. 

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

rewards aren't worth forcing myself to do something I don't enjoy...

That is how I feel about this thread in a more general sense. Most of the suggestions are rewards, which does nothing for making Steel Path fun to play.

I will have some fun completing the star chart again but harder, though as of now I am uncertain whether or not the missions will end up being fun enough to repeat for entertainment. You know what kind of reward I want to see from Steel Path, which is also something that will make the game mode more fun? I'll put it in its own thread, in a bit, I have a unique take. 🙂

il y a 4 minutes, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

But you don't want a challenge if all you want is some more HPs on the enemy. It's HARD mode. It's meant to be difficult. Some added hps won't do anything on their own. 

an ennemis level 130 already have good damage. (a dead ennemis level 130 don't have damage)

2 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

an ennemis level 130 already have good damage. (a dead ennemis level 130 don't have damage)

lol level 130. I was honestly hoping they'd make it at least 200+base level.

Seriously, what are you smoking and can I have some?

5 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

That is how I feel about this thread in a more general sense. Most of the suggestions are rewards, which does nothing for making Steel Path fun to play.

I will have some fun completing the star chart again but harder, though as of now I am uncertain whether or not the missions will end up being fun enough to repeat for entertainment. You know what kind of reward I want to see from Steel Path, which is also something that will make the game mode more fun? I'll put it in its own thread, in a bit, I have a unique take. 🙂

To be fair at this moment in time I'm probably going to go through the steel path star map and then call it a day.... hell I might not even bother with it for a few weeks until DE reworks it based on feedback. 

As much as some will say otherwise getting some sort of 'equal' reward for doing something is what most people expect in this type of game and from what I've seen the current rewards just aren't really worth it if you get me.  While yes we have those who like to do 'endless runs' where they go for hours or even days the majority aren't really that sort of player.

il y a 2 minutes, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

lol level 130. I was honestly hoping they'd make it at least 200+base level.

Seriously, what are you smoking and can I have some?

but DE make them level 130.

so, do you whant more PH for them, if you think that it is not enough ?

43 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

but DE make them level 130.

so, do you whant more PH for them, if you think that it is not enough ?

It's base level +100 levels, so most stuff will being going up from 130+. They are not all a flat 130 that would be silly.

But they are also adding halved sortie modifiers.

I would rather see full sortie modifiers, as well as potentially nightmare ones, and 200+ base level.

Tbh conclave can keep their skins. And their standing. They really dont wanna mix with the PVE crew, why force them?

'Sides,

We got many of their mods now.
Keeping a celestia syndana lit up needs constant conclaving anyways, and theres many more objectively better looking syndana out there.
Are you really grinding for the lex skins?

What do you "really" want from conclave, think about it.

Im just bellow the final rank of conclave. I stopped trying because Im very easy to aggravate, and I rather play the game to chill after a stressful irl life. Others prefer the PVP to chill, Im not that type. 

I can calmly continue to try, but conclave hates people playing for the rewards as well, so I really dont have incentives.

Let the conclave be alone, they want to be left alone, and alone they shall stay.

10 hours ago, paulogabbi said:

well De can add conclave standing or increase traces/kuva drop, because i don't see people playing it after 2 months if the rewards sucks

Thank you for getting it, the way DE had made warframe most ppl don`t want to play it unless they get something worth the time. I personalty don`t find playing high-level missions fun plus I like difficulty where the enemy has unique fighting mechanics instead of increased health however if the reward is good enough I will play it which is what DE should be thinking about.

Also the conclave standing is a good idea (which I saw other ppl suggest it) and add universal medallions also (which works for conclave).

Archived