Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the point of exalted weapons not being able to use mods like blood rush or weeping wounds?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

I think he's just one of the best frames ever made, there's no one way to build him in order for him to be meta unlike some other frames...

One of the reasons i lowered my duration was because i wanted Lull to activate and Deactivate quickly... it helps with Keeping restraint down if im lucky enough to be in a squad without Saryn... ive been relying on Baruuk's giant energy pull to sustain Elude when i need it so even though the drain is extremely high i can cap out my restraint before i ran out,   from there i only need one cast if Desolate so as long as i cap my restraint before the drain goes beyond that Ability's cost.... i mean even if i couldnt cast it i can just kill enemies and pray for Orbs to drop.... and Baruuk can kill alot if enemies from very far away for a Melee Frame...

His kit actually works so well in ESO.... unless ofcourse theres infested then in that case thats a problem since they dont shoot like the other factions do...

All exalted melee weapons are a straight downgrade from regular melee. Without rivens and acolyte mods there is no reason to use exalted weapons. Xoris brought Baruuk close to being able to compete with a standard melee but with no slash on his exalted it failed in situations where a standard melee still shined. 

In my opinion it is never worth using exalted weapons since they drain energy and don't preform as well as regular melee. They are a waste of an ability slot and do nothing but gimp the frame. 

In case you guys forget, Melee 3.0 rework still suppose to have a third stage with a "rage mode" which in turn suppose to replace channeling mechanic that we never got.

I suppose that rage mode is what was intended to work best with warframe exalted ability so DE keep them untouched. 

Actually, why do we even need abilities that only replace one part of our loadouts that's already great on its own? At least it made some sense before Melee 3.0 because regular melee weapons built up their damage much slower and had clunky combos. Now it'd be much better to have something that supports our weapons.

Well, I can understand why DE doesn't necessarily want to just slap all Mod options onto Exalted Weapons. You don't want these abilities to outpace literally every other option in your arsenal, especially since most Exalted/Melee abilities are quite cheap while still being fairly effective. 

However, it's not good to completely remove options and act surprised when other weapons with those options outpace those that don't. DE really needs to put in more work to differentiate the uses between Melee, Melee Abilities and Exalted Melee Abilities.

Melee should probably remain as is.

Melee Abilities should receive some hefty base stat upgrades while reducing or outright removing the recurring cast efficiency. Of course this depends on the Warframe and actual power of the ability, but if they're going to hit far harder, they do need some kind of drawback. I'd say Whipclaw should be the general example, it scales as normal but doesn't receive a reduced Energy cost per cast, since it's a single-cast ability with a large AoE.

Exalted Melee should have an increased drain over time, but now Mods like Blood Rush and the like can be used (with some base stat increases where needed). Now staying in them forever isn't exactly an option, but they'll have far less limited options when it comes to modding. The increased drain will eventually force players to stop using the ability, but now it hits like a truck for the short time it's available. 

DE should also probably take a look at Stat-Sticks. I'd have Melee Abilities with their own separate Modding page, or if they're going to keep refusing that idea, just make Rivens and weapon-specific skins stop affecting these abilities. That includes Mods with passives being placed on Sentinel weapons and still affecting our Warframe weapons (the set mods), and anything else I may be forgetting.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Exalted Melee should have an increased drain over time, but now Mods like Blood Rush and the like can be used (with some base stat increases where needed). Now staying in them forever isn't exactly an option, but they'll have far less limited options when it comes to modding. The increased drain will eventually force players to stop using the ability, but now it hits like a truck for the short time it's available. 

My only issue with this is Not having enough energy to use the Other Abilities aswell.... 

I dont want the drain to be so Excessive that im limited to just one ability.

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

My only issue with this is Not having enough energy to use the Other Abilities aswell.... 

I dont want the drain to be so Excessive that im limited to just one ability.

Easiest fix there is to make it so other abilities receive a 50% decreased cost while using your 4. 

15 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I mean.... you just proved my point.... i have significantly more range and less duration on my Baruuk with the same strength and it feels just as Solid....

GHS's Build for Baruuk doesnt have as much range and he swears his build is ready for steel path....

See ? Either Baruuk is weird or hes possibly one of the best designed Warframes just for having so many viable builds...

I'm running basic range on mine with severely reduced duration, capped efficiency and 225% strength iirc, Steel Charge being the aura since it brings the highest damage potential compared to Growing Power. Negative duration results in lull being spammable since the "active" field that prohibits you from recasting it is there very shortly while the skill retains acceptable sleep duration. This allows for some fast CC and great restraint management on demand.

You can go with more range in my build, but I opted out of it in order to get Natural Talent in there for faster lull and dagger rebuffing.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm running basic range on mine with severely reduced duration, capped efficiency and 225% strength iirc, Steel Charge being the aura since it brings the highest damage potential compared to Growing Power. Negative duration results in lull being spammable since the "active" field that prohibits you from recasting it is there very shortly while the skill retains acceptable sleep duration. This allows for some fast CC and great restraint management on demand.

You can go with more range in my build, but I opted out of it in order to get Natural Talent in there for faster lull and dagger rebuffing.

Its always nice when you have a slot to spare for Natural Talent... i wish i could use it on all my warframes.

On 2020-07-07 at 3:44 AM, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

I think he's just one of the best frames ever made.

He wasn't at first. But his Reactive Storm augment on top of the melee and status reworks were a huge benefit and bumped him up to top tier. 

Hard to believe after the rather lukewarm reception he got when he was first released. 

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Yes.. When My Silvia and Aegis Prime can kill just as fast and faster than a 348% power strength Valkyr's Talons then there's something really really wrong about that!

But Silvia Aegis doesn't make you invulnerable though...

On 2020-07-06 at 4:19 PM, SneakyErvin said:

It will be hard with Baruuk and Excal to add it since currently they are designed so their ranged portion of the skills arent building combo. I think this is done to balance those skills. On Wukong and Valkyr though there seems to be little reason to not allow acolyte mods since they are just regular melee weapons really.

They'd need to rework and rebalance Exalted Blade and Serene Storm for it to both work and not be OP on the ranged part of those skills.

Simple. Make combo multiplier not affect the range part.

Both SS and EB have direct damage. Quite frankly the ranged part of Storm is better than blade but the upclose part od blade is better than storm.

Direct hits from Exaulted blade would benefit more, balancing the naturally stronger ranged thanks to the stances mobility and reach. Before Storms augment people claimed the waves were worse than blades, some even claiming them worthless and stating blade was universally better die to how much faster and mobile blade was. Of course those arguments always conveniently ignore that blade had an augment and was pathetic without it.

So ya.. just make it so the waves dont benefit from acolyte effects. EBs better preformance with direct attacks would make up for it with them in fantastic fashion.

Quite frankly SS not building due to the better ranged would balance it as well. Exaulted blade with primed reach actually does as well as any normal melee does, with the waves as an added bonus rather than feeling like a focus.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Yes.. When My Silvia and Aegis Prime can kill just as fast and faster than a 348% power strength Valkyr's Talons then there's something really really wrong about that!

Oh no I just meant without power strength, I mod the claws themselves for dmg, not valkyr. They do really good without power strength. I didn't know power strength even increased the dmg of hysteria.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Oh no I just meant without power strength, I mod the claws themselves for dmg, not valkyr. They do really good without power strength. I didn't know power strength even increased the dmg of hysteria.

Power Strength increases the base damage of exalted weapons

On 2020-07-06 at 1:31 PM, TheKazz91 said:

Because DE feels like it's a good design to make some warframe's 4th ability a strictly worse version of every other warframe's ability to press E....

Quoted for truth.

20 hours ago, FireSegment said:

In case you guys forget, Melee 3.0 rework still suppose to have a third stage with a "rage mode" which in turn suppose to replace channeling mechanic that we never got.

I suppose that rage mode is what was intended to work best with warframe exalted ability so DE keep them untouched. 

There's no guarantee that's coming any time soon or will even affect exalted weapons in a special way.

15 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Bruh, you really saying Valkyr's talons suck?

Yes. Their low status and lack of weeping wounds or blood rush kills it.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Venka prime is better talons than talons.

4 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

But Silvia Aegis doesn't make you invulnerable though...

But there are frames that can tank to an insane degree that they might as well be unkillable and can use a regular melee weapon to greater effect without relying on energy, being subject to arbitration drones and nullifies, or being tied to a specific frame.

said it before, I'll keep saying it:

make Exalted weapons run on a new separate system like Destiny's Super abilities.

instead of piling up energy and angrily swooshing through things, you have to fill up a new "exalted meter" through getting kills, then, when you activate the ability you get  ~10 seconds of Exalted ability, however.. the Exalted weapons would now be ungodly, ridiculous levels of OP, I'm talking 100k damage, I'm talking 500% Crit chance, absolutely unthinkable ludicrous, jaw-dropping stats, that make your Exalted kill just about anything.. but only for a few seconds.

this way, people can retain the power fantasy, while also having to be more tactical with the use of the Exalted ability, only using it when it's absolutely needed. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Simple. Make combo multiplier not affect the range part.

Both SS and EB have direct damage. Quite frankly the ranged part of Storm is better than blade but the upclose part od blade is better than storm.

Direct hits from Exaulted blade would benefit more, balancing the naturally stronger ranged thanks to the stances mobility and reach. Before Storms augment people claimed the waves were worse than blades, some even claiming them worthless and stating blade was universally better die to how much faster and mobile blade was. Of course those arguments always conveniently ignore that blade had an augment and was pathetic without it.

So ya.. just make it so the waves dont benefit from acolyte effects. EBs better preformance with direct attacks would make up for it with them in fantastic fashion.

Quite frankly SS not building due to the better ranged would balance it as well. Exaulted blade with primed reach actually does as well as any normal melee does, with the waves as an added bonus rather than feeling like a focus.

I wouldnt have a problem if Baruuk cant get combo bonuses on his waves, but for Excal it should be a thing.

Exalted Blade isnt exactly good atm, letting only the melee part of EB benefit from combo would make it lag behind versus everything else if acolyte mods apply to the rest of them (besides Baruuk). It could work on EB if Chromatic Blade is reworked though, so it is a direct mirror of Reactive Storm, because right now it is just a high status weapon that scales very poorly due to removing its slash when slotting Chromatic Blade. That way it would keep the normal stats while improving the status and giving it adaptive damage so it scales better. Baruuk gets massive crit instead of having a useful baseline status like slash.

Lorewise....

Would be a good storyline that we find new mods that only work on Exalted Weapons that lead to Warframes full power of being Exalted Forms. 

Playerwise...

It's DE way of making players look at other options besides the META. They change things in the game to make those who get used to the easy have to reschuffle the way they play. Playtime is the main way of showing that Warframe is a growing game worth investing in and to get players to keep going, things are added and changed. 

Archived